Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Interesting that PSG won't join the SuperLeague right away. Figured they and Man City would be first in line.

Bayern already know their supporters would riot if they joined.

PSG's owner is on the UEFA executive committee so that might have been a conflict of interest.

Also, the German Clubs are majority owned by the fans, so there's that too...

The PL was just a rebranded First Division, with a nicer trophy and sleeker TV coverage.

uefa probably scare super league will take it's audience(even though they'll both come on different weeks)
PL is probably hesitant because their "best league in the world" title might look funny in the light if those two spanish giants reup this summer and rotate winning the league

either way, more soccer for me

The Premier League are against the idea of an ESL because the American owners/executives/board members of the "Big 6" clubs have been using it as a barging chip to consolidate their clubs' statuses in the EPL.

lowkey the US system of league organization actually works better.

It should, though. The US is one country, with a single economic structure, a homogeneous sporting culture, etc.

A Europe wide American-style system could end up being a mess.

How can anyone side with UEFA or the leagues. The corrupt fukks just want to keepntheir money in house. Soccer needs consolidation and better structure. It's too loosey goose. fukk the champions league.

Lol as bad as UEFA, EPL, LL etc are at hording money, the ESL will be 10 times worse.

Also, to your final point, I disagree. The meritocracy of soccer is what makes it so interesting.

This whole European Super League idea is nasty.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
It is still better than the format they are trying to introduce as it is based on merit and is not a closed book format

if you have a bad season you don't get into the next season which is similar to the relegation \promotion format we have in all leagues format

Personally I wouldn't change anything keep it all like it is

Have to say
:salute:to PSG , Bayern Munich and Dortmund for all saying no to this :trash: super league idea
It's really not though because it just increases places for bigger teams/leagues (they talking about 6 teams from some leagues :scusthov:) and still shuts out champions of the smaller leagues, I'm really not interested in this new CL format unless those places going outside the BIg 5 leagues. Like I said I'm not a fan of a super league but if it's a choice between 2 money grabs which they both are, the shyt new CL or us going it alone with the other clubs and the money on offer it's an easy one to make.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
EzSIzB4VkAcjuG7

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I'm done if this super league shyt happens:yeshrug:
Bullshyt...we will watch regardless bc at the end of the day, the quality of football being played will be top drawer...

Champions League itself is welfare football. You know which teams usually compete truly for it with a winning chance ? The teams that signed up for this super league bar the German/French teams currently holding out.

if you a top team, would ok with the UEFA taking 50-60 million to give to a team for participating that didn’t contribute 10% of the revenue you brought to the competition? And that’s not counting the money UEFA holds out for miscellaneous purposes.

Players however might want to oppose it bc a Salary Cap would definitely be in their future :russ:

Last edited:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
The rebels will wither and die. And we shall dance on their graves.

For starters all the South Americans will leave straight away when FIFA bans rebellious players from inter international football. A World Cup or a Libertadores is worth 10x more to them than any European trophy, never mind some Mickey Mouse crap. They will just go to PSG or Bayern to maintain their salaries.

The World Cup is still by far the pinnacle of football. Why? Because billions of casuals watch it, and they know literally nothing about the sport. They tune in for an exercise in nationalism, not for the quality of the football. They can't tell the difference between some non-league hack and Cronaldo, they'll watch it regardless of who is playing and how good they are. Because its the colours and the national flags that matter to the casual viewer, not the skills on display. And that's where the money gets made. Advertisers care far more about getting a commercial in a World Cup broadcast than they do being the official condom of Manchester United.

These rebel clubs will be crushed like the insects that they are, like when Crassus beat Spartacus and crucified every last one of the rebellious gladiators along the Appian Way :ufdup:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bullshyt...we will watch regardless bc at the end of the day, the quality of football being played will be top drawer...

Champions League itself is welfare football. You know which teams usually compete truly for it with a winning chance ? The teams that signed up for this super league bar the German/French teams currently holding out.

if you a top team, would ok with the UEFA taking 50-60 million to give to a team for participating that didn’t contribute 10% of the revenue you brought to the competition? And that’s not counting the money UEFA holds out for miscellaneous purposes.

Players however might want to oppose it bc a Salary Cap would definitely be in their future :russ:

I won't, it will fukk this game up even more. Say goodbye to League football