Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I would also include Chelsea's title defence when Maureen last won it. Ended up 37 points worse off
Man u's title defence when Fegie left was quite shocking
Leeds title defence in 92/93 they nearly got relegated they were that bad

Leeds don't count. Didn't win the league in the PL era. Just like they don't count pre CL when Real become the first team to win b2b and then treble CL titles. Even tho we all know the European Cup was won both b2b and treble times in a row.

Can argue that with United and Blackburn defences were under different managers. And Chelsea under Mourinho mk II and Leicester the manager who won the title didn't complete the following season.

Also why we really including United and Chelsea who had already won multiple leagues before anyway.

So realistically if we going off first time PL winners. Liverpool with the same Manager throughout the following season. It's poor.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He's barely played due to injury and covid :camby: future GOAT gonna be just fine :ufdup:

Yep, Chelsea is what I said, Mancs too but you have to take into consideration the Moyes Effect :lolbron: Leeds is a little before my time so I couldn't really say as I didn't see it in real time but I'm sure old man @Kunty McPhuck could shed some light on that one :mjgrin:

All I remember is Cantona leaving and they turned too shyt. But I didn't have Sky so I was watching more Italian football on C4 anyway.

I've seen Fulham win more league titles than you have for Liverpool. :mjgrin:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Leeds don't count. Didn't win the league in the PL era. Just like they don't count pre CL when Real become the first team to win b2b and then treble CL titles. Even tho we all know the European Cup was won both b2b and treble times in a row.

Can argue that with United and Blackburn defences were under different managers. And Chelsea under Mourinho mk II and Leicester the manager who won the title didn't complete the following season.

Also why we really including United and Chelsea who had already won multiple leagues before anyway.

So realistically if we going off first time PL winners. Liverpool with the same Manager throughout the following season. It's poor.
He was replying to that ho @Yayo Toure who said worst title defence ever not prem or with same manager but if we use those very specific qualifications that makes us 1 of 1 then yea you right it's us :mjgrin:

All I remember is Cantona leaving and they turned too shyt. But I didn't have Sky so I was watching more Italian football on C4 anyway.

I've seen Fulham win more league titles than you have for Liverpool. :mjgrin:
Pick and choose when you claim ya squad you are truly shameless my friend :scust: you also seen more relegations than me and them play in the 3rd tier :picard: so swings and roundabouts :banderas:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He was replying to that ho @Yayo Toure who said worst title defence ever not prem or with same manager but if we use those very specific qualifications that makes us 1 of 1 then yea you right it's us :mjgrin:

Pick and choose when you claim ya squad you are truly shameless my friend :scust: you also seen more relegations than me and them play in the 3rd tier :picard: so swings and roundabouts :banderas:

If you want the worst ever title defence ever in England then its the 1930's Man City. They got relegated the following season. But he was naming all PL era stuff. :manny:

I was just adding some context to the discussion. I did say you can argue? But you missed that point while being such a hurry to reply. All those teams failed title defences changed manager the following season at some point and Liverpool havent am I lying?

:dead: You getting uptight on a throwaway bar about a nothing club like Fulham. :hubie:

And I aint your Friend :ufdup:

Daps

Yaya didn't say worst Prem title defence ever,he said worst title defence ever, so for someone who was born a long time before the Prem even started im including Leeds in this discussion.
Football didn't start in 1992

and what we can't include a team when they sack their manager the following season. The fact they sacked their manager shows how how bad their title defence was. It's not Liverpool fault if they don't sack their manager, and just so we know I don't want Klopp sacked
And we are including Man U and Chelsea because he said worst title defence ever he didn't stipulate that they get a pass if they won the league already before it or anything like that

Yes it's been a bad title defence, but up until the beginning of this year, it wasn't that bad, we were doing ok, even with the injuries,and we have only falling apart in 2021, which corresponds with Yaya coming back on the Coli again, we didn't hear peep from him last year or last season

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
If you want the worst ever title defence ever in England then its the 1930's Man City. They got relegated the following season. But he was naming all PL era stuff. :manny:

I was just adding some context to the discussion. I did say you can argue? But you missed that point while being such a hurry to reply. All those teams failed title defences changed manager the following season at some point and Liverpool havent am I lying?

:dead: You getting uptight on a throwaway bar about a nothing club like Fulham. :hubie:

And I aint your Friend :ufdup:
Surely if your title defence involves getting your manager sacked during it then it is infinitely worse than ours with the same manager no :jbhmm:

I see you ain’t refute you pick and choose though friend :mjpls:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yaya didn't say worst Prem title defence ever,he said worst title defence ever, so for someone who was born a long time before the Prem even started im including Leeds in this discussion.
Football didn't start in 1992

and what we can't include a team when they sack their manager the following season. The fact they sacked their manager shows how how bad their title defence was. It's not Liverpool fault if they don't sack their manager, and just so we know I don't want Klopp sacked
And we are including Man U and Chelsea because he said worst title defence ever he didn't stipulate that they get a pass if they won the league already before it or anything like that

Yes it's been a bad title defence, but up until the beginning of this year, it wasn't that bad, we were doing ok, even with the injuries,and we have only falling apart in 2021, which corresponds with Yaya coming back on the Coli again, we didn't hear peep from him last year or last season

You only care about pre PL because that was Liverpools most successful period. Care about the hooligan era so much :scust: the PL was made to get ride of that stench . You should of included Citeh 1937/38 team to fire back @Yayo Toure.

Liverpool were hyped as an all time great team, even the best EVER by some. So yes it is a poor defence and worst than all those other teams as none of those teams were put on the pedestal as Liverpool were.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Surely if your title defence involves getting your manager sacked during it then it is infinitely worse than ours with the same manager no :jbhmm:

I see you ain’t refute you pick and choose though friend :mjpls:

Liverpool wont sack Klopp because your board are shook of the fans. But losing 5 home games in a row and only scoring a pen would get him sacked nearly everywhere else.

I only follow them on the behalf of an elderly family member. :scust: at your coming at my 97 year old blind aunt. :unimpressed:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bRf3mDl.png
A7QFvVz.png

Last edited:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Liverpool wont sack Klopp because your board are shook of the fans. But losing 5 home games in a row and only scoring a pen would get him sacked nearly everywhere else.

I only follow them on the behalf of an elderly family member. :scust: at your coming at my 97 year old blind aunt. :unimpressed:
In normal times and if the cb debacle wasn’t their own doing maybe but this ain’t normal times and there are extenuating circumstances here that you wanna ignore while applying caveats to everyone else but you trolling and being disingenuous again anyway so it’s whatever :usure:

Throwing your 97 year old blind aunt under the bus to deflect for you being a plastic fan what is wrong with you friend :picard::scusthov: