Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Has Thiago been a flop? Haven't really watched Liverpool

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Should do a player swap with Thiago and Van De Beek.
I'm here for it :ehh:

In all seriousness as much as I was not a fan of the move from the start, it's not fair to blame him in his first season with the team in a shambles for it not working, he's way down the list of problems in fact he's pretty much at the bottom and like I keep saying stick him next to Fab/Hendo/Naby in some combination and I have no doubt it would be :ahh: but what I just can't get over regardless of his fit in the current midfield setup, is that there are just hardly any moments when that individual quality shines through as you would expect and I just don't get it.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Yeah Salah should have played on and also he's the only one consistently scoring for us and should be playing closer to goal. He's been dragged out wide and given creation responsibilities more recently and nobody's finishing anything he creates. I'd personally stick Mane on the right, Salah through the middle and Jota left for the remainder of the season. Get Naby in midfield, Fabinho at the base and play two center halves in defence. They might not be the quickest, most experienced or the most tactically suited but with every other position stacked with quality we'll be able to cover for these deficiencies better.
Not my words but it's as simple as that as far as I'm concerned :yeshrug:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You really ain't been watching football long enough if you really thnk that. But then I've said before I think you started supporting Man city when the money started to roll in and then following football since then

And your title defence last year weren't that great
The only ones you could say are worse were Leicester and Blackburn, but considering the highs, Liverpool reached last season and that they were favorites for the title, I think it is the worst. :manny:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
The only ones you could say are worse were Leicester and Blackburn, but considering the highs, Liverpool reached last season and that they were favorites for the title, I think it is the worst. :manny:
It's not been great, Leicester was a fluke title (it was deserved, maybe one off is the better way to describe it but you know what I mean) so I don't think that's really fair, for me it's Chelsea in Jose's second stint and it's not even close tbh unless we continue to fall spectacularly which I don't think we will and you can't bring up point totals and us being favorites and completely disregard all the injuries or us still being top at Christmas :manny: