Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jeez my life is strange, i'm buying a Honduras National team shirt for this chick. And my God why is it so hard to find shirts for women.

BOBN

Pro
Daps
I know that sounds good, that Pep shows up doesn't actually do anything and the genius just emanates collectively from the starting eleven without any outside manipulation but that downplays the work that was put into actually managing a side. It suggests that it just clicked one day which is decidedly naive.

It's frankly astonishing that he kept the players playing at such an intense and high level, stayed sane and was successful at it. The only things you can actually say against Pep is that he could never manage a plan B that wasn't contingent or a spectre of plan A, his transfer dealings were a bit shoddy, and he has yet to try his hand somewhere else which isn't really necessary because his record as of now is one of the best ever.
Well pep is a barcelona legend so that guarntees a certain amount of loyalty and commitment. people like fabregas sucked his cock as a player so would have died for him good coach or not so that explains the intensity. Cant remember ibrahimovic, ronaldinho and the like breaking their backs for him.

Pep has proven he can manage the very best barcelona generation using huge resources. managing the very best players in familiar surroundings with the very best budget is more likely to lead to success than managing poor players with a poor budget. If you accept that basic premise there are not enough constants to conclude he is one of the best in the world. Hes everything to prove and he looks like a self-critical man so privately he would probably agree.

I dont mind you rate him highly, assuming he could build another great side at barca nevermind anywhere else, but to act like he is beyond question is dumbness

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
RBNY lose 2 forwards called Juan with 4 syllable last names in the last 2 years. South Ward can no longer sing "there's only Juan _ _ _ _"

:laugh:

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
So what do you guys think, Chelsea or Bayern tomorrow? :ehh: i'm about to make some bets...

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Well pep is a barcelona legend so that guarntees a certain amount of loyalty and commitment. people like fabregas sucked his cock as a player so would have died for him good coach or not so that explains the intensity. Cant remember ibrahimovic, ronaldinho and the like breaking their backs for him.

Pep has proven he can manage the very best barcelona generation using huge resources. managing the very best players in familiar surroundings with the very best budget is more likely to lead to success than managing poor players with a poor budget. If you accept that basic premise there are not enough constants to conclude he is one of the best in the world. Hes everything to prove and he looks like a self-critical man so privately he would probably agree.

I dont mind you rate him highly, assuming he could build another great side at barca nevermind anywhere else, but to act like he is beyond question is dumbness

I don't disagree with you, I just think that allowing this particular Barcelona side to flourish in a specific way is laudable while playing some decent football to boot. It simply seems to me that people often overlook the cumbersome task it is to coordinate play at such an elevated level that Pep had them playing at. Of course, the widespread praise they get wouldn't really indicate that but there are still those who make it out to easier than it was.

I was also reading the review of Graham Hunter's book on Barca in When Saturday Comes and some nice tidbits like Mourinho applied for the Barca job and they were blown away but they simply didn't like him, Pep never drinks and is apparently an insomniac who watches football all night, and the reason why Ibra failed was because he never grasped the complexity of Barca's system (:aicmon:)

And speaking of Pep:

Ozil and Gotze :bow:

[YOUTUBE]QMv8g8CO4cQ[/YOUTUBE]

BOBN

Pro
Daps
I don't disagree with you, I just think that allowing this particular Barcelona side to flourish in a specific way is laudable while playing some decent football to boot. It simply seems to me that people often overlook the cumbersome task it is to coordinate play at such an elevated level that Pep had them playing at. Of course, the widespread praise they get wouldn't really indicate that but there are still those who make it out to easier than it was.

I was also reading the review of Graham Hunter's book on Barca in When Saturday Comes and some nice tidbits like Mourinho applied for the Barca job and they were blown away but they simply didn't like him, Pep never drinks and is apparently an insomniac who watches football all night, and the reason why Ibra failed was because he never grasped the complexity of Barca's system (:aicmon:)

And speaking of Pep:

cool.

not feeling that ad, blatent rip of the world cup one.

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
And speaking of Pep:

fukkk all them subliminals at the end

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
what about Alves? Keita? Abidal? Villa? Mascherano?

I agree that he has to prove his worth elsewhere, but if it were so easy hten why didnt Rijkaard achieve as much? IMO, he had a better wealth of talent that had been together for a few seasons as well. Its never as black and white as you are trying to make it.

this is true, but do you hold Sacchi to the same standard as Guardiola?

I guess my thing is I dont understand the need by people to de-legitimize Barcelona's greatness as if its something easy to do. We just watched one of the greatest sides to ever play, and I disliked them too but that does not mean I have to de-legitimize their claim at greatness.

and the reason why Ibra failed was because he never grasped the complexity of Barca's system (:aicmon:)

why would this surprise you? Ibra is the most individualistic player in the world not named Cronaldo? HE cant play in a system unless its altered to feature him.

one of the blokes from Carlisle mentioned this eons ago on these threads, and I agree with him.