Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Listen m8.. we put through the most amount of national team players out there.. Jozy, Bradley, Ream, Agudelo so :what:

:stopitslime:

and Jozy stagnated his last few years at Red Bulls. Agudelo was just traded, so :takedat:

The only one I will give credit for is Ream.

then we have fallen promising talents like Eddie Gaven, David Arvisu, Marvell Wynne, Ricardo Clark*, and now Agudelo

*He became a solid player AFTER leaving that franchise.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I read that article in ESPN the Mag today. Was really good. I always thought of Aboutrika as some prick, but that article made me think differently of him.

That Wayne Rooney idiot savant article was good too.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
how dare people question the ability of a rookie coach who was blessed with the greatest collection of homegrown players in spanish footballing history. all bow to the overlord of football pep! he made xavi and messi with his bare hands then rested on the sunday.

and hes proven himself in all spheres. where to play messi when he has eto'o', where to play messi when he has villa, where to play messi when he has henry. there is no terrain he has not seen and conquered :bow:

I know that sounds good, that Pep shows up doesn't actually do anything and the genius just emanates collectively from the starting eleven without any outside manipulation but that downplays the work that was put into actually managing a side. It suggests that it just clicked one day which is decidedly naive.

It's frankly astonishing that he kept the players playing at such an intense and high level, stayed sane and was successful at it. The only things you can actually say against Pep is that he could never manage a plan B that wasn't contingent or a spectre of plan A, his transfer dealings were a bit shoddy, and he has yet to try his hand somewhere else which isn't really necessary because his record as of now is one of the best ever.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
[YOUTUBE]vy44MHVi1M0[/YOUTUBE]

That should be the mutt's nuts on Saturday. Except, it could just be me or are all these Nike ads starting to look a bit samey? Looks like a scene out of the World Cup ad.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
same exact type of scene, true

but what do you expect when you've already made the greatest commercial ever though?

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
but what do you expect when you've already made the greatest commercial ever though?

Indeed.

Theo Walcott's family have said they will not travel to Ukraine for Euro 2012 for fear of racist attacks.

The England winger's brother Ashley tweeted on Tuesday that he and his father will be staying at home. "Unfortunately my dad n i have taken the decision not to travel to the Ukraine because of the fear of possible racist attacks confrontations," he said. "Something's aren't worth risking, but begs the question why hold a competition of this magnitude in a place that can not police itself for foreigners of any creed to feel safe, but I'll be watching every minute."

The whole Walcott bloodline is soft it seems. Yet they let Theo travel with EBJT:what: