Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7761545/Roy-Carrick-ruled-himself-out

Michael Carrick ruled himself out of the England squad for Euro 2012, Roy Hodgson and the Football Association have confirmed.

The 30-year-old Manchester United midfielder was omitted from the 23-man party which was officially confirmed on Wednesday.

It was revealed that Carrick did not want to be considered if he was not pushing for a starting role with the Three Lions.

"We were advised a few months ago that because of where he was in his career, that he wanted to step back from being called up"
Adrian Bevington on Carrick Quotes of the week

"We were advised a few months ago that because of where he was in his career, that he wanted to step back from being called up and sitting on the subs bench. He will help in extreme situations," confirmed the FA's Adrian Bevington.

Hodgson added: "I wouldn't dream of putting Michael Carrick on a standby list after he's made it clear in the past he doesn't want to be involved like that.

"I'd have to be convinced he was better than the four [central midfielders] I've selected, and that he'd be happy to come out of retirement."

Fair play Mike.

Hodgson is a clown though, he IS better than the four 'central midfielders'.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
‘I get angry every week when I go to buy petrol,’ fumed Hoeness. ‘The oil mafia takes money out of my pocket to invest it in footballers. For me this stinks to high heaven and I include Mr Abramovich in all this. We need to beat clubs like Chelsea on the field of play. Chelsea are a club with their backs to the wall as a result of their patchy league season. If they lose they won’t be in the competition next year.

‘If Bayern win it, we will make around £20million. That is what the game is all about: sporting success based on sound economic sense. Mr Abramovich has put £900m into Chelsea. If he pulls the plug on them, you’ll be able to pick the club up for the price of a puzzle magazine from a newsstand.

:lolbron:

Goodnews

All Star
Daps
Serious question
How do you guys watch these games?
Innanet, TV?

help me out im trying to pick up soccer

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Serious question
How do you guys watch these games?
Innanet, TV?

help me out im trying to pick up soccer

Radio. Me and the brehs plan to hunker down around the ol' Silvertone and listen to the Champions League final on saturday. Should be a magical night.

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Theyre saying Roberto Martinez could takeover at Pool, i wouldnt mind it one bit, id a prefer a latin manager then british, time for a change i think, someone with different vision and an eye for players

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Martinez trying to tiki-taka with that squad :lolbron:

Gonna be 1000000000x worse than AVB at Chelsea.