Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I enjoy Carra and Neville's banter more than their analysis. Especially Carra. I don't feel like I've gained any amazing insight listening to him apart from his facts and stats knowledge. Neville I enjoy due to my bias.
To be fair, Monday Night Football, especially when it's both of them on it properly sets the football world to rights on a lot of issues.

I don't agree with them on everything obviously, i often disagree/get annoyed with Neville when it comes to United but in terms of actual tactical analysis we've not really seen anything like it on UK tv.

We had Keys and Gray:mjlol:, then when Neville came in on MNF it kind of revolutionised punditry in the UK and the level of actual in game analysis as opposed to the odd graphic and 20 second analysis on MOTD post game highlights. I'd love to hate Carra but he's carried it on well and genuinely knows his stuff.:ehh:

Last edited:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I actually enjoyed watching the nba finals on sky sports they had bj Armstrong and before cutting to commercials he’d give a overview

fan channels for nba teams are so low and majority suck .
Yeah it wasn't bad was it, when they just throw up the US stream it'll be Kenny making the odd jog to the screen while Shaq talks nonsense.:shaq:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
That is one of the few traditional media things worth watching and even then I'll watch the clips on YouTube rather than sit through 5 hours of MNF to hear the interesting bits.

There's just too much content to consume nowadays (mainstream media or fan stuff). Just gotta find out what works for you :yeshrug:
Yeah tbf i only actually tune in when i know it's Carra + G.Nev or these days Carra + an interesting guest, otherwise i just catch the highlights on youtube.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
as far as Arsenal dudes, i enjoy listening to Turkish the most, cause he's actually funny and he's also sensible as well.
DT has a bad rep, but he's actually levelheaded and realistic when you put aside all the banter/swearing
Troopz...meh. My brother dikkrides him, he was funny at first but the schtick has grown tired.
James is sensible. Robbie seems sensible.
Cant speak too much about the others

I only recently discovered Saaed cause of Turkish's top 6 podcast. He just comes across as a troll

Can't stand Turkish when it comes to Arsenal but I can see the appeal. I saw him on something else and he's funny like you said.

He's a one trick pony with Arsenal sometimes, it's Ozil or Kroenke's fault. Like fam, Lacazette is playing as a 10, how is that on Stan?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Lowkey...Watching Stewart Robson obvious hatred towards Arsenal and Wenger over the years was entertaining and :scust: at the same time. You'd think Wenger fcked his wife :russ: no wonder that nikka went bald. He bitter as fukk ...

Nah thing is there's genuine quality analysis out there for football. Say what you want about G. Nev and Carragher and their biases but their punditry/analysis is top notch. Obviously that's only for UK brehs/streamers who can see it but it's great.

From what i've seen there's nothing like that out there for Basketball in the mainstream, though i've been looking.:jbhmm:
we dont get skyports unless the odd youtube clip here and there or if the live bootleg broadcast stays on. I heard such a disgusting take from Robbie Mustoe from NBCN some time back, i never listen to him again. if he's on a live play-by-play podcast i'll mute that shyt.

Inside the NBA used to be the best basketball tv show until they added Shaq to it. Kobe's TV show Detail was good. Jalen and Jacoby is good.

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah tbf i only actually tune in when i know it's Carra + G.Nev or these days Carra + an interesting guest, otherwise i just catch the highlights on youtube.

I really enjoyed watching Carragher's comments on Lampard the other week.

"I want to be Klopp. I want to be on the sideline, fist pumping the Kop when Liverpool have won, it looks amazing."

"Frank Lampard wants to be Jose Mourinho, John Terry wants to be Jose Mourinho, I'm sure Thierry Henry looks at Arsene Wenger and thinks, 'I'd love to do that, I could do that'.

"What I'd say about players of my generation, and why I do punditry, is that I want to be Jurgen Klopp managing Liverpool, but I don't want to go to Mainz for seven years and work my way up."

Refreshing to hear that. Nobody with a name has dared to call Lampard out for not bothering to learn his trade properly. Chelsea are a badly coached team and this is why.

Neville has become a bit too fond of his own voice over the past year or so. Had a spark when he started but seems to be feeling himself a little too much.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lowkey...Watching Stewart Robson obvious hatred towards Arsenal and Wenger over the years was entertaining and :scust: at the same time. You'd think Wenger fcked his wife :russ: no wonder that nikka went bald. He bitter as fukk ...

He got fired from Arsenal TV and he's never gotten over that:mjlol:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
He got fired from Arsenal TV and he's never gotten over that:mjlol:
thought the word is he wanted the assistant coach as well. It would make sense because he went years going on about how Arsenal had to hire an assistant coach to teach them how to defend.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I will say, this is great, genuinely, for those people. My only problem with foreign fans is that they pick up this sort of retarded football discourse because they see this stuff and think that's what it is.

You only have to look at something like the African civil war between Messi and Ronaldo fans on twitter to see evidence of it.

With all that said NBA twitter is worse.

Yeah, some of the views of the Indian fans is suspect. Way too many Mustafi and Lacazette fans.

NBA and Football Twitter have become identical. It's all hives and stats (if they got Rockets or Harden in the profile pic :shaq2: :ufdup:)

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Tbf Stewart Robson knows his shyt tho. One of the few pundits you can tell watches games, does his research etc. I'd trust his opinion ahead of 95% of your standard football pundits and commentators.

He was hard on Arsene but maybe breh just wanted to see his team win :mjpls:It's no different to when Neville goes in on Man Utd.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Tbf Stewart Robson knows his shyt tho. One of the few pundits you can tell watches games, does his research etc. I'd trust his opinion ahead of 95% of your standard football pundits and commentators.

He was hard on Arsene but maybe breh just wanted to see his team win :mjpls:It's no different to when Neville goes in on Man Utd.
ive never seen neville go that hard on united lmao....the bias on Arsenal/Wenger was strong.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, some of the views of the Indian fans is suspect. Way too many Mustafi and Lacazette fans.

NBA and Football Twitter have become identical. It's all hives and stats (if they got Rockets or Harden in the profile pic :shaq2: :ufdup:)

Harden stans / Rockets twitter getting shat on every year is some of the best times of the year :blessed:

Fan culture on twitter in general is some troll shyt but on the NBA side there's definitely some very good accounts that make it worthwhile.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah Robson and Lee Dixon are the only player pundits who actually know anything. I remember Lee and Robson were the only ones pointing out Ramsay's shoity midfield ways, and from jump calling Xhaka shiit.

But yeah, Wenger got him canned, when he spoke out off turn one too many times.