Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
:salute:

I know fans dont like AFTV, Rants, Expressionz, and some of the others but they actually help the clubs a lot. Fans in India and the Caribbean getting to talk football where they don't really have a recognized and consistent football media. Some of the opinions are shyt but that's life. Real fans in the modern game have been pushed out and these shows help bridge that gap.

Same fans have no issues slating players based on what the Mail, Mirror, or Sun print but turn their noses up at these boys.

Agreed. I think Rants knows football and he allows certain shyt that is beneath him but he has made it very clear he's all about the Ps. His channel can be balanced but he can be excessive.

Facts. I’d rather listen to fans talk about the game now than pundits because the level of analysis on TV has steadily declined over the years. I remember getting called a shyt fan by someone because I said why Willian was going to be a crap signing (because I watch more than just my team) and now those same people are pretending like they were on board with my opinion the whole time. Football fans are fickle and tribal :yeshrug:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
outside of the post-game rants that fans do when theyre mad as fukk...i dont find AFTV to be that reactionary/unrealistic/clueless :manny:

yea they might swear a lot and sound overly angry, but thats how any passionate sports fan is...be it the NBA, NFL, MLB whatever.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Football analysis moved away from actual analysis a long time ago. We’re in a generation of YouTube highlights, stat geeks that don’t actually watch games and clickbait opinions.

My main issue is that people go online and try to gatekeep on who’s a proper fan or not. A lot of people don’t actually care to have meaningful discussions about football because I’ve been called a shyt fan for criticizing Arsenal’s transfer business only to then be told I was right months later. If people actually spoke instead of just attacking each other then, fan bases wouldn’t be as retarded as they are.
Don't get me wrong 'top reds'(United's holier than thou, always back the club whatever and no criticism allowed) fans annoy me too. They're just as bad.

But you're right, like i touched on, it's only the extreme either way that gets listened too.

Why can't we all just be reasonable/not stupid.:mjcry:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
outside of the post-game rants that fans do when theyre mad as fukk...i dont find AFTV to be that reactionary/unrealistic/clueless :manny:

yea they might swear a lot and sound overly angry, but thats how any passionate sports fan is...be it the NBA, NFL, MLB whatever.
No you're actually right, i've watched a bit of AFTV in the past and it's not always people shouting extreme opinions. I guess my point is though, check how many views those sort of videos get compared to big/banter losses or huge wins where everything is amazing.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Don't think I've seen a bigger Jack Grealish fanboy outside of the Villa fanbase than Rants. :russ:
One thing about rants. Once he makes an opinion of player, nothing that player does will change his mind which is stupid. You can’t have a squad full of Messis or whatever top draw player you can think of. You need this type of player on the squad. What’s Ole supposed to say about Mctominay?
He's hot and cold with McTominay. He hated him initially cause he was Jose's boy, but he warmed up to him a few months back, but when you see the likes of Donny being benched everyweek for Scott who is decent squad player at best you'd be like :mindblown:

But he has the Man Utd DNA running through his veins. :troll:

I know fans dont like AFTV, Rants, Expressionz, and some of the others but they actually help the clubs a lot. Fans in India and the Caribbean getting to talk football where they don't really have a recognized and consistent football media. Some of the opinions are shyt but that's life. Real fans in the modern game have been pushed out and these shows help bridge that gap.

Same fans have no issues slating players based on what the Mail, Mirror, or Sun print but turn their noses up at these boys.

Agreed. I think Rants knows football and he allows certain shyt that is beneath him but he has made it very clear he's all about the Ps. His channel can be balanced but he can be excessive.

Reason why Rants left the United Stand was cause he wasn't making any money from the it, especially when more people started hating him and also add in to lockdown, you might as well focus on your own channel in these circumstances, same thing why Saeed, Adam, etc aren't on it no more.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No you're actually right, i've watched a bit of AFTV in the past and it's not always people shouting extreme opinions. I guess my point is though, check how many views those sort of videos get compared to big/banter losses or huge wins where everything is amazing.
yea i agree with you

its unfortunately human nature. the loudest voice gets heard the most, and then thought to be the average opinion of everyone else. it's unfortunate. it's like how with feminism youll have the rambunctious, "I hate men" "men are scum" types that give feminism a bad reputation and take away from the original message/goals

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
as far as Arsenal dudes, i enjoy listening to Turkish the most, cause he's actually funny and he's also sensible as well.
DT has a bad rep, but he's actually levelheaded and realistic when you put aside all the banter/swearing
Troopz...meh. My brother dikkrides him, he was funny at first but the schtick has grown tired.
James is sensible. Robbie seems sensible.
Cant speak too much about the others

I only recently discovered Saaed cause of Turkish's top 6 podcast. He just comes across as a troll

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

I like aftv and guys like moh and graham know their stuff

it’s not everyone’s cup of tea just like seeing a bunch of middle age white men on sky sports isn’t mine

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
as far as Arsenal dudes, i enjoy listening to Turkish the most, cause he's actually funny and he's also sensible as well.
DT has a bad rep, but he's actually levelheaded and realistic when you put aside all the banter/swearing
Troopz...meh. My brother dikkrides him, he was funny at first but the schtick has grown tired.

I only recently discovered Saaed cause of Turkish's top 6 podcast. He just comes across as a troll

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

I will say, this is great, genuinely, for those people. My only problem with foreign fans is that they pick up this sort of retarded football discourse because they see this stuff and think that's what it is.

You only have to look at something like the African civil war between Messi and Ronaldo fans on twitter to see evidence of it.

With all that said NBA twitter is worse.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Curtis Shaw isn’t bad as well.