Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you mean the schedule or what? An 82 game season without the cap and draft would be hell on earth, worse than me trying to read the road.

Not the cap, but scrap the conference/division nonsense, 1 table, 8 teams make the playoffs, chop the league to 26. Everyone plays each other twice, home and away.

Just a pipe dream, no way in hell will that ever happen. And would love to see major amateur Basketball as we know it completely scrapped, and just go to a straight up academy system(imagine how good the Bullets could be:wow:).

The amount of money that's being made in Amateur sports in this country is ruining the development of athletes in this country. How can a D-1 QB not know how to throw at an average level. How do you have PG's, and SG's that can't shoot.:thumbsdown:

Too many kids are not being properly developed at the youth level anymore, but are only coached to win at that level.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Too many kids are not being properly developed at the youth level anymore, but are only coached to win at that level.

I been telling the idiots on this forum this very thing the last few years. Its why the US are struggling in sports the rest of the world cares about now.

What gets me is the complete lack of back to the basket American big men in basketball anymore. Shoot, too many players cant play with their back to the basket now. Lebron only started doing it last year, and he is still awkward. :wow:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Not the cap, but scrap the conference/division nonsense, 1 table, 8 teams make the playoffs, chop the league to 26. Everyone plays each other twice, home and away.

Just a pipe dream, no way in hell will that ever happen. And would love to see major amateur Basketball as we know it completely scrapped, and just go to a straight up academy system(imagine how good the Bullets could be:wow:).

The amount of money that's being made in Amateur sports in this country is ruining the development of athletes in this country. How can a D-1 QB not know how to throw at an average level. How do you have PG's, and SG's that can't shoot.:thumbsdown:

All very good points, the conferences/divisions thing is pathetic. And if that means they scrap the all-star game, fine.

@mastermind:heh: Relegation/Promotion would be awful.

Last edited by a moderator:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All very good points, the conferences/divisions thing is pathetic. And if that means they scrap the all-star game, fine.

@mastermind:heh: Relegation/Promotion would be awful.

Relegation just won't work in America, especially when you have major College sports.

But under the right system it can work for Basketball. But something has to be done, because if you are playing for the Wizards(:snoop:), Kings, Cavs, Hawks, Hornets and so on, what are you really playing for, other than a check, and auditioning to get picked up by one of the glamour teams.

Oh well, whatever, it's the system we have.

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I thought that is what you were suggesting. If any sport relegation/promotion is probably needed, its the NBA imo.

The Wizards really should be one of THE teams in this league too but we have owners that think DC is Milwaukee :why:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I been telling the idiots on this forum this very thing the last few years. Its why the US are struggling in sports the rest of the world cares about now.

What gets me is the complete lack of back to the basket American big men in basketball anymore. Shoot, too many players cant play with their back to the basket now. Lebron only started doing it last year, and he is still awkward. :wow:

We spoke on this years ago. We get by on our population size creating physical freaks.

Given how dirty the high school and college sports systems are I'm surprised there hasn't been a greater push for the style Frush mentioned.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since we are not gonna change this system, some kind off standard has to be met to be a coach in this country.

I mean I remember watching my High School football team, and I don't remember once seeing our QB or the opposing QB throwing a pass longer than 20 yards more than once or twice in a game.:mindblown:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No coincidence that its a bunch of disgruntled Wizards fans that think the NBA is terrible :heh:

In reality NBA ratings are going back up and this is one of the most anticipated seasons in years. Playoffs were great last season as well. Brooklyn has a team. It's not a bad time for the league.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also :heh: at peddling the fallacy that the US is somehow behind the rest of the world when it comes to skilled basketball play. Are you serious? Did you not watch the Olympics?

Mastermind really trying to argue that Bron is a guy who gets by on physical ability ? :wtf: What are you watching ? This isn't the USMNT these arguments hardly fit.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Caught about 20 or so minutes of the Laker game.

Indeed, I did find myself with the creeping thought in my head of, the fukk is the point of all this? I.e. this league, Bynum's hair, Metta World Peace, those suit jackets. All of it. fukk all of it.

But tbf I was on a treadmill. If there is one piece of machinery in this world which can make you question the utter worthlessness of life and the impossible journey we lead in this cruel and godless universe it is the treadmill.

In fact, they should do psychological studies on people who are depressed/on the brink of suicide.

Is there a treadmill near, or around them? That's it. Case closed.

But, yeah NBA is a bit shyt.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Frush is from D.C. too so I assumed he's a Wiz fan. If he isn't :manny:

My point remains you guys are acting like the NBA is a league in crisis and on the downfall when everything actually suggests the exact opposite.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Do you notice most females are Lakers fan? I know about 10 who hardcore Lakers fan. They're on FB and Ingrastram getting hyped for tonight.