Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep yep. Arteta is on a ego trip which if we clear out players runs the risks of making him even more of a ego maniac. I don’t know the situation at Old Trafford but I can’t think of any managers who has so many blatant favorites.

Arteta showing early on he can’t manage big players. On or off the pitch.

Arsenal also has the most entitled players ever. Who will pull this same BS with every manager. Theyve looked like a bunch off individual players instead off a team since Wenger.

And now you have guys like Xhaka complaining about his role on the team. You gotta be joking, off all players

Montez

Superstar
Daps
The Arteta hire wasn’t the problem.

They could’ve hired him and said this is a 3-5 year project where we focus on rebuilding the club and surrounded him with an experienced back room staff and seasoned football execs.

Instead he came in and tried to build on everything, wins the FA Cup and Arsenal sack their head of football because he was (allegedly) pocketing transfer money and make Arteta head of everything like Wenger.

Fire Edu, hire a proper football man to run the show, clear out the players he wanted to keep so dearly, tell Arteta to focus on the team.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
People thought Arteta was Pep but his biggest influence seems to be Moyes. Imagine having Steve Round as an assistant, no wonder the tactics are just cross cross cross and hope for the best.

Why do Arsenal fans think someone like Allegri would manage them at this point?

Any top manager with half a brain wouldn’t go near them. Shocking squad and don’t have the finances to overhaul.

Arteta’s arsenal play the worst brand of football i’ve ever seen from the club in my lifetime. At least the likes of Ole and Frank can get their teams to play fluid attacking football at times.
All facts

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Turkish raised very good points.

Arteta is more of a Everton legend than a Arsenal one. Why did they go for him? :manny:

Turkish is an idiot. Anything he says, do the opposite. His choice for Arsenal manager is Diego Simeone. A manager making 5x what Arteta makes with absolute power in Madrid. His other choices are Allegri and Antonio Conte.

He was the most logical choice post Emery. Arsenal cocked it up. Arsenal's football under Emery was too far removed from what Arsenal were known for and they wanted to win the fans back. Midseason, you're not getting another big manager (Rodgers) and none of the former players connected to the Club have shown any managerial prowess.

Legend or not, he came with good reviews and the hope was he would bring new ideas into Arsenal. IIRC Everton went after him but he wanted the Arsenal job.

Last edited: