Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
honestly why would any top tier manager want this position? Benfica will prob finish off arsenal in the europa league and then it looks like no european football next year. Stuck with a bunch of overpaid players will the board be ok with selling some of these deadweight at a loss? Why would any player with clout want to come here when you can go elsewhere and play in the europa league/champions league?

Plus yeah I'm arteta out but wenger been gone for two years and arsenal has had 3 managers already (if arteta gets canned soon) so it ain't like you're going to get a lot of time to turn it over if you don't have the results.

No but that's not the only people who can help us. We're not in that position looking for a top coach. Id keep Arteta and look for a top notch Director of Football.

If you're someone who likes projects and knows football, it's an attractive job. London, $$$, and you can have a ton of power in a short time. You also have the least amount of pressure now. Plus, nearly half the squad is out of contract in the next 18 months. There's something to build here, the problem is the Kroenke's always get fleeced.

alright, who do you got

Man City > Monchengladbach
Bayern > Lazio
Atletico > Chelsea
Liverpool > Leipzig
Juventus
> Porto
Paris < Barcelona
Dortmund < Sevilla
Real Madrid
> Atalanta

So far out but I think Liverpool and City worry me the most. Liverpool have had to deal with so many injuries and City are up and down.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
You know what these idealistic philosophy types are like. Also Basque's are known for their stubbornness, it's a joke within the rest of Spain about it. He is who he is. :manny: Just like Rafa, who isn't know for his bedside manner either. I'm just adding context which is being over looked everywhere to the struggles at your club. Everyone pointing fingers in one direction or another in the blame game. But there are other reasons and also don't want to :deadhorse: about. Like what is done with Pogba and United as both things are boring and tedious at this point now.

Want him to succeed badly and was hoping he would help correct some of this shyt but Donny is just as bad as everyone.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
alright, who do you got

Man City > Monchengladbach
Bayern > Lazio
Atletico > Chelsea
Liverpool > Leipzig
Juventus > Porto
Paris < Barcelona
Dortmund < Sevilla
Real Madrid
> Atalanta

Man City - Monchengladbach (City will be boring, but will get the job done)
Bayern - Lazio (Good luck, Lazio)
Atletico - Chelsea (This ones probably the closest to call, but Chelsea should see off Atletico)
Liverpool - Leipzig (Liverpool look shaky af right now, but they should beat Leipzig...)
Juventus - Porto ( See Bayern/Lazio)
Paris - Barcelona (This aint the same Barca as 3/4/5 years ago. It's a dub)
Dortmund - Sevilla (Dortmund on their day can be a problem for anyone. I expect them to overpower Sevilla)
Real Madrid - Atalanta (See Liverpool/Leipzig)

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Mostly right except Barca beating PSG.

Neymar's season isn't done yet according to the latest scans. :tu:
As a Barca Fan, all i can do is have faith Fati will be back, and Dembele is be healthy and fully rested by then.:sadcam:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Liverpool - Leipzig (Liverpool look shaky af right now, but they should beat Leipzig...)

Good news is the first leg is in mid February

We should be back to fuller strength then..hopefully with some defensive reinforcements in the Jan transfer windows despite what the club is saying now