Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Hopefully Bale bring this energy to the training :mjgrin:

Considering Bale's injury history and they did something similar with Ledley King because of his knee. In King's case, he would do maintenance on his knee all week and the only contact football he would do was in a match. As they both generally performed it made sense to do so. But as a player, it would annoy me and would see it as favouritism, especially with someone as young as Bale was at the time. But end of the day, if it helps the player to perform at their maximum and it gets the 3 pts, that is all that matters. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Me and my nephew been running shyt in the Argentina super league with River Plate :mjlit:

Beat Boca 1-0 in the Libertadores final on a wonder goal in the 84th minute, shyt was glorious:banderas:

Got a left back Brazilian wonderkid, 18 and 19 year old striker wonderkids, sitting on 15 and 21 goals :mjlit:

Don't ask for my handle either, you mess with the bull you get the horns :mjlit:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Considering Bale's injury history and they did something similar with Ledley King because of his knee. In King's case, he would do maintenance on his knee all week and the only contact football he would do was in a match. As they both generally performed it made sense to do so. But as a player, it would annoy me and would see it as favouritism, especially with someone as young as Bale was at the time. But end of the day, if it helps the player to perform at their maximum and it gets the 3 pts, that is all that matters. :manny:
It's both poor man management and poor player attitude and it affects the whole team. If I recall correctly Bale had mostly muscle injuries at Tottenham which I would argue is more because of lack of proper training.

I watched a couple of clips last season of Manchester United players extra shooting sessions after Europa League games :hhh: they would've been better off going straight home and sleeping than lackadaisical work they were putting in. And that directly correlated to the way they played in matches. Greenwood was only one putting in work with both feet :wow:

Pretty much all the greats were maniacal when training. RVP's story about Bergkamp going 100% during training session and not making one mistake. Michael Jordan tormenting his teammates, Henry snapping on people, Ibrahimovic slapping people around. Only Brazilians seem like they were always at maximum fukkery :lolbron:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It's both poor man management and poor player attitude and it affects the whole team. If I recall correctly Bale had mostly muscle injuries at Tottenham which I would argue is more because of lack of proper training.

I watched a couple of clips last season of Manchester United players extra shooting sessions after Europa League games :hhh: they would've been better off going straight home and sleeping than lackadaisical work they were putting in. And that directly correlated to the way they played in matches. Greenwood was only one putting in work with both feet :wow:

Pretty much all the greats were maniacal when training. RVP's story about Bergkamp going 100% during training session and not making one mistake. Michael Jordan tormenting his teammates, Henry snapping on people, Ibrahimovic slapping people around. Only Brazilians seem like they were always at maximum fukkery :lolbron:

From Defoe's clip, he is talking about a fun kick around game, young vs old the day before a match. So while it is training, it's not like it is tactical positional/pattern training. Regarding Muscular injuries living a poor lifestyle can cause those just as much as a lack of or over training.

As for what type of trainer Bale actually is, who knows. You cannot be that good at freekicks and striking the ball without putting the work in and still maintain a high level of athleticism that he has. He's probably a more selfish trainer than a lazy one. It only becomes a problem for the rest of the team if the player doesn't perform consistently. Which probably is what has happened in Madrid