Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I've been getting back into football over the past couple of months. It's cool to watch games while I'm training, which I also got back into doing weightlifting and whatnot at home during the lockdown. Glad to see my Inter doing pretty well! We're back :bustback:

Man I want to complain about there not being like an Amazon Prime/Netflix for football. I had to cop two different subscriptions, one to watch Serie A so I can watch Inter, and then one to watch Champions League, Europa League, and international football. The good thing is that both of those packages come with a lot of extras - the Serie A one is through Kayo Sports here in Australia, which also includes Bundesliga, La Liga and Ligue 1 as well as a whole bunch of different sports, and the Champions League one also includes Premier League and (lol) Korean and Japanese football too. But still, I'm paying fukking $40 a month for all that. I would be so much happier paying say $30 a month for a single service that has everything I wanted. Imagine if you could actually pick and choose which specific leagues/sports you wanted to subscribe to, and work out a custom deal at a custom price with the provider. By rights I should be getting what I want for $20 or even $15 a month. I'm not trying to watch fukking Ligue 1 or Korean or Japanese football :scust:

The last thing I want to say is that neutral games just aren't hitting without a crowd being there. Unless I have a strong reason to support one team, I find them pretty boring because of how silent they are and the total lack of atmosphere

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I'm still playing FM 2016 :heh:

Is there VAR in 2020? :ohhh:

I'm still on FM 12! For two reasons:

1) imo it was the last 'great' game of the series, which still has things like sliders for tactics that you can adjust one-by-one and really micromanage. And although it has a lot of pointless crap that wastes time (press conferences etc.) there's less of it than in the recent titles.

2) I've got a long term save going, reached all the way to 2024 having started in 2011. The goal of the save is to win the World Cup with a team from each continent, as well as in the meantime creating an unstoppable powerhouse in European club football. The second part is done, I've won 10 Champions Leagues in a row :mjlol: but the first mission is seriously difficult. In three attempts I've only won one World Cup, with Ghana in 2018 :wow: I'm not ready to move on from this save until I win the World Cup with five teams from five continents. Now it's taken me like 3 irl years to play through 13 years in-game, so theoretically the best I can do is about 4-5 irl years from now if I win four consecutive World Cups (unlikely). So it'll probably be past 2030 IRL by the time I'm done with this save :russ:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I've been getting back into football over the past couple of months. It's cool to watch games while I'm training, which I also got back into doing weightlifting and whatnot at home during the lockdown. Glad to see my Inter doing pretty well! We're back :bustback:

Man I want to complain about there not being like an Amazon Prime/Netflix for football. I had to cop two different subscriptions, one to watch Serie A so I can watch Inter, and then one to watch Champions League, Europa League, and international football. The good thing is that both of those packages come with a lot of extras - the Serie A one is through Kayo Sports here in Australia, which also includes Bundesliga, La Liga and Ligue 1 as well as a whole bunch of different sports, and the Champions League one also includes Premier League and (lol) Korean and Japanese football too. But still, I'm paying fukking $40 a month for all that. I would be so much happier paying say $30 a month for a single service that has everything I wanted. Imagine if you could actually pick and choose which specific leagues/sports you wanted to subscribe to, and work out a custom deal at a custom price with the provider. By rights I should be getting what I want for $20 or even $15 a month. I'm not trying to watch fukking Ligue 1 or Korean or Japanese football :scust:

The last thing I want to say is that neutral games just aren't hitting without a crowd being there. Unless I have a strong reason to support one team, I find them pretty boring because of how silent they are and the total lack of atmosphere

IPTV breh