Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It’s not hate. The 04 champions league season was janky. Having Monaco and Porto in the finals was an anomaly. He should’ve gotten to one CL final with Chelsea and he didn’t. He couldn’t get past Bayern with Real.

It’s not hate, just stating facts.
Who's man is this? :mjtf:

Porto and Monaco in the final an anomaly? :mjtf:

Were you in kindergarten during 2003-2004? :mjtf:
Porto beat Manchester United, Lyon, and Deportivo......Monaco beat Lokomotiv Moscow, Real Madrid, and Chelsea :mjtf:

And don't go running to Wiki and coming back to me about Monaco winning on aWay GoaLs :damn:

Brushing Mourinho's accomplishments at Porto and Inter to the side as if it's not some of the best European football coaching is blasphemous

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Who's man is this? :mjtf:

Porto and Monaco in the final an anomaly? :mjtf:

Were you in kindergarten during 2003-2004? :mjtf:
Porto beat Manchester United, Lyon, and Deportivo......Monaco beat Lokomotiv Moscow, Real Madrid, and Chelsea :mjtf:

And don't go running to Wiki and coming back to me about Monaco winning on aWay GoaLs :damn:

Brushing Mourinho's accomplishments at Porto and Inter to the side as if it's not some of the best European football coaching is blasphemous
Nah Breh. I remember those games clearly. They were lucky to get past Man Utd. I remember how pissed my boy was because he’s a huge Man Utd fan. That Tim Howard mistake gave the game away. Don’t need to read wiki.

I’m not shytting on Monaco, they deserved to be there but no one expected those two teams in the final.

Mourinho only got to ONE other CL final in 16 years. He’s a check book manager. Look at how he’s struggled post Real Madrid. He’s good for a few seasons and then capitulates. Just facts.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I’m looking at the whole picture. Ferguson lost two finals to a peak Barca team but dominated domestically.

Ive always called Mourinho overrated l. Struggled in La Liga (Except for one season). Got lucky with Porto. He did well winning the treble with Inter but other than that? He’s a good manager but not as great as he thinks he is.

Pep managed a peak Bayern and Barca. Has an unlimited check book with City... two finals is completely unacceptable when you look at the whole picture. No excuse at all. Zidane won three CLs in a row and 2 La Ligas in under 5 years. :yeshrug:

damn you're a tough critic :pachaha:

The check book argument is crazy to me considering all the other elite managers have unlimited funds too, so in that respect its an even playing field as far as I'm concerned.

And Zidane winning to three in a row is unprecedented. If we were to judge all managers on that, they'd all be considered frauds.

Honestly, I'll add more credence to this:

being the reason Pep hasn't been a finalist recently, than him being a check book manager "fraud":heh:

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Considering our current financial crisis, I'd take Chris Smalling at Arsenal :yeshrug:

Also I don't mind the Willian transfer I've always thought he's a good player. A 3 year contract at his age isn't ideal but we clearly aren't in a position to be choosers :ld:

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as I don't like Mourinho, you can't take away his achievement with Porto. That was major..

Fergie spent a load of money and only 2 European Cups in 30 years says more..yet he's a God to some of you. He couldn't get anywhere when there was the 'foreigner rule' and he had to rotate Giggs and Cantona..

concise

Veteran
Daps

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Looking back Pep underachieved at Barca. Dude had Messi and the Spanish dynasty at the peak of their powers and only won 2

This dude gets praised for winning the league with City. Pellegrini did that and with significantly less funds :camby:

What a fukking fraud

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

After the Monaco debacle, Henry needs to earn his stripes. He goes to Barca and it is another epic failure, he is done coaching in Europe for a long while.:francis:

I agree but nobody is earning stripes anymore, he should take it but if he fails
full

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I don’t put any stock into this CL with everything that happened during the course of the year. Bundesliga finished their season weeks before everybody else, and Ligue 1 never resumed play after March. These dudes had fresh legs and had more time to be better prepared than the competition.

I know somebody is going to say this is sour grapes, but it’s the truth :yeshrug:
I mean, in theory it makes since, but context wise, Lyon beat and actually outplayed Juve back in the first leg better than they competed against them post lockout. They are also City's boogey team.
Do you seriously see Atalanta beating PSG in a regular tie? Mind you, PSG still beat them with alot of key players missing. And Bayern already dominated Chelsea prelockdown.

Leipzig are the only team left where you can question if rest actually affects their results or not.