Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Was it a back 3? He was subbed off when I started streaming.
Screenshot-20200815-173719.jpg

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Two CL finals in 13 years as a manager? Come on son. That’s a disgrace. Literally got the tactics wrong from the start. The line up was a joke, Sterling’s miss was unforgivable. Jesus is not a top level striker like I said before. :francis:

This criteria for judgement seems somewhat arbitrary:

Ferguson reached 4 finals in 25 years.
Sacci reached 2 in 30
Mourinho has reached 2 in 16
etc

I wouldn't call them disgraces.

This dude stay twerking for Pep:mjlol:

Whilst he does raise a good point, Man City/Pep lost this game 100%. Can't pin this on VAR.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
This criteria for judgement seems somewhat arbitrary:

Ferguson reached 4 finals in 25 years.
Sacci reached 2 in 30
Mourinho has reached 2 in 16
etc

I wouldn't call them disgraces.
I’m looking at the whole picture. Ferguson lost two finals to a peak Barca team but dominated domestically.

Ive always called Mourinho overrated l. Struggled in La Liga (Except for one season). Got lucky with Porto. He did well winning the treble with Inter but other than that? He’s a good manager but not as great as he thinks he is.

Pep managed a peak Bayern and Barca. Has an unlimited check book with City... two finals is completely unacceptable when you look at the whole picture. No excuse at all. Zidane won three CLs in a row and 2 La Ligas in under 5 years. :yeshrug:

F K

All Star
Daps
I'm still in shock. bald fraud had a full strength team and came out with this result. :heh: this can't be real.

Props to Lyon though.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Zidane won three CLs in a row and 2 La Ligas in under 5 years. :yeshrug:

Would you call Zidane a failure if he doesn't lift the UCL again for the rest of his career? :patrice:
One UCL win is enough imo to be regarded amongst legendary managers. Yes, the nikka who won it with Chelsea included...there are lots of managers who haven't won it

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Would you call Zidane a failure if he doesn't lift the UCL again for the rest of his career? :patrice:
One UCL win is enough imo to be regarded amongst legendary managers. Yes, the nikka who won it with Chelsea included...there are lots of managers who haven't won it
Zidane’s legacy is already sealed IMO. Mourinho couldn’t take that Real Madrid team to one CL final. Ancelotti did but with a huge element of luck in the final.

Zidane got them three in a row which probably won’t happen again. Left, came back and won them the league again.

Winning one UCL doesn’t make a manger legendary. Two puts you up there. But three? In a row as well? That’s top level elite.