Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I’m looking at the whole picture. Ferguson lost two finals to a peak Barca team but dominated domestically.

Ive always called Mourinho overrated l. Struggled in La Liga (Except for one season). Got lucky with Porto. He did well winning the treble with Inter but other than that? He’s a good manager but not as great as he thinks he is.

Pep managed a peak Bayern and Barca. Has an unlimited check book with City... two finals is completely unacceptable when you look at the whole picture. No excuse at all. Zidane won three CLs in a row and 2 La Ligas in under 5 years. :yeshrug:
:mjtf:

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, they had that big name, but not the big ears hardware. They won 3 UEFA/Fairs and 4 CWC's cups but never CL until 92. Lost to Bucharest at the Nou Camp on pens in 86. IIRC they were the first team to win the inaugural Fairs Cup.

You have the Pre Cruyff, Cruyff and the Post Cruyff eras. And the latter 2 shape modern Barca.

Barca and Real have always been rivals, that goes beyond football, it's basically Liverpool/Manchester canal beef, but with General Franco instead. Remember Spanish teams are CF but yet Barca is the English version, but in Franco era it was CF.

Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium - Wikipedia

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
I’m looking at the whole picture. Ferguson lost two finals to a peak Barca team but dominated domestically.

Ive always called Mourinho overrated l. Struggled in La Liga (Except for one season). Got lucky with Porto. He did well winning the treble with Inter but other than that? He’s a good manager but not as great as he thinks he is.

Pep managed a peak Bayern and Barca. Has an unlimited check book with City... two finals is completely unacceptable when you look at the whole picture. No excuse at all. Zidane won three CLs in a row and 2 La Ligas in under 5 years. :yeshrug:
Inter and Porto were never the same after Jose left them both. :patrice:

Well, Porto won the Europa in 2011 with Andre Villas Boas

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
It’s not hate. The 04 champions league season was janky. Having Monaco and Porto in the finals was an anomaly. He should’ve gotten to one CL final with Chelsea and he didn’t. He couldn’t get past Bayern with Real.

It’s not hate, just stating facts.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Who do you rate as legendary European coaches? Lemme see something :jbhmm:
Let me come back to this question, but I’d definitely put Del Bosque and Ancelotti up there. Ferguson too of course.

Inter and Porto were never the same after Jose left them both. :patrice:

Well, Porto won the Europa in 2011 with Andre Villas Boas
Porto sold a lot of their top players following their CL win. Inter was an ageing team.