Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Not playing consistently puts you at a disadvantage to those who play consistently. this has been proven many times. city completely dominated lyon, but lyon were more clinical

There’s a difference between playing consistently to stay sharp and piling games on top of games like La Liga and the Premier League were doing. Those teams came into the CL at a huge disadvantage. There’s no way their legs weren’t run down in comparison.

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
:dead: at the Liverpool supporters piling on City.

tenor.gif

They deserve all the criticism, Pep was a complete coward in his team selection.

Trying to out-tactic Lyon? Pep is on that smart dumb shyt. Who the hell are they compared to all the money City have spent on quality players.

Go to City to waste your careers brehs

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Serie A :mjpls:

Heard the Portuguese league is :mjpls: as well

Its why Serie A is gonna get bounced besides Juve EVERY season. Period.

Black players are the future. In all aspects of the game too. You used to say "Ok, black attackers sure" but look at how France handled Croatia and their golden midfield with Modric/Rakitic. Look at how Mane, Mbappe, Davies, Gnabry, Alexander-Arnold, VVD and others all show up big in big games. And Raheem's sitter today aside, I think he's a World Class player...

Black players already run France and and England. Spain and Germany are next.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I don’t put any stock into this CL with everything that happened during the course of the year. Bundesliga finished their season weeks before everybody else, and Ligue 1 never resumed play after March. These dudes had fresh legs and had more time to be better prepared than the competition.

I know somebody is going to say this is sour grapes, but it’s the truth :yeshrug:

meh, I thought this could have been PSG's year before the shutdown ... still think it might be.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
I don’t put any stock into this CL with everything that happened during the course of the year. Bundesliga finished their season weeks before everybody else, and Ligue 1 never resumed play after March. These dudes had fresh legs and had more time to be better prepared than the competition.

I know somebody is going to say this is sour grapes, but it’s the truth :yeshrug:

I feel u the argument can go both ways, rest is great but u lose rhythm...but too much playing the players are wasted.

Most folks were saying PSG were at a dissadvantage for such a long break, and see what happened. Every year liverpool go on their 2 week holiday they come back and play like trash:francis:

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
There’s a difference between playing consistently to stay sharp and piling games on top of games like La Liga and the Premier League were doing. Those teams came into the CL at a huge disadvantage. There’s no way their legs weren’t run down in comparison.
city did not look tired today and barca have looked tired all season because they're an old squad. atl madrid have always played stale. also nobody told France to just end the french season.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
in what way?

Bosman rule got brought up with Anelka and PSG.
With Bosman, when a player's contract runs out (and they can free transfer) they can go to any club in Europe, provided that they get their wages paid.

In France, the rule pre-Bosman was that an academy player HAD to sign with their parent club for their first pro contract no matter what. With Bosman, they could say fukk it and go elsewhere. Anelka went to Arsenal.
It created a precedent where French talent was CONSTANTLY getting shipped out abroad because besides Marseilles (and sometimes Lyon) at the time, no other teams we dolling out cash like that.

Clubs like Lille, St. Etienne and Monaco STILL operate like that.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
There is some merit to that but I'm sorry there's no way thats why Lyon beat City tonight.