Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sport as a whole has become too drilled and has become more about being spoon fed what the science and data tells you. Than the harnessing, development of the talent and what you see with your own eyes.

i completely agree with this. sometimes its hard to talk about sports (football basketball etc) because they wanna talk about the data or stats etc rather than the things my eyes capture which i cant put into numbers sometimes. and @Montez is right we've lost greate defenders and NO 10's etc im not sure of the reason but we simply dont have it.

now when it comes to pep teams i think they are wonderful to watch given the right team they play against. but most want to park the bus so then at that point they are too drilled and it has to become work to watch sometimes and thats comin from a city fan but maybe im a bit bias.

we just need these other clubs to stop making awful decisions to compete more.

i woudl ask tho how do we fix the PL to be more competative outside of no league cup and less international games. because i htink 8-16 is competitive and 3-8 is competitive but there is a huge gap currently at the top. i also want the same energy kept for liverpool that was there the last to season with city from the media about how they dominate is bad for the sport.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Salah put Minamino on man
z9pFCjX.png

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
i woudl ask tho how do we fix the PL to be more competative outside of no league cup and less international games. because i htink 8-16 is competitive and 3-8 is competitive but there is a huge gap currently at the top. i also want the same energy kept for liverpool that was there the last to season with city from the media about how they dominate is bad for the sport
My thing is not the competitiveness of the league, it’s the quality. shyt is super dull now, and that’s not just the premier league. Like you and @Montez said, the lack of variance in styles clubs is making all sports less appealing.