Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
What do you mean re: Brexit?

:mjpls:

Ever since it happened, more and more :mjpls: behaviour.

Also the uncertainty of everything, because Brexit. Players, transfers, visas, taxes. It's is very surprising that no one has done much business this winter window, considering how flawed everyone is not from red half of Liverpool.

Last edited:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
One more thing I would add, they're buying players at such young ages, footballers are essentially factory created products now. They're not playing football outside of their clubs. They're drilled far too early. It's easier to buy players like DeBruyne and Salah over building a team around a Fabregas or Ozil.

We've lost great defenders and no. 10s. Old fashion forwards (Vieri, Shearer) are kinda extinct too.

Part of the reason I don't like Pep's teams. They look too drilled.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The premier league is absolute trash this season
Bigger difference between 1st place and 4th place than between 4th place and last place, and thats with liverpool having 2 games less played :upsetfavre:. Salute to liverpool maybe one of the best PL sides ever but a lot of the other top teams have been severely underperforming

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

I joke on Cheech all the time for being overrated, but he scored goals in real matches for Madrid and Man U. He's got nothing to be ashamed about.

His movement was exceptional, always a super sub at the top level tho. Definitely a casualty of how the game has evolved over the last 5-6 years.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
One more thing I would add, they're buying players at such young ages, footballers are essentially factory created products now. They're not playing football outside of their clubs. They're drilled far too early. It's easier to buy players like DeBruyne and Salah over building a team around a Fabregas or Ozil.

We've lost great defenders and no. 10s. Old fashion forwards (Vieri, Shearer) are kinda extinct too.

Part of the reason I don't like Pep's teams. They look too drilled.

Sport as a whole has become too drilled and has become more about being spoon fed what the science and data tells you. Than the harnessing, development of the talent and what you see with your own eyes.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Forgot to triple captain either Mane or Salah on this double week :francis:

Now I'm praying they both blank. At least it'll mitigate any possible advantages other people in my pool might get.