Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I would say Tierney is the better attacker than Robertson, crossing, I give the edge to Robertson tho. And defending Robertson is better, but Tierney has played as a CB, especially in a 3 man defence. But Robertson got them born at high altitude lungs.

The fact that he’s comparable to Robertson is a good sign. The level of physicality isn’t that different between the EPL and the Scottish league so hopefully, he can adjust.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
"There is not a real good and fair competition between England and the other countries"- Napoli president on transfer costs

EPL got too much drip?

I was just about to say. EPL got too much financial firepower. A mid table team like Everton can outspend most teams in other leagues apart from the very elite dominant teams

Seria A can't compete if you're not named Juve. This is not 2000.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Ceballos got that job. especially away from home.

I hope Iwobi can get a chance to play that role at Everton.

Honestly I'm happy Iwobi moves out to Everton. Hopefully he'll get more game time and will develop into the No. 10 position we badly need for the Nigerian national team.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I thought breh had a transfer lined up.

He is German and the German boys not named Ozil do tend to have a hard on for Bayern. Plus i thought him and Pep aint on the best terms.

They never actually made a bid. Everything that came out was just Bayern and their journalist trying to persuade the kid.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
The Premier League being this rich is terrible for football. Essentially made the rest of Europe 1 or 2 team leagues.
  • Quality of football has dropped noticeably in the last 10 years as teams/countries aim to keep up (Death of the attacking midfielder and no.9)
  • Players aren’t developed anymore, we have a bunch of training ground created machines
  • Artificial Transfer Fees
  • Clubs spending on Credit (Barcelona)
Gonna speed up the Super League.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Premier league will continue to be the most watched league because of all the great players and how ambitious many of the teams are. The other top leagues haven't done as great of a job marketing as the premier league, and they are so poor at distributing the TV money and sponsorships that the same teams dominate year after year and it's boring.

Instead of blaming the premier league, they should step their game up and distribute money so other teams can compete. Nobody wants to watch Bayern win 9 years in a row.