Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Gomes reminds me of Seedorf, Clarence not Chedric.

Can pass and has :wow: ball control.
well if that's the case, Ole might as well start him.

what's the worst that can happen? have you seen that midfield? Pogba needs another cm who is just press resistant or isn't trying kick the ball out of play when pressured.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Premier League being this rich is terrible for football. Essentially made the rest of Europe 1 or 2 team leagues.
  • Quality of football has dropped noticeably in the last 10 years as teams/countries aim to keep up (Death of the attacking midfielder and no.9)
  • Players aren’t developed anymore, we have a bunch of training ground created machines
  • Artificial Transfer Fees
  • Clubs spending on Credit (Barcelona)
Gonna speed up the Super League.

euro clubs dominance has done that to the game of football, not the pl

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
  1. The Premier League being this rich is terrible for football. Essentially made the rest of Europe 1 or 2 team leagues.
  2. Quality of football has dropped noticeably in the last 10 years as teams/countries aim to keep up (Death of the attacking midfielder and no.9)
  3. Players aren’t developed anymore, we have a bunch of training ground created machines
  4. Artificial Transfer Fees
  5. Clubs spending on Credit (Barcelona)

1. Nah, the Prem is a better product than other leagues and the revenue sharing gives more parity amongst the teams. Also being an English speaking product helps.
2. I haven't been watching ball that long so I can't speak to this @Kunty McPhuck
3. Not sure about this one, I think the game has evolved and there's more emphasis on running certain sequences with greater definition that just feeling the game out e.g. high press
4. Yea, this is a problem. It'll crash soon though
5. I mean this is a lot of businesses. Spend on credit with the hope to recoup that money later.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Didn't hate Iwobi but for $40 Milly good bye.
With Nelson, Martnelli, and Saka that's money well recouped. They'll be the cup players and can do what he was gonna do anyway.

Wish he had a third striker but Pepe will fill that role when necessary. Would have rather seen Eddie stay or get loaned abroad.

Ozil wasn't going anywhere and has looked rejuvenated

Mustafi will play some RB.

Who's the odd man out in the middle. Xhaka, Tereria, Mateo, Willock, Ceballos.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The Premier League being this rich is terrible for football. Essentially made the rest of Europe 1 or 2 team leagues.
  • Quality of football has dropped noticeably in the last 10 years as teams/countries aim to keep up (Death of the attacking midfielder and no.9)
  • Players aren’t developed anymore, we have a bunch of training ground created machines
  • Artificial Transfer Fees
  • Clubs spending on Credit (Barcelona)

Europe has generally been a 1-2 team, some countries 3 team leagues since like forever.

Did people have issue when Lyon were running 7 titles on the trot at their peak? Now it's just PSG.

Germany always been Bayern and then everyone else.

Spain always been Real and Barca, we have to be thankful to Atletico for making it a 3 in recent times. But Valencia fell away, over spending and getting into debt trying to stay with Real and Barca. Barca and Real doing their own TV deals to phuck everyone else over has nothing to do with the PL.

Italy always been Juve, Inter and Milan.

Portugal always been Benfica, Sporting and Porto

Holland always been Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord

Belgium was Anderlecht and Standard Liege.

Sporting and Feyenoord cases they are a clear third team, who will win the league from time to time, maybe once every 5-6 years. Every now and again a team will have a little run for a couple of years like AZ or Wolfsburg did and then fall back to obscurity.

Football needs a rich league, otherwise transfers aren't getting done elsewhere in Europe, the money that club A pays to club B filters thru to clubs C, D and E.

The rest I can agree with.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Didn't hate Iwobi but for $40 Milly good bye.
With Nelson, Martnelli, and Saka that's money well recouped. They'll be the cup players and can do what he was gonna do anyway.

Wish he had a third striker but Pepe will fill that role when necessary. Would have rather seen Eddie stay or get loaned abroad.

Ozil wasn't going anywhere and has looked rejuvenated

Mustafi will play some RB.

Who's the odd man out in the middle. Xhaka, Tereria, Mateo, Willock, Ceballos.

Great to have options, will def be due to who we playing, no way will have Lucas and Dani, they will get steam rolled.

One of Xhaka\Lucas will always play

Also Unai prefers a number 8 to a number 10, so possibly Dani will be taking Ozil role in many games.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
67803228_2852258541455593_8769147505494458368_o.jpg