Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
City
Pool
Spurs
Arsenal
United
Chelsea
Everton
Wolverhampton
Leicester
West Ham
Southampton
Bournemouth
Watford
Crystal Palace
Aston Villa
Newcastle
Brighton
-----------
Burnley
Norwich
Sheffield Utd

This is roughly how I have it. Give or take a few spots, I think Palace may finish a spot or two lower. Everton might actually take a Europa spot from United or Chelsea. I'm not impressed by United at all and Chelsea won't hit their stride until mid-season imo. The Europa spots are going to be REALLY contested for this season. United, Everton, Wolves, Chelsea, and Leicester all could challenge for it.

If Arsenal can run the score up I also think they have 4th locked up.

• Dap
Reactions: JDH

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
It really baffles me how we've spend close to 150 MM quid but our transfers seem lack luster. Like McGuire is cool but we paid more for him than VVD and he's definitely no VVD. United should find a way to buy players through other clubs.

E.g. Valencia CF buys McGuire for 40 MM, we then buy him off Valencia for 55 MM. Valencia makes a 15 MM profit and we pay 30 MM less than if we tried to bid for him out right. Just a thought.

But I guess that's why some clubs are tacking on sell on fees. To mitigate against that type of arrangement.

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gross spending this summer
'
1: Real Madrid
2: Atl Madrid
3: Barcelona
4: Juventus
5: Aston Villa

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Finally, the day is here. Return of the SIX-time European champions.

Season Predictions

Top 6

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal
Chelsea
Wolves

Top Scorer: Salah
POTY: Bernardo Silva
Best Off-season Signing: Pep

Relegated:

Burnley
Brighton
Norwich

I'm off to the Jersey Shore today so hopefully I can find a bar to watch the match today.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
I thought Tierney would have ended up at City at a reduced price.
with Mendy being injured so much and the clubs doing business with each other regularly over the past few years.

if his body doesn't break down (he's played too many games over the past few seasons and put the team ahead of his body) Arsenal have a potentially world class player on their hands. his ceiling blows Andy Robertsons out the water.

the only really flaw he has for me is that in games when getting pressed, instead of taking the ball on to his right and passing with his right he'd just make the easy pass back with his left. I'm sure that will get coached out of him quick compared to the leeway he'd get at Celtic due to him being the golden boy.

him and Bellerin as your right and left back will be a joy in full flow the CB's theyre playing with though

:hhh:

most Celtic fans thought he'd be a one club guy but there's just too much money out there to stay at one club for the rest of your career.
he does look weird in that Arsenal kit though.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
wolves kinda scares me this season.
would not be surprised if they fukk around and end up above man u and arsenal at the end of the season.

no one who has the ambitions to make it into the top 4 can have a slow start.
this is gonna be a very interesting season.
i'm just worried about the length of time it will take until this arsenal team gels.
hope they hit the ground running. newcastle away will not be easy

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
wolves kinda scares me this season.
would not be surprised if they fukk around and end up above man u and arsenal at the end of the season.

no one who has the ambitions to make it into the top 4 can have a slow start.
this is gonna be a very interesting season.
i'm just worried about the length of time it will take until this arsenal team gels.
hope they hit the ground running. newcastle away will not be easy
Have to wait & see about that, if they can cope with balancing the Europa along with everything else