Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Argentina the land of extinct footballers. They're still giving us players and positions best used in the 90s.

Dybala is probably the best Argentine player to come thru in the post 2008 Olympic team. And people with the same viewpoint as yourself, have questions about him and rightly so. They (post 2008) just don't have any players who you will only watch a game to see them.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Angry South Korean football fans are seeking compensation after Cristiano Ronaldo failed to take to the pitch during a Juventus pre-season friendly.

The superstar was contracted to play 45 minutes when the match against K League All Stars was announced, organisers say, but he stayed on the subs' bench.

Fans became angry when he made no sign of lacing up his boots, even chanting the name of his rival Lionel Messi.

Some have now reached out to Seoul law firm Myungan to file a lawsuit.

They are seeking compensation of 70,000 won (£48.50; $59) per ticket, 1,000 won for the ticket commission fee, and 1m won each for compensation for "mental anguish".

"Normally in such cases the plaintiffs will be refunded the price of the tickets, but I put this under a special case since the company, through false advertising, took advantage of the football star's fans," a lawyer from the firm told Reuters.

"As for the mental anguish part, I'd like to say some of them are raucous fans, the real avid fans. So for them it is very painful because they love Ronaldo and want to protect him, but they can't, given the situation," he added.
Angry South Korean football fans are seeking compensation after Cristiano Ronaldo failed to take to the pitch during a Juventus pre-season friendly.

The superstar was contracted to play 45 minutes when the match against K League All Stars was announced, organisers say, but he stayed on the subs' bench.

Fans became angry when he made no sign of lacing up his boots, even chanting the name of his rival Lionel Messi.

Some have now reached out to Seoul law firm Myungan to file a lawsuit.

They are seeking compensation of 70,000 won (£48.50; $59) per ticket, 1,000 won for the ticket commission fee, and 1m won each for compensation for "mental anguish".

"Normally in such cases the plaintiffs will be refunded the price of the tickets, but I put this under a special case since the company, through false advertising, took advantage of the football star's fans," a lawyer from the firm told Reuters.

"As for the mental anguish part, I'd like to say some of them are raucous fans, the real avid fans. So for them it is very painful because they love Ronaldo and want to protect him, but they can't, given the situation," he added.

D@nté

Banned
Daps
Reppin
West Kingston Rockfort West Bank
You can make your :trash: points without insults breh. We desperately needed a winger and got one of the best in Europe for around 20mil this year. Even if our budget is 45mil that still leaves us in good shape to land Thierny and a young experienced CB. We can rebuild while remaining competitive. The good clubs do that.
Don't feel hurt we're doing the same shyt United did but with less money watch Pepe signing leave us barren next year but get hyped we'll only conceding 51 goals this season. Rebuild while remaining competitive show me the team in England that's ever done that not even Chelsea.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
A coach whose best placed finished is 9th. :beli:
At least in the pre season games, we seem to play with a clear intent. I'm optimistic.....but I'm optimistic before the start of every season :mjcry:

Fantastic player but too lazy sometimes and can only really play 3 positions.

3 positions?, you sure breh? :usure:
Only way I see him fitting in Utds team is if they play him as a 10/SS, with no real defensive work...but that will involve Pogba playing more defensively, and idk about that

naijaboi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NaijaToLAViaATL
Don't feel hurt we're doing the same shyt United did but with less money watch Pepe signing leave us barren next year but get hyped we'll only conceding 51 goals this season. Rebuild while remaining competitive show me the team in England that's ever done that not even Chelsea.

Post your ideal plan for Arsenal then instead of complaining. :gucci:

Mind sharing how Pepe on a reported 140k a week will leave us barren?

D@nté

Banned
Daps
Reppin
West Kingston Rockfort West Bank
Post your ideal plan for Arsenal then instead of complaining. :gucci:

Mind sharing how Pepe on a reported 140k a week will leave us barren?
This is the same logic that got Xhaka Mustafi and Elneny all pay raises and why özil is on 350k . You want to know a good transfer plan go find good defender they are hard to find even pep built his team from the back up. I know when Pepe dosent hit the ground running you'll come here crying picking emery was the dumbest managerial move in history.