Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I can't stand the over reliance on VAR by refs, along with the micro-reffing that is taking place through VAR. That's really my issue with it.

During the Uruguay game (I think) a player was offside by a mile and the ref still had to pause the game momentarily to listen to his headset and confirm the offside. Meanwhile the linesman never bothered to put up his flag, clearly thinking, "oh well if I don't make the call VAR will back me up" ... its the same shyt going on in baseball. Umpires half-ass a call knowing VAR will save them.

And that call against the Nigeria keeper the other day was criminal. I understand the rule of making sure the keeper stays on his line, but lets keep it 100, for decades keepers have always come off the line during penalties, the same way players run into the box before the penalty is taken. This is opening up pandoras box. Wait until it happens in a big match and people start yelling corruption.

Scurry was off the line before the ball was kicked. :skip:

That's my humble opinion, don't @ me with nonsense :birdman:

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
They need to figure out what VAR absolutely is needed for. I would use it for dangerous fouls the ref didn't see (elbow to head, cheap shots, etc.) and if a PK is a PK or is it a dive (but not if there was a handball in the area). I don't need a center ref looking at all the ticky tacky things. Also they're wasting too much time and they're definitely not making that time up in extra time.

Hell, watch any bad team beat a good team in a good league, they're so much time wasting and the ref never gives the full amount. The ref will give 5 - 6 minutes max rather than the 8-10 minutes that the bad team has wasted.

I can't wait for a Drogba style outburst at the end of a EPL game because of VAR fukkery:
B4OT6JF.gif

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
They need to figure out what VAR absolutely is needed for. I would use it for dangerous fouls the ref didn't see (elbow to head, cheap shots, etc.) and if a PK is a PK or is it a dive (but not if there was a handball in the area). I don't need a center ref looking at all the ticky tacky things. Also they're wasting too much time and they're definitely not making that time up in extra time.

Hell, watch any bad team beat a good team in a good league, they're so much time wasting and the ref never gives the full amount. The ref will give 5 - 6 minutes max rather than the 8-10 minutes that the bad team has wasted.

I can't wait for a Drogba style outburst at the end of a EPL game because of VAR fukkery:
B4OT6JF.gif

No idea how they can keep their cool as it is. If I was lee Alexander I’d be in the VAR room with a steel chair.

tumblr_p13mt7Bb5f1u1urgoo1_400.gif

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
okay?
it's still been correct 90% of the time
Breh I'm all for it in theory but the implementation is :scusthov: and that penalty bullshyt was fukking criminal :scust: if that happens at the men's WC I can only imagine the scenes :picard:

And frankly 90% isn't good enough, the whole point of it is to be 100%

That sounds like a happy medium to me :ehh:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Luis Enrique quitting Spain.

:dead:

There has to be some phuckery going on at the FA, for Lopetegui to did what he did and now Enrique quitting.

I thought he was going through some personal stuff???

This guy wants to from from Man Utd to Juventus, back to United and now back to Juventus :dead:

Pogba my boy but aside from money what was the point in moving to Utd? Juve was coming off the UCL finals and United was stuck playing football on Thursday nights.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I’m in Toronto right now. My ESPN+ account isn’t working and I can’t find the channel these Canadian pricks put the Copa America on.

I just wanted to watch the game and crash. Instead I’m sitting here watching some French talk show :thiagofacepalm: