Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
how is it corny when it's correcting errors?

var is one of the best things to happen to soccer. the sport is finally modernizing

In theory, VAR is great. But this summer refs have been relying on it too much instead of just making calls on the pitch without assistance. For instance, you shouldn't need VAR to determine whether a goalkeeper is off their line. The frequent delays in play are infuriating.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
In theory, VAR is great. But this summer refs have been relying on it too much instead of just making calls on the pitch without assistance. For instance, you shouldn't need VAR to determine whether a goalkeeper is off their line. The frequent delays in play are infuriating.
but they still make it up by adding extra time now, I've seen extra time go to 9+ minutes so far this summer.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Besides the execution of the reviews. VAR has improved the standard of refereeing at international level IMO. They let the game flow more now, instead of stopping every moment an Iberian falls on the floor when someone farts in their general direction.

It's a phucker tho when you've gone thru the celebration routine only for the goal to be disallowed. But :manny: Venezuela would of been unfairly beaten yesterday, without it. :skip:

Too soon :hubie:

:mjlit:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Looking at Nigeria's AFCON squad and we look good on paper. I really just hope Rohr doesn't do that nonsense of playing Mikel, Ndidi and Etebo in the midfield 3. Play Mikel/Etebo and Ndidi in a double pivot with Iwobi at No. 10. Musa/Onyekuru, Chukwueze on the wings and someone up top (Igahlo :francis:)

Side Note: Ivory Coast looking legit. Tryna see how Pepe plays.

You a Naija boy too :ohhh:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
You a Naija boy too :ohhh:

Yesso. Pitakwa Stand UP!!!! :blessed:

Born in PH was there for some years before the fam relocated to the US. Currently based in Abuja for the most part (when I'm in Nigeria that is). Went to high school in the Lagos area though, college in the US. Usually move between Abj, Lag and PH when I'm on ground. Usually split my time 60-30-10 Lagos, Abj, PH with occasional stop overs in other parts of the East.

December 2019 we finna be back again. Was in Naij last year for a few days in May. December 2019 gonna be a scene. Might even need to see what Accra hitting like.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
but they still make it up by adding extra time now, I've seen extra time go to 9+ minutes so far this summer.

I don't care about making up the time. I care about refs constantly stopping play and disrupting the flow. I'm more bothered about that than whether we're getting calls right or not.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Firmino was so shyt last night. Must have thought he was playing for Liverpool thinking he could stay offside and the refs would let it slide.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
tenor.gif

fukk this. Scotland ladies just as useless as the men, I’m done.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
I don't care about making up the time. I care about refs constantly stopping play and disrupting the flow. I'm more bothered about that than whether we're getting calls right or not.

And if you saw Scotland there they didn’t even bother making up the time. About 20 seconds of football was played from 89 minutes on. They took about 6 minutes dealing with VAR them blew full time immediately after.