• CANELO BY KO

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • DRAW

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
way too small. canelo is a natural welterweight with muscles for no reason as it is already. if he moves up its going to be like when shane went to 154 to fight guys like winky wright who he had no business trying to fight

Thats like saying Floyd is a natural Super Featherweight :stopitslime:. Canelo is 23 years old and is growing naturally. He's not tall but his build is not one of a natural 147 pounder and he's not :flabbynsick: walking around at 170-175 like Cotto is (who's more of a natural Welterweight fighting at 154).

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i think floyd is a natural 130-135 and that was his ideal weight as a fighter. he can fight at 147 and 154 but thats not his best weight. hopkins could have always fought at light heavyweight, but would slim to his ideal weight which was 160 to dominate all the middleweights there. back when heavyweight started at 176 a lot of the old heavyweights liked to slim to 190 and they felt that was a best combination of strength and speed to fight at. the idea of needing to have bigger muscles and all this fighting at bigger divisions is all new to boxing. i dont know why canelo would need to fight at middleweight except to get his body to have more muscle on it than it already has. but why do fighters need to have all this muscle? in my minds eye its hard for me to envision canelo at 160. thats the division where fighters start to seperate from the small weight classes and start to be full sized men. i just cant see him effective there unless they cherry pick the opponents for him

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
As crazy as it sounds, when getting down to those crucial pounds to be cut, a pound and a half can be brutal. We'll see with Canelo, but I won't be overly shocked if he has some trouble down the stretch.

If I'm him though and I'm a week out and I see it's gonna be a problem, I simply wouldn't make weight and pay the penalty unless Floyd has it where the fight would be called off (which I doubt).
GTFO of here with this weight plea coppin...

Canelo has always had trouble with stamina in his fights, he always takes multiple rounds off to regain himself...Canelo once again having stamina trouble down the stretch should be expected...His only chance of winning this fight is a KO in the first 6 rounds...If this fight goes past 6 rounds we'll be watching another vintage Mayweather sparring session...

tnprince1005

Rookie
Daps
I'm pulling for Canelo on this one, I wanna see those combos and vicious bodyshots on that hoe Floyd.