The Official Fargo on FX Thread

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
That was a great final episode. I hope it comes back next year.

The Breh that plays Lester really needs to get an award. I swear he is going to the closest competition to Matthew Machoghey at the Emmys.

He is British too. Great in Sherlock.

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
I was definitely hoping that Molly would be able to kill Malvo or at least arrest Lester but I understand why they wrote it as they did

Lester treading on thin ice at the end was a pretty cool way to end it for him

Also Malvo's death was :wow: The way he hissed at Gus after taking the initial gunshots was straight :demonic:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
images%2Farticle%2F2014%2F03%2F03%2Fku-xlarge.gif

GREAT series.

Aside from a few loose ends (Stavros?), this was supremely well-written, well-acted and well-produced

I also gotta try and round up some of the music they played in the beginning of the episodes too :wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I thought this was a missed opportunity as well, until I realized Molly's adversary was never Malvo, it was always Lester, and Malvo was a piece on the board she needed to get to him. So having Gus, who had to overcome his fear for Malvo, be the one to finish him off, was a better fit for the ending. In the end Malvo was undone by the two people (Lester and Gus) he really should've been the least afraid of.

Molly solved it for Gus in one of their meetings. The reason we can distinguish the shades of green more than any other color is evolution. Predators hide in grass/forests/woods/etc. and that's why the human eye evolved to distinguish them better among those colors (green). It goes back to Gus' first encounter with Malvo when just of the way he spoke, he knew Malvo was a predator.
I can always count on my coli brehs to fill in the gaps I miss from being too A.D.D. :banderas:

Donwan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Port City, NC
Yes this was a great mini series, it was definitely better than the movie. Like some of yall said, it had some layers and meanings which made it that much better. I wasn't quite expecting this show to be this good when I first saw it, but it played like a big movie, from the acting, script, score, and the scenes. FX deliver another one.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Molly and Malvo not facing off is kind of similar to what went down in No Country for Old Men
The show referenced a lot of themes from No Country For Old Men.

The scene where the Chief says he's calling it quits because he can't fathom to see what people are capable of any longer was definitely influenced from Tommy Lee Jones character in No Country For Old Men...

Malvo's character was cut from the same cloth as Chigurh as well

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
One of the best finales I've ever seen.

Lester is a clever little dude... The bear trap tactic was dope, and I loved the scene where he answers the riddle correctly on his way home from the station.

Did anybody else catch the Malvo death foreshadowing from Gus' daughter during the porch scene? She tells Molly's dad that she'd shoot his eyes out and he'll be able to finish the job... Didn't one of those bullets Gus put in him go through his eye?

:banderas:

After that line, I figured Malvo was done after he got caught in that trap (Lester "shot is eye out" figuratively speaking and Gus finished the job)... When he got back to the cabin I just had a hunch that Gus would still be there waiting.

Show was awesome, I really enjoyed it

Last edited:

b@squ1@t

I AM THE GOLDEN GOD
Daps
pure excellence...one of the best shows ive ever seen and billy bob had some of the best acting id ever seen...even with only 10 episodes i gotta put it up there with the greats

can only hope and pray they decide to do a season 2..maybe just keep molly and gus and bring in all new characters maybe...or fukk it just start from scratch..either way i need that in my life