Essential The Official ESPN Insider Thread (ESPN+)

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
More scouting notes
• Terry Armstrong, the third draft-eligible NBL Next Star, won the dunk contest but otherwise had a relatively quiet weekend in two games, scoring 10 points on six shots with 2 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 turnover in 28 total minutes. This is perhaps a more accurate reflection of what the transition from high school to pro hoops would look like for most prospects, as opposed to what we saw from Hampton and Ball. He falls three spots to No. 48 in this mock.

Armstrong showed flashes of his talent, with his impressive size, length, athleticism, frame and budding scoring instincts, especially getting downhill in the open floor. He brought good energy in his team's first contest, getting to the free throw line six times. But the game moves a little too fast for him, particularly on the defensive end. Armstrong hasn't received much coaching in his career and needs to improve his technique, fundamentals and overall feel. Older, more experienced teams punish his small mistakes immediately and make it difficult to keep him on the floor. The fact that he isn't much of a floor spacer doesn't help. He doesn't have much of a role in the half-court at this stage.

Armstrong missed some time with the team in recent weeks after the death of his uncle. The South East Melbourne coaches don't shy away from admitting that he has had a challenging adjustment to the pro game, but they also say they aren't ready to give up on him developing into a contributor as the season moves on.

Armstrong came into the season as a projected second-round pick and isn't a lock to be drafted. The big key will be monitoring what kind of progress he makes between now and when the season ends this spring. The NBA pre-draft process will likely be very important for his stock.

• Deni Avdija moved up one spot to No. 5, thanks to his MVP performance at the FIBA U20 European Championship in July.

• Kahlil Whitney's strong showing at the Nike Skills Academy has pushed him up to No. 12, making him Kentucky's top draft prospect, just ahead of Tyrese Maxey. All NBA eyes will be on those two -- plus potential first-rounders Ashton Hagans and Johnny Juzang -- when Kentucky hosts NBA teams on Oct. 6. Kentucky is calling this event an open practice this year, as opposed to a pro day, and it will have one session. But the format will be similar to past iterations, with competitive 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 action. Auburn, Georgia and Memphis also will be hosting pro days for NBA teams that week.

• Dayton power forward Obi Toppin moved up 20 spots to No. 24 after his performance at the Nike Skills Academy, which would have won him camp MVP had that award been handed out. The redshirt sophomore is the oldest player projected in our first round, at 21.5 years.

• Karim Mane makes his mock draft debut at No. 23 after a breakout performance at the FIBA U19 World Cup with Canada. Draft-eligible due to his international status and his age (19), the 6-foot-6 guard is the only prospect still in high school currently projected to be drafted and presents one of the more interesting case studies for NBA teams, being somewhat off the radar at a small school in Quebec. Mane is taking college visits and has a decision to make about declaring for the draft. He's the type of player who could move up boards quickly during the pre-draft process due to his outstanding physical tools and versatility. Mane turned down an offer from the Australian NBL to join the Next Star program, a source told ESPN. His family was opposed to the idea of him skipping his final year of high school.

Tyrese Haliburton also benefited from a strong showing at the FIBA U19 World Cup, earning him a big bump to No. 15. Haliburton will be in a much different situation as a sophomore at Iowa State after the team lost its top scorers. His minuscule usage rate is bound to rise considerably, but at what expense to his sparkling true shooting percentage? That will be one of the clues NBA scouts study in attempting to project him to the pro game.

• Senegalese big man Amar Sylla is off to a great start with Belgian club Oostende, bumping him up to No. 25 in this mock draft. Sylla had a poor showing at the FIBA U19 World Cup but is drawing rave reviews from head coach Dario Gjergja. He is playing the power forward position full-time in Belgium and appears poised for a strong season.

• Jay Scrubb, the No. 1 junior college prospect, makes his 2020 mock draft debut at No. 35 after strong showings at the USA Basketball U19 World Cup training camp as well as the Nike Skills Academy. He is another player who passed on the option of playing in the Australian NBL this season, a source told ESPN.

• Other players who improved their draft stock on the FIBA circuit this summer: Louisville's Jordan Nwora, Mississippi State's Reggie Perry, Gonzaga's Filip Petrusev and Nevezis' Georgios Kalaitzakis.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
s Jalen Hurts a legit NFL prospect? Kiper & McShay debate

One of the biggest stories of the college football season has been the dominance of Oklahoma quarterback Jalen Hurts, who transferred from Alabama and is leading the race for the Heisman Trophy. Could he follow in the footsteps of former Sooners signal-callers Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray and be a first-round pick?

We asked ESPN NFL draft experts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay to evaluate Hurts' pro potential, where he fits in the 2020 NFL draft and how he compares to Mayfield and Murray.

Jump below for Kiper and McShay's picks for biggest risers and under-the-radar prospects to watch.

i

Jalen Hurts' NFL potential
Kiper: I didn't expect to see this Hurts for the Sooners. In his first two seasons at Alabama -- he went 26-2 with a national title as a starter from 2016 to 2017 -- I didn't think he was an NFL prospect. He just wasn't accurate enough as a passer. I thought maybe he was going to be another star college quarterback who just wasn't good enough for the NFL, which happens all the time. But then he looked a little bit different last season when he filled in for Tua Tagovailoa. His mechanics looked much better, and his accuracy improved.

McShay: He has continued that improvement at Oklahoma, showing off above-average arm strength and top-tier athleticism as a dual-threat quarterback. Hurts was a winner at Alabama and got the job done in big moments. But his numbers have popped to a new level this season as he learns under Lincoln Riley, who of course produced the past two Heisman Trophy winners and No. 1 picks in Mayfield and Murray. Hurts seems to be worrying less about making mistakes or turning the ball over and instead is playing more "grip-it-and-rip-it" football.

Kiper: The word I've used most when describing Hurts' rate of improvement? Astonishing. It's night and day from 2016 to now. How much of this improvement are you putting on Riley's system, Todd?

McShay: It has been tough for me to make a true evaluation off Hurts' five games at Oklahoma because I'm weighing 30-plus games at Bama versus what he is doing under Riley as a senior. And this system churns out quarterback production. Riley is a wizard in scheming open receivers, and it is making Hurts look good by reducing the difficulty of the throws. One example: Hurts is completing 69% of his passes thrown 10 or more yards in the air, up from 46.4% during his time at Bama. That's at least partially due to how open pass-catchers are in this system.

Kiper: I would say we have to give Hurts a little more credit here, Todd. This transformation started last season under former Bama quarterbacks coach Dan Enos. Without Hurts' arm, Alabama would not have won that SEC title game. He threw a much better ball than he did as a freshman and sophomore. That has continued this season, of course, as Hurts is averaging 14 yards per attempt after averaging 7.6 yards from 2016 to 2017. That's a huge improvement. Overall, he is completing 75.2% of his passes with 14 TDs and two interceptions, and he has rushed for 499 yards (8.8 per carry) with seven touchdowns. His 96.9 Total QBR leads the country.

McShay: But will those numbers translate to the next level? I'm not so sure.

Kiper: We're still early here, and Oklahoma hasn't played a good team yet. That changes this weekend against Texas down in Dallas. But what absolutely translates to the NFL is Hurts' decision-making, as he rarely turns the ball over. He also has shown the ability to throw accurately on the run or step up in the pocket and deliver a ball downfield. The throw that comes to mind is his 74-yard catch-and-run to Charleston Rambo against Texas Tech. Hurts has NFL traits.

McShay: Hurts is a top-three quarterback in college football this season, no doubt, but the harsh reality is that he isn't a top-five quarterback prospect in this 2020 class. What concerns me is the slow delivery, and he needs to speed up his play processing and get the ball out more quickly. Riley has masked some of those lingering accuracy concerns by giving him open targets. Can Hurts consistently make good throws into tight windows?

Kiper: That's totally fair. Those tight-window throws separate Hurts from Mayfield and Murray, as those passes are what made them No. 1 picks. Hurts isn't going to be a No. 1 pick. But he is going to be drafted, and that's more than I thought after his sophomore season in 2017. Where do you have him, Todd?

McShay: I see Hurts as a Day 3 prospect right now, and a few people I've talked to around the league agree. Actually, I think the third round could be his ceiling. But you have to factor in how Mayfield's and Murray's seasons go. If they look impressive, the Riley factor gets an even bigger bump. After all, Mayfield's first-year success helped Murray's stock. If Mayfield remains inconsistent in Year 2 and Murray continues his rookie struggles, expect the "Riley scheme" narrative to dull NFL teams' interest in taking an early-round gamble on Hurts.

Kiper: I'm more optimistic here. I don't think Hurts is going to be a first-round pick, but he could land in Round 2 if he keeps playing this well. I want to see him against the Longhorns and better competition the rest of the way. Remember, he is doing this for an OU team that replaced four starters along the offensive line and lost its best receiver in Marquise Brown, who was drafted in Round 1 by the Baltimore Ravens. I don't think Hurts is a fluke. He's legit.

Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech[/paste:font]
Brooks had a huge game in the Red Raiders' win over Oklahoma State on Saturday, racking up 19 tackles with three sacks and a forced fumble. He has 10.5 tackles for loss this season, up from 7.5 in all of 2018. Brooks, who plays inside and outside linebacker, is a tackling machine with a chiseled 6-foot-1, 245-pound frame. He has great diagnostic ability at the snap, and he gets a tremendous jump on the ball. He takes good angles and doesn't waste steps, and I think he'll test well at the combine. I've been so impressed by Brooks' improvement this season. Right now, he is a solid Day 2 pick on my board for 2020. -- Kiper

i

Darius Stills, DT, West Virginia
To be clear, I'm not certain that Stills, a junior, will leave school and declare for the draft after this season. I would guess he waits a year and enters the 2021 draft. But the talent is real, and he is playing his tail off this season for the Mountaineers. Through five games, he has 4.0 sacks, 8.5 tackles for loss and a blocked field goal. His brother and West Virginia teammate, Dante, was a five-star prospect, but Darius was barely recruited. Darius is shorter (6-foot-1, 292 pounds) and not as athletic as his sibling, but he is making a bigger impact. I have a close eye on this kid as a future midround value pick. -- McShay

Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton[/paste:font]
Mel had Trautman as his riser a few weeks back, but I wanted to bring him up again because he continues to climb draft boards with huge games. He has at least 80 yards in all four games this season, and he is coming off a ridiculous six-catch, 107-yard, four-touchdown performance against Jacksonville. A 6-foot-6 redshirt senior and team captain, Trautman is not an explosive route runner, but he has the frame, body control and ball skills to develop into a zone-coverage buster and an asset in the red zone in the NFL. He has enough top-end speed to work the seam and make the occasional one-on-one play downfield. And he can play in-line and split outside. At this point, Trautman projects as a potential No. 2 tight end with midround value. -- McShay

i

Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State
You can't miss the 6-foot-9 Taylor on tape, as he is so much bigger than the FCS competition he dominates. But this is more than just a big body. Taylor, who transferred from Appalachian State to play basketball, then joined South Carolina State's football team, has good footwork in pass protection, and he locks and drives defenders in the run game. That basketball background comes in handy when he uses his athleticism to get to the second and third levels with ease against MEAC competition. I want to see if Taylor receives an invite to a postseason all-star game because he hasn't played against great competition, but he could be a fourth- or fifth-round pick based on his traits, athleticism and size. -- Kiper

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

1. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama*
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 218
Grade: 94 | Previous rank: 1

Simply put, Tagovailoa is a special talent. The lefty has elite accuracy at all three levels, displaying a smooth delivery, solid arm strength and excellent touch. His anticipation and fast eyes are high-end, and he has some twitch to him. Durability is a bit of a concern, but he's still my top prospect at this point in the process. Tagovailoa has 1,718 passing yards and 23 touchdown passes this season -- and he somehow has yet to throw an interception in five games. His 96.5 Total QBR is second in the nation -- just behind former teammate Jalen Hurts -- and he has thrown at least five touchdowns in three straight contests.

i

2. Chase Young, DE, Ohio State*
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 265
Grade: 93 | Previous rank: 5

Young already has 8.5 sacks (second in the country), 9.5 tackles for loss (tied for ninth) and three forced fumbles (tied for fourth) through six games. Those are crazy numbers. He has quickness and above-average bend, and he flashes the ability to convert speed to power, though I'd like to see some improvement getting off blocks. He best fits as a 4-3 defensive end, but he has experience dropping into coverage and could end up converting to a 3-4 outside linebacker role.

i

3. Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama*
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 192
Grade: 93 | Previous rank: 2

Jeudy is a really fun prospect to watch. He's a truly polished route runner with soft hands, and he does an excellent job tracking the deep ball. Although he doesn't have elite size and strength, Jeudy should be an immediate impact player in the NFL. Consider that he already has 38 catches for 488 yards (18th in the country) and six touchdowns (tied for 11th) in five games while playing alongside other big-time playmakers.

i

4. Grant Delpit, S, LSU*
Height: 6-3 | Weight: 203
Grade: 91 | Previous rank: 3

A smooth safety, Delpit has good speed and ball skills. He shows great instincts on the back end (one interception), but he's inconsistent as a tackler: He has 19 tackles, including 1.5 for loss, in 2019. Delpit is really effective in an overhang position, where he can play closer to the line of scrimmage and affect the game against the run and pass.

i

5. Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State*
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 200
Grade: 91 | Previous rank: 4

A big, long corner, Okudah has smooth hips and quick feet. He occasionally lunges, but he also shows the ability to recover quickly when in press coverage with his athleticism. He has the tools to become a No. 1 corner. I love his versatility, as he lines up on both sides and in the slot while helping out in run defense. In six games, Okudah is tied for fourth in the nation with three interceptions -- including a highlight-reel-worthy snag -- and he has 17 tackles, a forced fumble and three passes broken up.

i

6. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
Height: 6-6 | Weight: 237
Grade: 90 | Previous rank: 6

Remember when Herbert was considered a potential top-10 pick for the 2019 draft? Well, he's right back in the fold this time. The big QB has a huge arm and good mobility, and in that regard he reminds me a little of the Bills' Josh Allen. There's a whole lot of ability there, but Herbert needs to find some more consistency and iron out some decision-making issues. He has thrown for 1,341 yards, 15 scores -- tied for seventh in the FBS -- and one interception thus far.

i

7. Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 318
Grade: 90 | Previous rank: 7

Brown is an easy mover for his size and does a good job locating the ball. He has quick hands, though he needs to be more effective with them. Brown has some versatility but probably ends up as a three-technique in a one-gap-heavy scheme in the NFL. He has three sacks, two forced fumbles, 17 tackles and three passes broken up this season. Against Florida, the big man returned a pair of fumbles for 53 total yards -- and it would have been more had he kept his balance on one of them while breaking down the sideline.

i

8. CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma*
Height: 6-2 | Weight: 191
Grade: 90 | Previous rank: 8

Lamb is an above-average route runner with excellent separation skills and the ability to settle into pockets when facing zone coverage. He has some wheels to challenge vertically, the hands and body control to haul in the pass and the instincts to create after the catch. As a bonus, he can return punts. Lamb has hauled in at least one touchdown in each of his five games this season, totaling seven on the season (tied for seventh) with an additional rushing TD, and he has caught 18 passes overall for 439 yards.

i

9. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia*
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 320
Grade: 89 | Previous rank: 19

Thomas is a powerful left tackle who will need some time to develop his hands and footwork, but you can see the strong movement and natural ability. Although he will occasionally give up some ground to bull rushers, he shows initial pop. His game is raw, but the athleticism and potential are there.

i

10. Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson*
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 225
Grade: 88 | Previous rank: 13

The biggest question about Simmons at this point: What position does he play at the next level? He's a bulked-up converted safety who can play all over -- corner, safety, linebacker -- thanks to his excellent athleticism. He has smooth hips and long arms, and he is pretty talented in coverage. He has done it all so far, recording a trio of sacks, 43 tackles, six tackles for loss and two passes broken up.

i

11. Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
Height: 6-0 | Weight: 200
Grade: 88 | Previous rank: 9

I really like the way Fulton makes "splash" plays. He has really good ball skills and stops and starts so quickly, despite average straight-line speed. He bats balls and shows good instincts in coverage. Now Fulton needs to get a bit stronger, as bigger receivers can push him around at times. Scouts will also be mindful of off-field concerns; the corner was suspended for the 2017 season after allegedly tampering with a drug test. Although he has yet to make an interception in 2019, he has five passes broken up through five games.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

12. Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama*
Height: 6-0 | Weight: 190
Grade: 88 | Previous rank: 10

Ruggs is a burner who explodes off the line of scrimmage and is very savvy in his route running. He isn't afraid to work the middle of the field, but Ruggs needs to build some strength to generate better late separation. Thanks to that elite speed and some crisp cutting ability, he is a real threat to opposing defensive backs. Despite two games of fewer than 15 receiving yards this season, Ruggs has four touchdowns and 361 yards. He is averaging 21.2 yards per catch.

i

13. CJ Henderson, CB, Florida*
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 202
Grade: 88 | Previous rank: 11

Primarily an outside corner who is at his best in man-to-man coverage, Henderson possesses smooth hips and easy speed -- he doesn't stress to stay in stride with receivers going vertical. Henderson locates the ball well and displays good ball skills, breaking up five passes this season. Run support and physicality at the line of scrimmage are his weaknesses, but those will improve as he gets stronger.

i

14. Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama
Height: 6-7 | Weight: 312
Grade: 88 | Previous rank: 18

Davis flashes the ability to jar offensive linemen with initial contact and frequently gets pressure when turned loose. Davis lacks some body control and can be slow to redirect, which leads to some sacks being left on the field (he doesn't have any yet this season), but he is stout enough to control single blocks when he keeps his pad level low enough. He is highly gifted and scheme-versatile, but discipline will be a concern for scouts. Davis has 25 tackles this season.

i

15. Jacob Eason, QB, Washington*
Height: 6-6 | Weight: 227
Grade: 88 | Previous rank: NR

Eason has a big, strong frame and an even bigger arm. I'm really starting to see his timing and anticipation improve on his throws. In six games, Eason has 1,449 passing yards, 11 touchdowns and three interceptions. He still needs more game experience. Although he played in 13 games for Georgia in 2016, he threw just seven passes during the 2017 season before redshirting when he transferred to Washington in 2018. But he has high-level natural tools, including some good mobility for a quarterback with his size.

i

16. Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford*
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 190
Grade: 87 | Previous rank: 14

Adebo is a long corner with tons of speed and elite ball skills. Cardinal coach David Shaw raves about his work ethic and professional approach to the game. After recording four interceptions a season ago, Adebo has one this season to go with nine passes broken up (tied for third in the nation) and 24 tackles.

i

17. Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado*
Height: 6-2 | Weight: 220
Grade: 87 | Previous rank: 15

This guy is a real weapon for any offense. Shenault can play any receiver position and is terrific with the ball in his hands. Don't expect him to run a normal route tree, instead snagging a lot of short catches underneath, but he is good on contested balls, and his ability to create after the catch stands out as a plus trait. Shenault will need some time to develop and learn effective deep routes, but his short-area quickness is something else. He has 17 catches for 226 yards and nine carries for 66 yards through four games, and he has three total touchdowns. But he has missed some time with a core muscle injury.

Get the best of ESPN sent to your inbox
Privacy PolicyRead the Latest1676

i

18. Julian Okwara, DE, Notre Dame
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 248
Grade: 87 | Previous rank: 16

Okwara is a long, athletic hybrid defensive end/outside linebacker with good range. He flashes good speed to power as a pass-rusher -- he has five sacks (tied for 16th in the FBS) and two forced fumbles so far in 2019 -- and stacks tight ends as a run defender. Okwara is just scratching the surface in terms of his potential, though. He needs to develop an effective inside move and improve his ability to counter. He fits better as a 3-4 OLB than a defensive end.

i

19. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin*
Height: 5-11 | Weight: 219
Grade: 87 | Previous rank: NR

Taylor has been nothing short of incredible this season. After seasons of 1,977 and 2,194 rushing yards, he has gained 745 yards (tied for third) and scored 12 times (tied for second) on the ground in 2019. Taylor is an instinctive between-the-tackles runner who displays patience and burst. He will make defenders miss both in the hole and at the second level. In years past, he wasn't featured in the passing game, but Taylor has already set career highs in that regard this season, with 12 catches for 114 yards and four more touchdowns through five games.

i

20. Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 200
Grade: 86 | Previous rank: 28

After leading the nation with 22 pass breakups in 2018, Hall is getting plenty of draft attention, with four more in five games in 2019. He's a big corner with enough top-end speed to compete on vertical routes, and he has the frame and length to develop into an effective press corner. Hall is tight with average burst, making him more effective in zone than man coverage. He's also an aggressive run defender who wraps up (19 tackles this season).

i

21. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson*
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 205
Grade: 86 | Previous rank: 24

I like Higgins' game a lot. He's an athletic playmaker who will catch anything in his neighborhood, as shown by his 22 catches for 505 yards (14th in the country) and three touchdowns this season. Higgins doesn't have elite speed and still has some work to do getting off press coverage, but he has tremendous size. And he can make guys miss with his strength.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

22. Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 260
Grade: 86 | Previous rank: 22

Pinkney flashes as a route runner, separates well for his size and has enough speed to threaten down the seam. He tracks the ball well and shows good body control adjusting to passes and a wide catch radius. As an in-line run-blocker, he has some problems sustaining and needs to get stronger at the point of attack, but his athletic ability and frame make him an effective blocker in space when his technique is sound. Pinkney has 11 catches for 127 yards in five games this season, averaging 11.5 per reception, though he has just two catches for 8 yards in his past two contests.

i

23. Trey Adams, OT, Washington
Height: 6-8 | Weight: 314
Grade: 86 | Previous rank: NR

Adams is a powerful run-blocker who gets into position and moves defenders off the ball. He does an adequate job of climbing up to the second level and cutting off linebackers. He isn't an elite athlete, so he struggles with quick inside and fluid double moves, but he's a mauler who plays with an edge and finishes. Adams has some injury history, having missed a chunk of the 2017 season with an ACL injury before sitting nearly the entire 2018 campaign because of back woes. Teams will keep an eye on that.

i

24. Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin*
Height: 6-3 | Weight: 321
Grade: 85 | Previous rank: 23

Biadasz is a positional run-blocker who does a good job of walling off his assignments, though he isn't a powerful drive blocker who regularly moves defenders off the ball. He has above-average range and takes sound angles when climbing to the second level. He gets set quickly in pass protection, but power rushers give him some problems.

i

25. Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
Height: 6-2 | Weight: 207
Grade: 85 | Previous rank: 17

Diggs played only six games in 2018 because of a broken foot, but he already has two picks and 14 tackles in five 2019 games. He is a versatile athlete with great size and good straight-line speed. He has experience working on the perimeter but has also played the overhang and free safety roles on defense -- and returned kicks. Diggs has tightness in his hips and will give up separation to quicker receivers out of their breaks, but he can be effective in coverage in press man and zone defense. He closes well and limits gains after the catch. And he will mix it up physically.

i

26. Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan*
Height: 6-2 | Weight: 208
Grade: 85 | Previous rank: NR

Peoples-Jones will line up outside or in the slot, but no matter where he is running routes, he displays natural hands and the ability to adjust to passes thrown outside his frame. He is really smooth in transitioning upfield after the catch and will occasionally lower the shoulder as a tough open-field runner. He might not have a high-end second gear, but he is a physical route runner. Peoples-Jones does a good job tracking deep balls, too. After a late start to the season, he has nine catches for 93 yards and a touchdown through three games played, along with four punt returns.
i

27. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
Height: 6-7 | Weight: 305
Grade: 85 | Previous rank: 30

I remember watching Wanogho struggle as a freshman, and he has come a long, long way. He has great size and very long arms, and I like his athleticism and the way he moves for that size. There are some inconsistencies in his technique, but Wanogho has a lot of potential.

i

28. Terrell Lewis, OLB, Alabama*
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 252
Grade: 85 | Previous rank: 20

Lewis missed the 2018 season because of a torn ACL, but he is a menace off the edge, as evidenced by his two sacks, four tackles for loss and four QB hurries in four games this season. He has the ideal size, speed and athleticism to develop into an every-down edge rusher in the NFL.

i

29. D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia*
Height: 5-9 | Weight: 215
Grade: 85 | Previous rank: 21

His game is all about explosion. He's a one-cut-and-go type who just explodes through the line of scrimmage, rushing for 460 yards and four touchdowns so far this season. But Swift also has good hands and can run routes as a pass-catcher (10 catches for 147 yards and a score), which is unusual for a college running back. He is well built with good strength, and if he gets going, he can be a real problem for opponents. However, he dances a little too much sometimes and gets into trouble.

i

30. A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa*
Height: 6-6 | Weight: 280
Grade: 84 | Previous rank: 25

Epenesa is an active hand fighter and displays good effort when rushing the passer, getting his arms in passing lanes. He has the strength -- and size -- to set the edge against the run when he needs to. But Epenesa lacks lower-body flexibility and closing speed, and he still needs a little improvement getting off blocks. He has produced two sacks and five QB hurries in five games in 2019.

i

31. Curtis Weaver, DE, Boise State*
Height: 6-3 | Weight: 265
Grade: 83 | Previous rank: 26

Weaver uses his power to be effective as a pass-rusher. He extends his arms against tackles to find the quarterback. That ability shows up on the stat sheet, as he has 9.0 sacks this season in five contests, the most in the nation. Weaver also has the ability to make plays in the backfield as a run defender and can set the edge when his technique is sound. But there's some room for improvement when it comes to getting off his blocks.

i

32. Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
Height: 6-6 | Weight: 310
Grade: 82 | Previous rank: 27

Kinlaw has four sacks so far in 2019. He is twitchy with a quick first step and some good initial power to walk offensive linemen back, though I think he needs to develop a better counter off his bull rush. Kinlaw has a good motor, but I would like to see a little more nastiness fighting through double-teams. He waves the white flag a bit too early. He fits best in a one-gap-heavy scheme and is at his best when active as a run defender.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

1. Cleveland Browns: Patrick Mahomes, QB
Actual No. 1 pick: Myles Garrett, DE

The Browns passed on the Jared Goff/Carson Wentz quarterback class in 2016 and then finished 1-15 with Robert Griffin, Josh McCown and Cody Kessler all getting starts at quarterback. There was no one waiting in the wings and every reason to be seeking a new passer at the top of the draft.

But the Browns had their eyes elsewhere. They, along with many other teams, thought Garrett, a pass-rusher out of Texas A&M, was the best player in the draft. To be clear, Garrett has become a transcendent player, with 27.5 sacks in his first 32 NFL games. He would have been an obvious choice for a team with a high-end quarterback.

Teams with really good quarterbacks don't wind up at the top of the draft, of course. The Browns weren't the only team concerned about Mahomes' freestyle form of play. Even while acknowledging his rifle arm, some worried that Mahomes couldn't be steered into becoming an NFL passer because of his tendency to break the pocket and make off-schedule throws. The Browns were among the teams to overthink that concern.

This is where we point out that Mahomes wound up in the nurturing care of Chiefs coach Andy Reid, one of the best QB developers and innovative offensive minds in football. In Cleveland, he would have instead been paired with coach Hue Jackson and probably thrust onto the field a year earlier than he was with the Chiefs and with far fewer weapons than Kansas City afforded him.

Look at how the Browns' season played out. They drafted Notre Dame's DeShone Kizer in the second round and started him for 15 games. He threw twice as many interceptions (22) as touchdown passes (11), and the Browns stumbled to an 0-16 finish -- one that put them in position to draft Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield at No. 1 in 2018.

Are the Browns better off with Mayfield and Garrett than with Mahomes alone? They also could have drafted Watson at No. 12 overall, but they traded the pick to the Texans. In that case, you would have to judge whether they would have been better off with Garrett and Watson, rather than Garrett and the bounty they received from the Texans, which included safety Jabrill Peppers and cornerback Denzel Ward. (Peppers was part of the trade that brought receiver Odell Beckham Jr. to the Browns this spring.)

i

2. San Francisco 49ers: Deshaun Watson, QB
Actual No. 2 pick (CHI traded up): Mitchell Trubisky, QB
Original SF pick at No. 3: Solomon Thomas, DL

The 49ers were in an ideal position to draft a franchise quarterback. They had just hired general manager John Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan, and they had a prime spot in the draft order. But each had signed unusually long, six-year contracts and didn't act with the urgency that many other regimes would have felt in that position.

Instead, the Niners signed veteran Brian Hoyer to start and traded down one spot in the round on draft day. At No. 3, the Niners drafted Thomas and then used one of the picks they acquired in the deal to move back up and draft linebacker Reuben Foster at No. 31. Linebacker Fred Warner (third round, 2018) and receiver Dante Pettis (second round, 2018) are among the other byproducts of the deal.

None of those picks has produced a dynamic, enduring player. Thomas has been serviceable but hasn't developed into the kind of force expected from a top-five pick, and Foster was released in 2018 for off-field reasons. It's fair to point out that the 49ers were widely believed to be prepared to pursue Kirk Cousins during free agency after the 2017 season, before they acquired quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo for a second-round choice. But Garoppolo's ensuing contract extension robbed the franchise of the important value of having a good, young quarterback locked into five years of low salary-cap numbers.

Fair or not, many teams pegged Watson as a zone-read specialist whose team would need to overhaul its scheme to fit him in. Shanahan had done just that for Griffin when he was the Washington Redskins' offensive coordinator in 2012, and the Texans wound up doing the same when Watson entered the starting lineup in 2017.

But we know now that Watson -- unlike Griffin -- has quickly developed into an aggressive and accurate passer. In his first 28 starts, he has produced three games with five touchdowns and no interceptions. His style of play fits perfectly into today's NFL, and if anything, the 49ers blundered worse by passing on him than the Browns did by not taking Mahomes.

i

3. Chicago Bears: Myles Garrett, DE
Actual No. 3 pick (SF traded down): Solomon Thomas, DL
Original CHI pick at No. 2: Mitchell Trubisky, QB

Instead of shocking the NFL world by moving up to draft Trubisky at No. 2, the Bears sit tight in our re-draft and get the next Khalil Mack a year before they traded for the actual one. After an injury-shortened rookie season with seven sacks, Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018 and already has seven through five games in 2019.

To be sure, the Bears would have faced the same initial criticism had they traded up to draft Watson or Mahomes at No. 2. The difference, of course, is that Trubisky is now several tiers away from them. Before he suffered a shoulder injury in Week 4, he ranked No. 28 in QBR (32.5), and the Bears were running a no-huddle offense so that their coaches could make playcall adjustments for him before the speaker in his helmet shut off by rule with 15 seconds left on the play clock. He has produced some nice moments but remains a below-average player at his position.

With the benefit of hindsight, it's difficult to imagine that Trubisky would be a first-round pick at all, let alone a top-five selection. There aren't many people in the NFL who think Trubisky's development has been botched or neglected -- especially considering he's played under head coach Matt Nagy -- yet he hasn't progressed to a point that justifies the No. 2 overall pick.

Taking Garrett here would have left the Bears without a quarterback for 2017, as they had moved on from Jay Cutler. But it's fair to ask whether the circumstances are any different with Trubisky on the roster. Garrett's arrival would have made the Bears less likely to trade for Mack, too, which would have left them better equipped moving forward to draft a quarterback in 2018 or even 2019 if needed.

i

4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Christian McCaffrey, RB
Actual No. 4 pick: Leonard Fournette, RB

I don't advocate drafting running backs this high, given their short career spans and the relative surplus of good players at the position. But if the Jaguars were hell-bent on taking one here, to fit executive vice president Tom Coughlin's old-school vision, then McCaffrey -- who went four picks later to Carolina -- is the best choice.

The Jaguars went with Fournette, a traditional bruising tailback who has plodded along for an average of 76 rushing yards per game when he has played but has also missed 11 games for various reasons. McCaffrey is a dynamic two-way playmaker, as required of today's top running backs. He is a leading candidate for MVP this season; through five games, he has 16% more yards from scrimmage than the next-highest producing player.

i

5. Tennessee Titans: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR
Actual No. 5 pick: Corey Davis, WR

This pick originated with the Los Angeles Rams, who traded it to the Titans as part of the 2016 deal to select quarterback Goff. The Titans' intent was clear: Find a downfield weapon for quarterback Marcus Mariota, who in his first two seasons completed only 32 passes that traveled at least 20 yards in the air (23rd in NFL). Smith-Schuster -- taken No. 62 overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers -- has caught 15 such passes in 35 career games, and in that period, only eight receivers have totaled more receiving yards than he has (2,678).

The Titans' pick here, Davis, has shown some promise, and it's fair to wonder what his production would be like if he had been in the Steelers' offense instead of Smith-Schuster. But we don't need to wonder what Smith-Schuster would have done, and that makes him a better choice here.

i

6. New York Jets: Jamal Adams, S
Actual No. 6 pick: Jamal Adams, S

Three years ago, many thought Adams was the second-best player in this draft, a safety who was as comfortable and effective playing near the line of scrimmage as he was covering the deep middle of the field. A player with such a versatile skill base can give defensive coordinators a rare set of options.

Eddie Jackson -- a fourth-round pick in 2017 -- has grabbed eight. You could make an argument here for a pass-rusher such as Pittsburgh's T.J. Watt (No. 30 overall), but in keeping with the Jets' philosophy at the time, Adams remains a defensible choice.

i

7. Los Angeles Chargers: Kenny Golladay, WR
Actual No. 7 pick: Mike Williams, WR

When you're trying to maximize the twilight of quarterback Philip Rivers' career, it makes sense to load up on playmakers. The Chargers' choice in 2017 was Williams, whose 6-foot-4 frame and reach made him a natural sidekick to Keenan Allen. But injuries limited him to 10 games as a rookie, and even though he caught 10 touchdowns in 2018, Williams has managed only 68 receptions overall in 30 games with Rivers.

Cooper Kupp, a Rams third-round pick who has turned into a reliable big-play threat for Goff. But I went with Golladay, who more closely fits what the Chargers were seeking in Williams -- and he has nearly twice as many receptions for the Detroit Lions after they selected him 96th in 2017.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

8. Carolina Panthers: Alvin Kamara, RB
Actual No. 8 pick: Christian McCaffrey, RB

With McCaffrey already off the board, the Panthers look to a player with similar skills and one who has been more productive on a per-touch basis. Like McCaffrey, Kamara is equally dangerous in the passing and running games. Kamara, originally drafted No. 67 overall, has averaged 6.5 yards every time he has touched the ball for the New Orleans Saints, and McCaffrey has averaged 5.9.

Dalvin Cook, another dual-threat running back who was selected by the Minnesota Vikings at No. 41 overall, is having a monster season in 2019 but was injured for significant portions of his first two seasons. If the Panthers wanted a versatile playmaker for quarterback Cam Newton to use as a crutch, Kamara would have been every bit the player McCaffrey has been.

i

9. Cincinnati Bengals: George Kittle, TE
Actual No. 9 pick: John Ross III, WR

The Bengals were understandably looking for some offensive firepower in this draft, but their decision to select Ross -- whose draft value spiked when he ran a 4.22 in the 40-yard dash at the February scouting combine -- was suspect from the start. Injuries have contributed to his catching only 37 passes in three seasons.

Travis Kelce and Zach Ertz. The Bengals had no way of knowing that their tight end of the moment, Tyler Eifert, would be unable to remain a full-time player following injuries to his ankle and back. But in retrospect, we do.

i

10. Buffalo Bills: Ryan Ramczyk, RT
Actual No. 10 pick (KC traded up): Patrick Mahomes, QB
Original BUF pick at No. 27: Tre'Davious White, CB

This is where the Bills made their fateful decision to trade down and allow the Chiefs to swoop up Mahomes. They had gone 15-17 the previous two seasons with Tyrod Taylor as their primary starter but decided to stand pat for another season. Although they made the playoffs in 2017, the Bills moved on from Taylor and ultimately were left to draft Josh Allen in 2018.

It will take a massive reversal for the Bills to wish they had Allen instead of Mahomes or Watson, even when you factor in the additional players they ultimately acquired -- White and linebacker Tremaine Edmunds, among others -- with the extra picks. White, who has eight interceptions the past three seasons, wouldn't be a terrible pick here, 17 slots ahead of where they selected him. Nor would Saints corner Marshon Lattimore (No. 11), the Steelers' Watt (No. 30) or the Bears' Jackson (No. 112).

But in terms of team building, locking in Ramczyk as an offensive line anchor would have made the most sense. Drafted No. 32 overall by the Saints, Ramczyk has never made the Pro Bowl but is generally considered a top-five player at his position. This pick would have eased the urgency the Bills faced in the 2019 offseason, when they signed six veteran free-agent linemen and drafted Cody Ford in the second round.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Reranking Tua Tagovailoa, Chase Young and the 2017 college football recruiting class

The 2017 recruiting class did not receive as much fanfare as the preceding class but will arguably leave a more indelible impression on college football. Alabama took the reigns back as the No. 1 class in 2017 and three seasons later it has proven to be accurate.

What was not on point? Our individual rankings, as Tua Tagovailoa and Jerry Jeudy were not rated inside the top-3 within the Tide's own class.

However, we get another shot with this retrospective reranking based on college production. Here are the top 50 players knowing what we know now.

i

1. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
The 6-foot-1, 218-pound lefty has become one of the top quarterbacks in the history of the Alabama program and is expected to contend for the No. 1 overall selection in the 2020 NFL draft. In 30 career games for the Crimson Tide, the former state of Hawai'i star has completed 69.7% of his passes for 6,613 yards and 81 touchdowns with only nine interceptions. Among his many awards following the 2018 season were the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award and the Maxwell Award.

i

2. Chase Young, DE, Ohio State
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
The 6-foot-5, 265-pound ESPN 300 alum is chasing down records in Columbus, while skyrocketing up NFL draft boards. In 28 career games, the former DeMatha High standout has recorded 30 tackles for loss and 22.5 sacks. Young is expected to be selected in the top 5 of the 2020 NFL draft.

i

3. Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
Jeudy, from South Florida, continues to elevate his status. Coming off a season that included 68 receptions, 1,315 yards and 14 touchdowns, and saw him win the Biletnikoff Award, the 6-foot-1, 192-pound precise route runner with excellent change of direction already has 42 receptions for 538 yards and six scores in six games in 2019.

i

4. Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
A former five-star prospect, Okudah was productive without being spectacular his first two seasons for the Buckeyes. This season, however, the 6-foot-1, 200-pound elite athlete has already picked off three passes in six games.

i

5. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
Delpit quickly became one of college football's top safeties in 2017, recording 60 tackles with an interception. Delpit took home All-America honors in 2018 after tallying 74 tackles and five interceptions and is considered a potential top-10 selection in the 2020 NFL draft.

i

6. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
Thomas has starred for the Bulldogs since jump street. With 34 career starts at tackle, the 6-foot-5, 320-pounder has earned All-SEC and All-America honors his first two seasons in Athens and is in the middle of another All-America level season in 2019.

i

7. Jedrick Wills Jr., OG, Alabama
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
The No. 2-ranked guard in the 2017 class has been a star in the trenches for the Crimson Tide since midway through his freshman campaign. Wills is now in his third season as a starter and headed for All-America honors.

i

8. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
NR
A three-star prospect coming out of the Garden State, Taylor has become one of the best running backs in the storied history of the Big Ten. After rushing for 1,977 yards and 13 touchdowns as a freshman, Taylor went over 2,000 yards as a sophomore, taking home the Doak Walker Award, and is on pace for another season of more than 1,800 yards in 2019.

i

9. Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
After playing as a reserve as a freshman in 2017, the former five-star prospect won the starting right guard job in 2018 and earned All-SEC Team honors from the coaches. Having moved to left tackle this season, the 6-foot-6, 310-pound Sunshine State product has the makings of a first-round NFL draft selection.

i

10. Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
The former ESPN 300 prospect quickly became one of the most feared running backs in the country at Clemson. After rushing for 766 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2017 as a freshman, the former Pelican State star rushed for 1,658 yards and 24 touchdowns for the national champions in 2018. A second straight 1,000-yard season is a lock as a junior.

i

11. Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
The former ESPN 300 prospect and one-time Alabama verbal commitment has helped take Georgia to another level in Athens.

i

12. Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
The former five-star prospect has not disappointed since arriving in Tuscaloosa. After earning All-SEC freshman team honors following a 30-tackle, 5.5-tackles-for-loss season, the 6-foot-3, 235-pound Pelican State product was named All-SEC second team in 2018 following a team-high 86 tackles, 10 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks. The Crimson Tide lost Moses before the 2019 season because of injury.

i

13. D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
The 5-foot-9, 215-pound former ESPN 300 prospect is one of the most explosive running backs in the country with more than 2,200 yards rushing, and more than 600 receiving with 23 touchdowns in two and half seasons in Athens.

i

14. Creed Humphrey, OC, Oklahoma
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
NR
After redshirting in 2017, the 6-foot-5, 315-pound Humphrey has become the best center in college football. After being named second-team All-Big 12 and freshman All-American, Humphrey has been dominant in 2019 for the Sooners.

i

15. Walker Little, OT, Stanford
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
The former top-100 prospect coming out of the Houston area was a potential top-10 selection in the 2020 NFL draft before suffering a knee injury early in the 2019 season. He was named the 2017 Pac-12 Freshman Offensive Co-Player of the Year and All-Pac-12 first team following his sophomore season.

i

16. Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
After redshirting in 2017, the former five-star prospect earned Freshman All-America team honors and 2018 Coaches Freshman All-SEC Team honors at right tackle. The 6-foot-7, 340-pounder out of New York is considered a future first-round selection in the NFL draft.

i

17. J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
2017 ESPN 300 rank:
Dobbins emerged as one of the top running backs in the country as a freshman for the Buckeyes, rushing for over 1,400 yards and scoring seven touchdowns. A third straight 1,000-yard season is a given for the 5-foot-10, 217-pound ultra-quick back.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

18. CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 290
Lamb is putting together one of the best careers of any receiver in the storied history of Oklahoma football. The former Houston-area star has hauled in 139 passes for nearly 2,600 yards and 28 touchdowns in two and half seasons and is also one of the nation's most dangerous punt returners.

i

19. Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 58
Adebo, from the Dallas/Fort Worth area, has been a star for the Cardinal following a redshirt year in 2017, earning FWAA All-America second team in 2018. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound Adebo has tallied 88 tackles and five interceptions in 19 career games.

i

20. Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 123
The ESPN 300 alum has helped resurrect Texas football with his toughness and improvement throwing the football. Through two and half seasons, Ehlinger has passed for 6,865 yards and 53 touchdowns, along with rushing for 1,094 yards and 23 scores.

i

21. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 227
The former ESPN 300 prospect out of Louisiana has gone to another level as a junior with 636 yards and nine touchdowns in six games, following 853 yards and nine scores in his first two seasons in Tuscaloosa. He's one of the most explosive playmakers in college football.

i

22. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 18
Higgins came to Clemson out of Tennessee as a high-ceiling prospect and that potential is being realized. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound former Division I basketball prospect has hauled in 100 receptions for 1,830 yards and 17 touchdowns in 28 games.

i

23. CJ Henderson, CB, Florida
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 131
Henderson has starred in Gainesville since enrolling. After picking off four passes as a freshman, he has recorded 38 tackles, five pass breakups and two interceptions in 2018.

i

24. Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 74
The former Fort Worth-area star earned All-America honors following the 2018 season after catching 86 passes for 1,491 yards. Already with over 700 yards and seven scores in six games in 2019, Wallace is on pace for over 3,000 career receiving yards in Stillwater.

i

25. Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State
2017 ESPN 300 rank: NR
Hubbard arrived as a four-star prospect out of Canada, and has become one of the top running backs in college football after a redshirt season in 2017. After rushing for 740 yards and seven touchdowns in 2018, Hubbard is on pace for a 2,000 yard season in 2019 and has already scored 13 touchdowns in six games.

i

26. Robert Hainsey, OG, Notre Dame
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 31
The former No. 1-ranked guard prospect in the 2017 class is in his second year as a full-time starter for top 10-ranked Notre Dame. Hainsey's versatility remains a strength as the right tackle for the Fighting Irish and he could play RT or guard effectively in the NFL.

i

27. A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 94
The 6-foot-6, 280-pound Epenesa led the Hawkeyes in sacks in 2018 with 10.5, earning All-Big Ten honors by the media and coaches. Through two and half seasons, the ESPN 300 alum has 25 tackles for loss and 18 sacks.

Get the best of ESPN sent to your inbox
Privacy PolicyRead the Latest1676

i

28. Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 87
McKinney has become the top safety for the Crimson Tide. After ranking third on the team with 74 tackles in 2018, the 6-foot-1, 200-pound former Roswell High (Georgia) star has tallied 47 tackles and an interception in 2019 through six games.

i

29. Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona State
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 276
The ESPN 300 alum enjoyed a record-setting sophomore season in Tempe, rushing for 1,642 yards and scoring 16 touchdowns in 2018. Benjamin is headed for back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons with 529 yards rushing and seven scores midway through the 2019 season.

i

30. A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 106
The Under Armour All-America Game alum was a third-team All-ACC selection in 2018 after being credited with 53 tackles and a team-best three interceptions. He has posted 15 tackles and four pass breakups in six games this season.

i

31. Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 43
Reagor has been a star in Fort Worth from day one, earning Big 12 Co-Offensive Freshman of the Year in 2017, recording over 1,000 yards and nine touchdowns as a sophomore, and is starring yet again in 2019 despite some struggles at quarterback and on the offensive line for the Horned Frogs.

i

32. Thomas Graham Jr., CB, Oregon
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 49
Graham was named second-team All-Pac 12 in 2018 and has recorded over 100 tackles, 34 passes defended and seven interceptions in his career midway through his junior season.

i

33. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 247
Gross-Matos earned All-Big Ten honors in 2018 and is rising up NFL draft boards, having already been credited with 29.5 tackles for loss and 15 sacks in two and half years for the Nittany Lions.

i

34. Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 1
The former No. 1-ranked prospect in the 2017 class has not disappointed in Knoxville, despite dealing with health issues and struggles within the Volunteers' program. Smith was named All-SEC second team as a true freshman and was on his way to All-SEC and possibly All-America honors as a sophomore before having his season cut short due to health issues. He has started four games at right guard in 2019.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

35. AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College
Dillon has been a difference-maker for the Eagles since arriving in Chestnut Hill. The 6-foot, 250-pound downhill back has rushed for 3,442 yards and 30 touchdowns in 671 carries in 29 career games.

i

36. Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 9
The five-star prospect rushed for over 1,000 yards as a freshman and followed up with over 700 yards in 2018. Akers is on pace for a second season of more than 1,000 yards in 2019 with 616 yards and seven scores in six games.

i

37. Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 166
Ruggs is pound-for-pound one of the most gifted athletes in college football. After racking up 741 yards receiving and 11 touchdowns in 2018, the one-time basketball prospect is headed for a similar season in 2019 despite limited targets on a team with Jeudy, Smith and sophomore Jaylen Waddle.

i

38. Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 41
The former ESPN 300 prospect has been very good for the Bruins, despite the program's struggles. Holmes led the team in interceptions with three in 2018. The 5-foot-10, 198-pounder is closing in on 100 career tackles and has picked off seven passes in two and half seasons.

i

39. Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado
The former three-star prospect out of Texas power DeSoto High has become of the most feared wide receivers in college football with 107 receptions for 1,307 yards and eight touchdowns in his past 14 games played.

i

40. Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
Murray has been a starter on the past two Sooners playoff teams and has developed into one of the most productive players in the country, registering a jaw-dropping 155 tackles, and 4.5 sacks in 2018.

i

41. LaBryan Ray, DE, Alabama
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 17
When healthy, the former ESPN 300 prospect has been a difference-maker for the Crimson Tide. As a sophomore in 2018, the 6-foot-5, 292-pounder recorded 39 tackles, six tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks. Ray was expected to be an All-SEC defender in 2019, but a second foot injury in three years ended his junior season.

i

42. Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas
The former three-star prospect has taken off physically since arriving in Austin and has quickly become one of the top offensive tackles in college football after taking a redshirt year in 2017. After starting at right tackle in 2018, Cosmi moved to left tackle in 2019.

i

43. Wyatt Davis, OG, Ohio State
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 38
After redshirting as a freshman, Davis has become a key cog in the Buckeyes' running game at guard. After playing in 14 games with two starts to end the 2018 season, the 6-foot-4, 313-pound former St. John Bosco (California) standout has become a full-time starter in 2019 and is rising up NFL draft boards.

i

44. Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 11
Harris is starting as a junior after playing in the rotation his first two seasons in Tuscaloosa. Midway through his junior season, the versatile back has 1,604 yards rushing, 175 yards receiving and 12 touchdowns in 31 career games.

i

45. Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 6
Wade has become a key cog in the Buckeyes' defense after a redshirt season. After picking off three passes and registering 31 tackles in 2018, the former Jacksonville, Florida-area star is again a primary playmaker for an Ohio State defense that ranks among the nation's best.

i

46. K'Lavon Chaisson, OLB, LSU
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 34
The elite pass-rusher has battled injuries since arriving in Baton Rouge but has been a difference-maker when on the field. He tallied 13 tackles, four tackles for loss and two sacks in wins over Texas and Florida in 2019.

i

47. Austin Deculus, OT, LSU
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 19
The former ESPN 300 prospect has been a versatile lineman for the Tigers and is in his second season as a full-time starter. The 6-foot-7, 322-pound Deculus has made starts at both tackle spots since arriving in Baton Rouge but has settled in at right tackle.

i

48. Jacob Phillips, LB, LSU
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 141
The former ESPN 300 member has become a key defender for the Tigers, tallying 87 tackles in 2018, and is on pace for an even more productive season in 2019 with 44 stops midway through the regular season.

i

49. Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 4
The former five-star prospect became a key defender for the Seminoles as a sophomore in 2018, recording 42 tackles and 3.5 sacks in 12 games. The 6-foot-5, 311-pound Wilson is putting together another strong campaign in 2019 with 28 tackles and three sacks.

i

50. Jack Anderson, OG, Texas Tech
2017 ESPN 300 rank: 52
Anderson starred as a true freshman for the Red Raiders, starting all 13 games at right guard and earning Freshman All-America honors. He followed up his impressive freshman campaign with a second team All-Big 12 selection after starting all 12 games at right guard. Anderson was on track for another award-winning season until an upper body injury suffered against Oklahoma ended his junior year.