Essential The Official ESPN Insider Thread (ESPN+)

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i
24. Houston Texans

WR Will Fuller has been the player many expected him to be: He has averaged 14.3 yards per catch so far, but also has dropped 11.9 percent of his targets, which ranks 77th among 96 qualifying wideouts. Fellow WR Braxton Miller has seen 379 snaps on offense, but is averaging just 0.43 yards per route run, ranking 177th out of the 188 wide receivers to see the field this year. Will Fuller WR Notre Dame
2/50 Nick Martin C Notre Dame
3/85 Braxton Miller WR Ohio State
4/119 Tyler Ervin RB San Jose State
5/159 KJ Dillon S West Virginia
5/166 D.J. Reader DT Clemson

i
25. New York Jets

Arguably the biggest name among the Jets' draft picks was QB Christian Hackenberg, but he has been treated as a redshirt player in his rookie season. LB Darron Lee is struggling to live up to his athletic talents, ranking 85th out of 90 LBs in PFF grades. Jordan Jenkins has notched just 11 total pressures and one sack from 97 pass-rushing snaps. On offense, WR Charone Peake has flashed talent but hasn't performed consistently.

Darron Lee LB Ohio State
2/51 Christian Hackenberg QB Penn State
3/83 Jordan Jenkins LB Georgia
4/118 Juston Burris DB NC State
5/158 Brandon Shell OT South Carolina
7/235 Lachlan Edwards P Sam Houston State
7/241 Charone Peake WR Clemson

i
26. Indianapolis Colts

Center Ryan Kelly is the lone bright spot from the Colts' 2016 rookie class. Allowing zero sacks, two hits and 15 hurries on 559 snaps in pass protection, Kelly is currently the No. 23 center in PFF grades. Fellow rookie offensive lineman Joe Haeg has struggled as a starter, allowing eight sacks, eight hits and 31 hurries (he had a very hard time in Sunday's loss to Houston). No defensive rookie has made a strong impact.

Ryan Kelly C Alabama
2/57 T.J. Green S Clemson
3/82 Le'Raven Clark OT Texas Tech
4/116 Hassan Ridgeway DT Texas
4/125 Antonio Morrison OLB Florida
5/155 Joe Haeg OT North Dakota State
7/239 Trevor Bates OLB Maine
7/248 Austin Blythe C Iowa

i
27. Washington Redskins

Washington's rookie class pales in comparison to the rest of the NFC East, but there have been some bright spots. RB Rob Kelley has taken hold of the starting job in recent weeks. He's averaging 3.03 yards after contact per rush, fifth best in the NFL this season, and his 70.1 elusive rating ranks second overall. The only other impactful rookie is CB Kendall Fuller, who has been exposed at times in the slot. He has allowed a 121.9 quarterback rating when targeted, and his 1.84 yards allowed per coverage snap ranks eighth worst in the league.

Josh Doctson WR TCU
2/53 Su'a Cravens S Southern Cal
3/84 Kendall Fuller CB Virginia Tech
5/152 Matt Ioannidis DT Temple
6/187 Nate Sudfeld QB Indiana
7/232 Steven Daniels ILB Boston College
7/242 Keith Marshall RB Georgia

i
28. Cincinnati Bengals

Cincinnati lost its top pick, CB William Jackson III, to injury before the season began. He was then joined on the sideline by DT Andrew Billings, who had a real chance to finally unseat Domata Peko in the middle of the Bengals' defensive front. Injuries have forced wide receivers Tyler Boyd and Cody Core into more prominent roles as the season has worn on. Boyd has caught 72.7 percent of his targets, and Core hauled in a 50-yard catch against the Eagles in Week 13 that nearly went for a touchdown.

William Jackson III CB Houston
2/55 Tyler Boyd WR Pittsburgh
3/87 Nick Vigil ILB Utah State
4/122 Andrew Billings DT Baylor
5/161 Christian Westerman G Arizona State
6/199 Cody Core WR Ole Miss
7/245 Clayton Fejedelem S Illinois

i
29. Seattle Seahawks

Starting offensive linemen Germain Ifedi and George Fant are the lone wolves of Seattle's rookie class, although QB Trevone Boykin, WR Tanner McEvoy and C Joey Hunt have played sparingly as well. It doesn't take an offensive line guru to tell you that Ifedi and Fant have been liabilities in pass protection this season. Fant is No. 69 of 73 qualifying tackles in pass-blocking efficiency, and Ifedi is 73rd out of 78 qualifying guards. It hasn't been pretty for Russell Wilson.

Germain Ifedi OT Texas A&M
2/49 Jarran Reed DT Alabama
3/90 C.J. Prosise RB Notre Dame
3/94 Nick Vannett TE Ohio State
3/97 Rees Odhiambo G Boise State
5/147 Quinton Jefferson DT Maryland
5/171 Alex Collins RB Arkansas
6/215 Joey Hunt C TCU
7/243 Kenny Lawler WR California
7/247 Zac Brooks RB Clemson

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i
30. Minnesota Vikings

Vikings rookies have played a total of 269 snaps this season. First-round pick WR Laquon Treadwell has only 79 of those despite not missing time because of injury -- and that leads Minnesota's rookie class. For a team with such glaring holes that could be filled by rookies, particularly on the offensive line, it's a bit surprising.

Laquon Treadwell WR Ole Miss
2/54 Mackensie Alexander CB Clemson
4/121 Willie Beavers G Western Michigan
5/160 Kentrell Brothers ILB Missouri
6/180 Moritz Boehringer WR East
6/188 David Morgan TE Texas San Antonio
7/227 Stephen Weatherly OLB Vanderbilt
7/244 Jayron Kearse S Clemson

i
31. Arizona Cardinals

Arizona has received next to nothing from its rookie class. CB Brandon Williams looked poised to play a bigger role, but multiple coverage breakdowns in Weeks 1 and 2 got him benched for 10 games before his return last week in a loss to Miami. He allowed one catch for 11 yards on two targets, adding a pass breakup. He has managed just 116 total snaps on the season, the highest of any Arizona rookie.

Robert Nkemdiche DT Ole Miss
3/92 Brandon Williams CB Texas A&M
4/128 Evan Boehm G Missouri
5/167 Marqui Christian S Midwestern State University
5/170 Cole Toner OT Harvard
6/205 Harlan Miller CB SE Louisiana

i
32. Los Angeles Rams

The team that drafted No. 1 overall in April has received the least amount from its rookie class. QB Jared Goff leads the Rams' rookies with 236 snaps, and he didn't even see his first action until Week 11. The Cal product has struggled in his first four starts, earning the fifth-worst PFF grade among quarterbacks. He has had a very hard time when facing pressure in particular, owning the NFL's worst completion rate under duress (46.8 percent).

Round/Pick Name Pos College
1/1 Jared Goff QB California
4/110 Tyler Higbee TE Western Kentucky
4/117 Pharoh Cooper WR South Carolina
6/177 Temarrick Hemingway TE South Carolina State
6/190 Josh Forrest ILB Kentucky
6/206 Michael Thomas WR Southern Mississippi

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Ten players who should've made the Pro Bowl

The New Orleans Saints have allowed 29.5 points per game in their six victories this season, by far the highest figure in the NFL. They didn't claim those long-shot victories by accident. They won them largely because their quarterback, Drew Brees, has produced about as well as he ever has through 14 games in a season.

Brees' league-leading totals for passing yards and passing touchdowns were not enough for him to earn Pro Bowl honors Tuesday, making the veteran QB one of the more obvious snubs.

With input from NFL personnel evaluators, we take a look at 10 notable players who should've made the Pro Bowl team, starting with Brees and another NFC quarterback.

i

1. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints
Brees is once again covering for a brutally bad defense, but he can do only so much. None of the other 508 teams in ESPN's data warehouse dating back to 2001 has allowed as many points in its victories as the 29.5 figure for the Saints this season. That is an exceptionally high bar for the Brees-led offense to clear. It shows how much the Saints ask from their quarterback in relation to what others ask from theirs.

Brees' 14-game total for yardage (4,559) is the second-highest for his career. He also has 34 touchdown passes, a figure Brees has surpassed through 14 games just twice in his career previously. Brees is averaging a league-high 42.1 pass attempts per game.

i

2. Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit Lions
Stafford is the league leader in fourth-quarter comeback victories with eight, making him the other notable NFC quarterback left out as Dallas Cowboys rookie Dak Prescott joined obvious choices Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers on the all-conference roster.

No quarterback in Pro Football Reference's annals has as many fourth-quarter comeback victories in one season as Stafford has had this season.

Prescott is enjoying a fantastic rookie season for a team with the NFL's most dominating offensive line, a top-five running back in Ezekiel Elliott and front-line weapons in Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. Stafford is grinding along behind an improved line with no front-line running back and less margin for error.

"No question," an AFC personnel director said, "Stafford doesn't have near the supporting cast that Prescott has, but he keeps pulling out games for them."

i

3. Leonard Williams, DL, New York Jets
Williams is a very good player on a very bad team. He has seven sacks, 11 tackles for loss and 19 quarterback hurries. But with the Jets all but surrendering this season, it was apparently easy for Pro Bowl voters to focus their attention elsewhere.

"He is just an outstanding player by any stretch," one evaluator said.

i

4. Kevin Zeitler, G, Cincinnati Bengals
Zeitler lost out to AFC North rival David DeCastro, who ranks third in the NFL with 15 penalties this season, 10 more than Zeitler has committed.

"Zeitler is better than DeCastro, who is in Pittsburgh and gets credit for wearing that Steelers helmet," a personnel director said. "DeCastro is a good player, but not elite. Zeitler is getting overlooked. He is strong, good in pass pro, good on the run. There is nothing he cannot do."

i

5. Olivier Vernon, DE, New York Giants or Damon Harrison, DT, New York Giants
The Seahawks got two defensive linemen into the Pro Bowl. The Giants got none. The feeling was that Seattle's Cliff Avril was definitely deserving and that teammate Michael Bennett would have been more deserving had he not missed games to injury. Having both make the NFC squad at the expense of any Giants lineman qualifies as snub material.

Vernon has 8.5 sacks and 16 tackles for loss playing for a defense that has helped the Giants go 10-4 despite a lackluster offense. Harrison has a career-high 80 tackles, a rather amazing figure for a two-down run-stuffer listed at 350 pounds.

There were lots of choices here. Another Giants defensive lineman, Jason Pierre-Paul, was one. New Orleans' Cameron Jordan and Philadelphia's Brandon Graham were a couple of others.

i

6. Jimmy Graham, TE, Seattle Seahawks
Graham ranks second to Greg Olsen in receiving yards (816) and yards per reception (13.8) among NFC tight ends, but Jordan Reed got the nod to join Olsen on the roster.

Reed has a 61-59 edge over Graham in receptions, but he trails 816-646 in yardage and averages 2.2 fewer yards per catch. Tampa Bay's Cameron Brate also might have been a better choice than Reed, but Graham is in another category.

"My Lord, Graham is playing like a Pro Bowler," an AFC personnel evaluator said. "I would absolutely take him over Jordan Reed. Graham is a top-five tight end right now."

i

7. Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts
Ben Roethlisberger beat out Luck for the AFC squad. There's no shame in that. Roethlisberger was one of only three top-tier quarterbacks in our 2016 QB Tiers survey last summer. Luck has done more with less help this season, however. He is about the only reason Indy has a shot at finishing .500 or better with a shaky roster featuring the NFL's oldest starting defense.

i

8. K.J. Wright, LB, Seattle Seahawks
One personnel evaluator said he'd take Wright over teammate Bobby Wagner, who made the NFC Pro Bowl roster at middle linebacker. That was less a knock on Wagner than it was an acknowledgement of Wright, a do-it-all defender who rarely misses a tackle.

"I think Wright makes them go," one evaluator said. "He is instinctive. All he does is line up and play every game and produce. He is one of the more underrated players in the league."

i

9. Melvin Ingram, OLB, San Diego Chargers
Ingram has seven sacks and also plays the run effectively. He could have gotten the call over the Bills' Lorenzo Alexander or the Titans' Brian Orakpo, who made the AFC team at outside linebacker with Von Miller. Houston's Whitney Mercilus was another consideration here.

"Mercilus has had a good year, but Ingram has been rushing by himself for a lot of the year, 'til they got [Joey] Bosa going."

i

10. A.J. Bouye, CB, Houston Texans
Marcus Peters made the AFC team over Bouye, and the Chiefs cornerback has the interception numbers (five) to back it up. Bouye has only one pick. He might be the better coverage player at this point, although Peters has proved he'll take away the ball if tested frequently enough.

"Bouye has come out of left field," one evaluator said. "They ask him to play a lot of man coverage. He is very instinctive and a good cover player, but he hasn't taken away the ball, which Peters [has] shown he can do."

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
How to fix the big flaws on each of the NBA's four worst teams

What big flaw should each of the NBA's four worst teams fix in 2017?

Even if the playoffs are already out of reach, the Lakers, Nets, Sixers and Suns still have moves to make.

Philadelphia 76ers (No. 30 in BPI)

Big flaw: The pairing of Joel Embiid and Jahlil Okafor

i

Until No. 1 overall pick Ben Simmons returns, Philadelphia needs to find out which pieces already in the fold fit best alongside Joel Embiid, who has done more than merely show flashes of potential while still on a minutes restriction. Sporting a seemingly endless repertoire on the offensive end, he ranks in the top 10 in the NBA in points per 36 minutes while mixing in excellent footwork in the post and legitimate 3-point range.

Though head coach Brett Brown hasn't used Okafor and Embiid together often, things haven't gone well when Philly has tried the experiment.

With Embiid on court
Net Rating ORtg DRtg
With Okafor -21.5 95.8 117.3
Without Okafor 0.0 99.4 99.4
Overall -3.1 98.9 102.0

We're working with just an 80-minute sample, yet watching Sixers games tells you the same thing that the numbers do: Embiid and Okafor are simply an odd couple on the court together.

With both players on the floor, the 76ers have been outscored by 21.5 points per 100 possessions. In the 438 minutes that Embiid has played without Okafor, the Sixers have an even net rating, one that over the course of the season would place them between the Bulls and Grizzlies. Offensively there are obvious spacing issues and on defense the Sixers have been laughably bad, allowing 117 points per 100 possessions with both big men playing.

Embiid is already an elite rim protector. Not only would his 3.5 blocks per 36 minutes lead the NBA if he played enough minutes to qualify, but opposing players also are shooting just 42 percent against him at the rim, a figure that not only leads the 76ers but is among the best in the NBA. Meanwhile, Okafor is allowing 51 percent shooting at the rim (worse than Pau Gasol). His presence makes it easier for teams to pull Embiid away from the inside and also results in Embiid guarding quicker 4s, something that while he's capable of doing in a pinch, probably isn't where he's best utilized.

Solution Trade Okafor

Poor results over 80 minutes aren't enough alone to justify trading a former No. 3 pick, but the Sixers should still try to move Okafor before the deadline.

Simmons ought to get some time at the 4 next to Embiid when he returns (and so should Nerlens Noel and Dario Saric). And though he may not be an ideal pairing next to Embiid, 7-footers with Okafor's offensive potential are valuable. That he's also on the front end of a team-friendly rookie contract makes him an attractive piece for any team that needs post scoring.

There's more reason to find a deal now than maintain a crowded, partially disgruntled and messy frontcourt. If the 76ers can flip Okafor for a perimeter piece, they should do it.

Brooklyn Nets (29)

Big flaw: Lack of picks and young talent

i

In addition to their treasure trove of picks now controlled by the Celtics, the Nets don't have any young pieces of much value beyond Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. Chris McCullough, the team's 2015 first-rounder, appears to be a miss as he's averaged fewer than 6.0 MPG in 10 games this season. The only other player younger than 25 in their top 10 in minutes is former second-round pick Isaiah Whitehead.

Due to the pick swap with Boston, BPI projects the Nets to pick 23rd in the first round of what is expected to be a loaded draft at the top, and their 2018 first-rounder is headed straight to Boston.

Solution: Trade Brook Lopez

Lopez is having arguably the best season of his career and is easily the top player on the Nets' roster. Not only has he been one of the better offensive centers for several seasons, he has added a 3-point shot to his arsenal, too. Throw in the fact that he has missed just three games this season and it's likely the oft-injured center's stock will never be higher.

Lopez's contract -- $21 million this season and $22.6M in 2017-18, the final year of his deal -- makes a move tricky, but he's good enough and young enough at 28 that the Nets may be able to find a solid trade partner. And if not now, when? Keeping him until the summer of 2018 could mean losing him for nothing in free agency or dropping a fat max contract on a 30-plus big man when the franchise will likely still be far away from contention.

Luckily for Brooklyn their needs aren't limited in a trade. Get a young player with upside, another first-rounder in this draft and/or some future picks and it'll most likely be a net-positive.

Phoenix Suns (28)

Big flaw: Lineup musical chairs

i

The Suns have played five lottery picks age 23 or younger this season, a number matched only by the Minnesota Timberwolves and 76ers. While they may lack an obvious future superstar, they offer no shortage of intriguing, high-ceiling prospects, including Devin Booker, TJ Warren, Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender and Alex Len. There is more raw clay in the Phoenix desert than any potter would know what to do with.

Throw in the presence of Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, P.J. Tucker, Jared Dudley, Leandro Barbosa and Tyson Chandler -- all of whom have the game to command regular minutes -- and it becomes readily apparent that head coach Earl Watson almost has too many options.

The average NBA team has six different five-man lineups that have appeared in at least 10 games together. The Suns have one, tied with the Nets for the fewest in the NBA. The combination of Bledsoe, Booker, Tucker, Chriss and Chandler have appeared together in 16 of Phoenix's 31 games. The Suns have 32 different combinations of 3-man lineups that have played at least 150 minutes. None of them involve three of the 23-or-younger prospects.

If you consider Booker, Bender and Chriss the top three Suns prospects, at some point you'd want to see all three on the floor. So far this season, the three have shared the floor for a grand total of 15 minutes.

Solution: Unload some veterans

Tucker would likely be the easiest to move since he's in the final year of his contract and making just $5.3 million. He could provide a strong defensive presence on the wing for any contender.

Given the salary cap climate and going rate for productive rotation pieces, both Chandler and Dudley are also on relatively friendly deals. Dudley is on the hook for two more seasons after this at a combined cost of $19.5 million. Chandler comes at a steeper price as he's owed $13 million next season and $13.6 million the season after that. Though no longer the shot blocker he once was, Chandler is still an elite rebounder (his rebound rate of 23 percent ranks fifth in the NBA behind only Andre Drummond, Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan and Hassan Whiteside).

The Suns don't need to dump all of their vets, and it's not like they're short on young talent. They just don't need so much lineup clutter. Even if Tucker turned into an eventual draft-and-stash pick, it would be a useful step in not only creating space in the rotation short-term but also providing potential long-term stability.

Los Angeles Lakers (27)
Big flaw: The young and struggling defense

i

Playing NBA-caliber defense is hard, especially for young players. Put one or two gifted young athletes in a strong defensive unit and it's certainly possible for them to thrive, but when the system is almost entirely made up of them there are going to be speed bumps. Luke Walton's Lakers are no exception as they rank 29th in the NBA in defensive efficiency, allowing 109.8 points per 100 possessions.

They've particularly struggled when at least three pieces of their young core share the floor. Of the 10 three-man combinations featuring three of Jordan Clarkson, D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, Brandon Ingram and Larry Nance Jr., the only two with a better defensive rating than the team's 109.8 are Ingram-Nance-Clarkson and Ingram-Nance-Randle. In the 84 minutes that the cornerstone trio of Russell, Ingram and Randle have shared the floor, they've allowed more than 116 points per 100 possessions.

Solution: Just keep playing the kids

The only way to get better is to play. Since the Lakers have made it clear it's all about the future, the best move here is no big move.

Though no Laker is averaging more than 30 MPG, Walton is playing the young guns at critical moments. Randle, Clarkson, Ingram and Russell rank among the top five this season for the Lakers in clutch time played (final five minutes and the score within five points) along with super sub Lou Williams. While that has certainly played a part in the Lakers having the NBA's fourth-worst defense in those situations, it's part of a necessary learning curve.

Each of the young Lakers are making individual strides on the defensive end of the floor, according to ESPN's real plus-minus (RPM). A year after ranking outside the top 60 among point guards in defensive RPM, Russell is now inside the top 40. Randle has improved his DRPM from negative-1.55 to plus-0.27 and Nance now ranks among the top 20 power forwards, 10 spots ahead of noted defensive presence Serge Ibaka, among others.

Even Clarkson, whose DRPM of minus-2.14 rates below the likes of Kyrie Irving and Austin Rivers, has improved by that metric for the third straight season. Though Ingram ranks 79th out of 80 qualified small forwards, that was to be expected this early. The best thing the Lakers can do for all five is just keeping giving them opportunities -- and, hey, maybe it'll help them keep their pick.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
McShay's Top 32: McCaffrey, Fournette among elite RBs in '17 class

Here, we'll look at which players have moved up and down our Top 32, drawing on the same scouting reports as before and making changes only where necessary.

We'll continue to update our board as we get closer to the 2017 NFL draft. Although it's a given that some players will move into the rankings and others will drop out, this provides a good snapshot of which players currently have the most NFL potential, based on our evaluations.

Note: Underclassmen are marked with an asterisk.

i

1. Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU*
Grade: 95

Fournette will sit out LSU's bowl game because of the same left ankle injury that has been bothering him all season. He'll finish the season with only 144 touches, far below the 319 he had a season ago, which works to his benefit from a wear-and-tear standpoint. When fully healthy, Fournette is a big-play machine with a rare combination of size, power, agility and speed for the position. His angry running style is something at which to marvel and will translate well to the next level.

i

2. Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M*

Garrett is the best pure pass-rusher in this class. He has played through an ankle injury for much of this season and still finished fifth in the SEC with 15.0 tackles for loss (including 8.5 sacks). Garrett has a lethal combination of first-step quickness, bend, power and hand-to-hand combat skills. After adding 10 pounds of muscle in the offseason, he has been stronger setting the edge in the running game.

i

3. Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
Grade: 94

Allen, who lines up all over Alabama's D-line, hasn't been quite as productive from a sack standpoint (8.5 versus 12.0), but don't be fooled: He has been every bit the game plan-wrecker, with 15 QB hurries and 13 total tackles for loss. Allen has an excellent combination of quickness and power and is one of the best interior pass-rushers we've studied in this draft class. He constantly pushes the pocket and brings tremendous experience to the table, with 54 games played.

i

4. Jamal Adams, S, LSU*
Grade: 93

Adams is one of the most complete players in this class. He's is a true difference-maker as an in-the-box defender, racking up six tackles for loss in his past six games. Even though he has room to improve his technique in coverage, Adams has shown his ceiling in that area on multiple occasions. He has an excellent blend of size, length and athleticism, and it shows up on tape.

i

5. Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
Grade: 92

Foster is one of the better inside linebacker prospects in recent memory. He just flies to the ball. When he gets there, he shows explosive tackling ability. Foster has 10.5 tackles for loss in his past seven games and 27 more total tackles this season than his next-best teammate. For a player his size (240 pounds), Foster shows a good combination of agility and speed.

i

6. Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan*

Peppers is a polarizing player because it's a little tricky to find him a true position, but I see him as a great fit for the modern NFL. He has the speed and athleticism to thrive in space and the toughness to play bigger than his 205-pound frame. Think of Peppers as a hybrid player at the next level -- a Deone Bucannon-type -- who can help your team in a lot of ways (he finished the regular season with 15.0 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, seven QB hurries, three rushing TDs and one punt-return TD). The biggest concern for me is his a lack of ball production at Michigan (he has only one career interception).

i

7. Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State*
Grade: 91

Cook -- who broke the 2,000 total yards mark in the Seminoles' regular-season finale -- can truly do it all. He makes defenders miss with subtle changes in direction, and he doesn't need much of a crease to rattle off a big play. At 5-foot-11, 213 pounds, Cook is tied for second among all Power 5 RBs this season with 15 touches of 25 yards or more.

i

8. Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State*

A first-year starter, Lattimore is more naturally gifted than former Ohio State CB Eli Apple, who went No. 10 overall to the Giants in the 2016 draft. At 6-foot, 192 pounds, Lattimore has good length and really fluid movement skills. He has taken full advantage of his spike in playing time, with four interceptions and nine pass breakups this season.

i

9. Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
Grade: 90

Williams wasn't playing as consistent as you'd hope to start the season, but he has proved to be a disruptive player, posting 14 of his 15.5 total tackles for loss against SEC opponents. He has excellent first-step quickness, explosive power and a really high ceiling. But teams will have to take into account Williams' character; he was arrested earlier this season on a misdemeanor gun charge.

i

10. Mike Williams, WR, Clemson*

Williams scored 10 touchdowns in a nine-game span this season and showed all the skills you look for in a legit No. 1 NFL wide receiver. He shows an excellent ability to create late separation when the ball is in the air. At 6-foot-3, Williams has a good size-speed combination.

i

11. Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State*

McDowell missed the regular season's final three games because of an ankle injury, and before that, his film and production (1.5 sacks, 7.0 TFLs) had taken a dive from last season. He just isn't the consistent grinder who typically comes out of Michigan State. But McDowell has elite athleticism and can play multiple positions along the D-line at the next level.

i

12. Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee*
Grade: 89

Barnett leads the SEC in both tackles for loss (18.0) and sacks (12.0). Perhaps more impressive, all of his sacks came against SEC opponents. Barnett is efficient at keeping blockers off his frame, and he plays with good discipline, a consistent motor and impressive physicality. He has terrific intangibles and finds a way to affect the game in multiple ways with his natural instincts.

i

13. Jarrad Davis, OLB, Florida

Davis finds so many ways to affect a game. He makes plays in the backfield (six tackles for loss and five QB hurries) and is athletic enough to hold up in coverage. Plus, Davis showed great toughness playing through a severely sprained ankle against Georgia to record 2.5 tackles for loss earlier this season. He reminds me a little of Bucs OLB Kwon Alexander because of his excellent range and relentless motor.

i

14. Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida*

Brantley is more of a disruptor than someone who is going to put up eye-popping production. He has a good combination of quickness and functional strength to excel as an interior player at the next level. When he's at his best -- as he was in back-to-back games against LSU and Florida State (5.0 tackles for loss) -- Brantley can be a load to handle in the running game.

i

15. Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama*

Robinson has been a force for Alabama, particularly in the running game, where the Crimson Tide averaged 260 rushing yards per game in SEC play. He consistently drives defenders off the ball when he's playing with leverage. But I'd like to see more consistency in pass protection, and teams will need to investigate Robinson's character after an arrest in May 2016 for possession of marijuana and illegal possession of a stolen firearm (charges were eventually dropped).

i

16. Teez Tabor, CB, Florida*

Tabor has some of the best ball skills among cornerbacks in this draft class, with four interceptions, five pass breakups and a defensive TD in 11 games. His technique still has some room to grow, but it's hard to ignore Tabor's natural anticipation and elite production, including five interceptions and 22 pass breakups in the two seasons before this one.

i

17. D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas

Foreman's stock has exploded this season, as he ranks first in the FBS with 184.4 rushing yards per game. At 6-foot-1 and 249 pounds, Foreman is a load to bring down, and he has really good feet for his size. He creates a ton of yards after contact each week, and he doesn't get tackled in the backfield very often. As a bonus, Foreman is excellent in pass protection.

i

18. John Ross, WR, Washington
Grade: 88

Ross has always had great speed, but he improved his route running this year and saw immediate dividends with a 17-touchdown season. After showing an ability to handle physical coverage this season, I'm looking forward to watching him against Alabama's secondary in the CFP semis. If he runs as fast as expected at the NFL combine, Ross could very well be a first-rounder.

i

19. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC*

Smith-Schuster had 368 yards and six TDs in a three-game span in October before battling through injuries and seeing his production fall off a bit. When healthy, he shows really good run-after-catch ability, and he has the size (6-foot-2, 220 pounds), ball skills and toughness to be in the first-round mix.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

20. Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA

McKinley has been one of this season's biggest draft risers. He parlayed his elite speed off the edge into 18.0 tackles for loss and 10.0 sacks in 11 games (both of which are second in the Pac-12). To put that in perspective, McKinley had 11.0 total TFLs and 7.0 sacks in his first two seasons combined. He brings a ton of upside to the table.

i

21. Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin

Ramczyk transferred to Wisconsin after two seasons at UW-Stevens Points (Division III), and he has been absolutely dominant this season. With an ideal frame (6-foot-6, 314 pounds) and long arms, Ramczyk has been very consistent as a run-blocker and in pass protection for the Badgers.

i

22. Charles Harris, DE, Missouri*

Harris finished the regular season on a tear, with 5.5 sacks, six QB hurries and a forced fumble in his final four games. This comes after he led the SEC with 18.5 tackles for loss in 2015. A twitchy athlete off the edge, Harris is just scratching the surface as a pass-rusher. If he adds some bulk to his frame, watch out.

i

23. O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

At 6-foot-6, 251 pounds, Howard's size-speed combination gives him a lot of upside, but his production has been streaky in Alabama's run-heavy offense. Don't forget: This is the guy who posted 208 receiving yards and two TDs in last year's College Football Playoff National Championship.

i

24. Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan*

Lewis has some size limitations (5-foot-11, 186 pounds), but he's the top man-to-man cover corner I saw in college football this season. He had one of the best interceptions you'll ever see, and in the last five games of the regular season, he accumulated seven pass breakups and another pick. Lewis has shown the ability to lock down half the field with regularity.

i

25. Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida*

I haven't watched as much tape on Wilson as I have on his teammate Tabor, but some scouts I've talked to think Wilson's ceiling is higher. At 6-foot-1, he has a good length/speed combination, and he's experienced, with 38 games played including 23 starts.

i

26. Jake Butt, TE, Michigan*
Grade: 87

Much like Alabama's Howard, Butt isn't going to put up incredible numbers in a Michigan offense that ranks 95th in the FBS with 27.7 pass attempts per game. But he's very reliable (43 catches, 518 yards, four TDs), and at 6-foot-6, 250 pounds, he will be able to stretch the seam in the NFL and make tough catches in traffic.

i

27. Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn*

Lawson has shown just how explosive he can be after coming off back-to-back injury-plagued seasons. He has 24 QB hurries this season. He has a great combination of production, upside and intangibles. Also an elite run defender, Lawson has the skill set of a potential first-rounder if his long-term medical prognosis comes up clean.

i

28. Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

McGlinchey is long enough to protect the edge against most speed-rushers when his footwork is sound. With that said, he's best suited to initially play on the right side in the NFL. He flashes a nasty disposition and gets under the skin of defenders.

i

29. Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford*

McCaffrey's college career is over, after he announced Monday that he'll be skipping the Sun Bowl to start prepping for the NFL draft. He finished the season on a tear against some overmatched defenses (222.4 total yards per game and 12 TDs in his final five contests). From rushing to receiving to returning, McCaffrey was asked to do a ton for the Cardinal, and he delivered with a rare combination of vision, lateral agility and acceleration.

i

30. Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina*

In his first year as a full-time starter, Trubisky has shown good accuracy (68.9 completion percentage) and an ability to limit mistakes (only four turnovers all season). Trubisky's 12 career starts are a bit concerning, as the history of quarterbacks leaving school early without a ton of game reps isn't great (just look at Mark Sanchez). The ability is certainly there with Trubisky, but you want to see more of a sample size. I'd advise him to return to school to get more reps, a decision that's easier said than done, given the lack of top-end QB talent in this draft class and the number of teams drafting in the top 10 that need new blood at the position.

i

31. Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame*

Nelson has established himself as one of the best guards in the country. He shows good effort, toughness and technique in the running game, and it's tough for pass-rushers to get around his 6-foot-5, 325-pound frame. Nelson projects as a day one NFL starter.

i

32. Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech*

A three-year starter, Hodges has 20 touchdowns in that span, best in the FBS among Power 5 tight ends. Seven of those scores came this season, as he proved to be a big target who is versatile enough to move around the formation. Long, fast and athletic, Hodges is a tough matchup for smaller cornerbacks when split out wide.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
How to fix the big flaws on each of the NBA's four worst teams

What big flaw should each of the NBA's four worst teams fix in 2017?

Even if the playoffs are already out of reach, the Lakers, Nets, Sixers and Suns still have moves to make.

Philadelphia 76ers (No. 30 in BPI)

Big flaw: The pairing of Joel Embiid and Jahlil Okafor

i

Until No. 1 overall pick Ben Simmons returns, Philadelphia needs to find out which pieces already in the fold fit best alongside Joel Embiid, who has done more than merely show flashes of potential while still on a minutes restriction. Sporting a seemingly endless repertoire on the offensive end, he ranks in the top 10 in the NBA in points per 36 minutes while mixing in excellent footwork in the post and legitimate 3-point range.

Though head coach Brett Brown hasn't used Okafor and Embiid together often, things haven't gone well when Philly has tried the experiment.

With Embiid on court
Net Rating ORtg DRtg
With Okafor -21.5 95.8 117.3
Without Okafor 0.0 99.4 99.4
Overall -3.1 98.9 102.0

We're working with just an 80-minute sample, yet watching Sixers games tells you the same thing that the numbers do: Embiid and Okafor are simply an odd couple on the court together.

With both players on the floor, the 76ers have been outscored by 21.5 points per 100 possessions. In the 438 minutes that Embiid has played without Okafor, the Sixers have an even net rating, one that over the course of the season would place them between the Bulls and Grizzlies. Offensively there are obvious spacing issues and on defense the Sixers have been laughably bad, allowing 117 points per 100 possessions with both big men playing.

Embiid is already an elite rim protector. Not only would his 3.5 blocks per 36 minutes lead the NBA if he played enough minutes to qualify, but opposing players also are shooting just 42 percent against him at the rim, a figure that not only leads the 76ers but is among the best in the NBA. Meanwhile, Okafor is allowing 51 percent shooting at the rim (worse than Pau Gasol). His presence makes it easier for teams to pull Embiid away from the inside and also results in Embiid guarding quicker 4s, something that while he's capable of doing in a pinch, probably isn't where he's best utilized.

Solution Trade Okafor

Poor results over 80 minutes aren't enough alone to justify trading a former No. 3 pick, but the Sixers should still try to move Okafor before the deadline.

Simmons ought to get some time at the 4 next to Embiid when he returns (and so should Nerlens Noel and Dario Saric). And though he may not be an ideal pairing next to Embiid, 7-footers with Okafor's offensive potential are valuable. That he's also on the front end of a team-friendly rookie contract makes him an attractive piece for any team that needs post scoring.

There's more reason to find a deal now than maintain a crowded, partially disgruntled and messy frontcourt. If the 76ers can flip Okafor for a perimeter piece, they should do it.

Brooklyn Nets (29)

Big flaw: Lack of picks and young talent

i

In addition to their treasure trove of picks now controlled by the Celtics, the Nets don't have any young pieces of much value beyond Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. Chris McCullough, the team's 2015 first-rounder, appears to be a miss as he's averaged fewer than 6.0 MPG in 10 games this season. The only other player younger than 25 in their top 10 in minutes is former second-round pick Isaiah Whitehead.

Due to the pick swap with Boston, BPI projects the Nets to pick 23rd in the first round of what is expected to be a loaded draft at the top, and their 2018 first-rounder is headed straight to Boston.

Solution: Trade Brook Lopez

Lopez is having arguably the best season of his career and is easily the top player on the Nets' roster. Not only has he been one of the better offensive centers for several seasons, he has added a 3-point shot to his arsenal, too. Throw in the fact that he has missed just three games this season and it's likely the oft-injured center's stock will never be higher.

Lopez's contract -- $21 million this season and $22.6M in 2017-18, the final year of his deal -- makes a move tricky, but he's good enough and young enough at 28 that the Nets may be able to find a solid trade partner. And if not now, when? Keeping him until the summer of 2018 could mean losing him for nothing in free agency or dropping a fat max contract on a 30-plus big man when the franchise will likely still be far away from contention.

Luckily for Brooklyn their needs aren't limited in a trade. Get a young player with upside, another first-rounder in this draft and/or some future picks and it'll most likely be a net-positive.

Phoenix Suns (28)

Big flaw: Lineup musical chairs

i

The Suns have played five lottery picks age 23 or younger this season, a number matched only by the Minnesota Timberwolves and 76ers. While they may lack an obvious future superstar, they offer no shortage of intriguing, high-ceiling prospects, including Devin Booker, TJ Warren, Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender and Alex Len. There is more raw clay in the Phoenix desert than any potter would know what to do with.

Throw in the presence of Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, P.J. Tucker, Jared Dudley, Leandro Barbosa and Tyson Chandler -- all of whom have the game to command regular minutes -- and it becomes readily apparent that head coach Earl Watson almost has too many options.

The average NBA team has six different five-man lineups that have appeared in at least 10 games together. The Suns have one, tied with the Nets for the fewest in the NBA. The combination of Bledsoe, Booker, Tucker, Chriss and Chandler have appeared together in 16 of Phoenix's 31 games. The Suns have 32 different combinations of 3-man lineups that have played at least 150 minutes. None of them involve three of the 23-or-younger prospects.

If you consider Booker, Bender and Chriss the top three Suns prospects, at some point you'd want to see all three on the floor. So far this season, the three have shared the floor for a grand total of 15 minutes.

Solution: Unload some veterans

Tucker would likely be the easiest to move since he's in the final year of his contract and making just $5.3 million. He could provide a strong defensive presence on the wing for any contender.

Given the salary cap climate and going rate for productive rotation pieces, both Chandler and Dudley are also on relatively friendly deals. Dudley is on the hook for two more seasons after this at a combined cost of $19.5 million. Chandler comes at a steeper price as he's owed $13 million next season and $13.6 million the season after that. Though no longer the shot blocker he once was, Chandler is still an elite rebounder (his rebound rate of 23 percent ranks fifth in the NBA behind only Andre Drummond, Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan and Hassan Whiteside).

The Suns don't need to dump all of their vets, and it's not like they're short on young talent. They just don't need so much lineup clutter. Even if Tucker turned into an eventual draft-and-stash pick, it would be a useful step in not only creating space in the rotation short-term but also providing potential long-term stability.

Los Angeles Lakers (27)
Big flaw: The young and struggling defense

i

Playing NBA-caliber defense is hard, especially for young players. Put one or two gifted young athletes in a strong defensive unit and it's certainly possible for them to thrive, but when the system is almost entirely made up of them there are going to be speed bumps. Luke Walton's Lakers are no exception as they rank 29th in the NBA in defensive efficiency, allowing 109.8 points per 100 possessions.

They've particularly struggled when at least three pieces of their young core share the floor. Of the 10 three-man combinations featuring three of Jordan Clarkson, D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, Brandon Ingram and Larry Nance Jr., the only two with a better defensive rating than the team's 109.8 are Ingram-Nance-Clarkson and Ingram-Nance-Randle. In the 84 minutes that the cornerstone trio of Russell, Ingram and Randle have shared the floor, they've allowed more than 116 points per 100 possessions.

Solution: Just keep playing the kids

The only way to get better is to play. Since the Lakers have made it clear it's all about the future, the best move here is no big move.

Though no Laker is averaging more than 30 MPG, Walton is playing the young guns at critical moments. Randle, Clarkson, Ingram and Russell rank among the top five this season for the Lakers in clutch time played (final five minutes and the score within five points) along with super sub Lou Williams. While that has certainly played a part in the Lakers having the NBA's fourth-worst defense in those situations, it's part of a necessary learning curve.

Each of the young Lakers are making individual strides on the defensive end of the floor, according to ESPN's real plus-minus (RPM). A year after ranking outside the top 60 among point guards in defensive RPM, Russell is now inside the top 40. Randle has improved his DRPM from negative-1.55 to plus-0.27 and Nance now ranks among the top 20 power forwards, 10 spots ahead of noted defensive presence Serge Ibaka, among others.

Even Clarkson, whose DRPM of minus-2.14 rates below the likes of Kyrie Irving and Austin Rivers, has improved by that metric for the third straight season. Though Ingram ranks 79th out of 80 qualified small forwards, that was to be expected this early. The best thing the Lakers can do for all five is just keeping giving them opportunities -- and, hey, maybe it'll help them keep their pick.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
McShay's Top 32: Alabama and Clemson stars dot rankings

Here, we'll look at which players have moved up and down our Top 32, drawing on the same scouting reports as before and making changes only where necessary.

We'll continue to update our board as we get closer to the 2017 NFL draft. Although it's a given that some players will move into the rankings and others will drop out, this provides a good snapshot of which players currently have the most NFL potential, based on our evaluations.

Note: Underclassmen are marked with an asterisk.

i

1. Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M*

For the first time this season, Garrett moves to No. 1 on my board. This is the best pure pass-rusher in the 2017 draft. Garrett has played through an ankle injury for much of this season and still finished tied for sixth in the SEC with 15.0 tackles for loss (including 8.5 sacks). He has a lethal combination of first-step quickness, bend, power and hand-to-hand combat skills. After adding 10 pounds of muscle in the offseason, he has been stronger setting the edge in the running game.

i

2. Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama

Allen has 7.5 tackles for loss in his past four games. He's a true game-wrecker, with 15 QB hurries and 9.5 sacks. Allen's excellent combination of quickness and power makes him one of the best interior pass-rushers we've studied in this draft class. He constantly pushes the pocket and brings tremendous experience to the table, with 55 games played.

i

3. Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU*

Fournette, who had a nagging ankle injury all season, finished the year with only 144 touches, far below the 319 he had a season ago. That works to his benefit from a wear-and-tear standpoint. When fully healthy, Fournette is a big-play machine with a rare combination of size, power, agility and speed for the position. His angry running style is something to marvel at, and it will translate well to the next level.

i

4. Jamal Adams, S, LSU*

Adams is one of the most complete players in this class. He's is a true difference-maker as an in-the-box defender, racking up 7.0 tackles for loss in his past seven games. Even though he has room to improve his technique in coverage, Adams has shown his ceiling in that area on multiple occasions. He has an excellent blend of size, length and athleticism, and it shows up on tape.

i

5. Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama

Foster is one of the better inside linebacker prospects in recent memory. He just flies to the ball, and when he gets there, he shows explosive tackling ability. Foster has 10.5 tackles for loss in his past nine games and 28 more total tackles this season than his next-best teammate. For a player his size (240 pounds), Foster shows a good combination of agility and speed.

i

6. Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State*

Cook -- who ranked second in the FBS with 2,253 total yards this season -- can truly do it all. He makes defenders miss with subtle changes in direction, and he doesn't need much of a crease to rattle off a big play. At 5-foot-11, 213 pounds, Cook is a big play waiting to happen (18 touches of 25 yards or more this season, tied for first among all Power 5 RBs).

i

7. Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State*

A first-year starter, Lattimore is more naturally gifted than former Ohio State CB Eli Apple, who went No. 10 overall to the Giants in the 2016 draft. At 6-foot, 192 pounds, Lattimore has good length and really fluid movement skills. He took full advantage of his spike in playing time, with four interceptions and nine pass breakups this season.

i

8. Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan*

Peppers is a polarizing player because it's a little tricky to find him a true position, but I see him as a great fit for the modern NFL. He has the speed and athleticism to thrive in space and the toughness to play bigger than his 205-pound frame. Think of Peppers as a hybrid player at the next level -- a Deone Bucannon-type -- who can help your team in a lot of ways (he finished the regular season with 15.0 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, seven QB hurries, three rushing TDs and one punt-return TD). The biggest concern for me is his lack of ball production at Michigan (he has only one career interception).

i

9. Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee*

Barnett led the SEC in both tackles for loss (19.0) and sacks (13.0). Perhaps more impressive, all but one of his sacks came against SEC opponents. Barnett is efficient at keeping blockers off his frame, and he plays with good discipline, a consistent motor and impressive physicality. He has terrific intangibles and finds a way to affect the game in multiple ways with his natural instincts.

i

10. Mike Williams, WR, Clemson*

Williams scored 10 touchdowns in a nine-game span this season and showed all the skills you look for in a legit No. 1 NFL wide receiver. He shows an excellent ability to create late separation when the ball is in the air. At 6-foot-3, Williams has a good size-speed combination.

i

11. Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State

Only two players in college football had more interceptions this season than Hooker's seven picks. In his first season as a starter in Columbus, Hooker showed great instincts and range in coverage. He always seems to be around the ball, and as a redshirt sophomore who has already declared for the draft, Hooker has a lot of upside.

i

12. Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama

Williams wasn't playing as consistently as you'd hope to start the season, but he proved to be a disruptive player down the stretch (14.5 tackles for loss in his final 10 games). He has excellent first-step quickness, explosive power and a really high ceiling. But teams will have to take into account Williams' character; he was arrested earlier this season on a misdemeanor gun charge.

i

13. Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan

Charlton finished the season on a tear, compiling 10 sacks in his final 10 games. He has always had the raw ability, but this season, he showed more consistency and refined technique. Charlton has the ability to be an edge defender in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme in the NFL.

i

14. Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State*

McDowell missed the regular season's final three games because of an ankle injury, and before that, his film and production (1.5 sacks, 7.0 TFLs) had taken a dive from last season. He just isn't the consistent grinder who typically comes out of Michigan State. But McDowell has elite athleticism and can play multiple positions along the D-line at the next level.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

15. Charles Harris, DE, Missouri*

Harris finished the regular season on a tear, with 5.5 sacks, six QB hurries and a forced fumble in his final four games. That came after he led the SEC with 18.5 tackles for loss in 2015. A twitchy athlete off the edge, Harris is just scratching the surface as a pass-rusher. If he adds some bulk to his frame, watch out.

i

16. Jarrad Davis, OLB, Florida

Davis was hampered by an ankle injury toward the end of the season, but when healthy, he finds so many ways to affect a game. He makes plays in the backfield (six tackles for loss and five QB hurries) and is athletic enough to hold up in coverage. Davis reminds me a little of Bucs OLB Kwon Alexander because of his excellent range and relentless motor.

i

17. Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida*

Brantley is more of a disruptor than someone who is going to put up eye-popping production. He has a good combination of quickness and functional strength to excel as an interior player at the next level. When at his best -- as he was in back-to-back games against LSU and Florida State (5.0 tackles for loss) -- Brantley can be a load to handle in the running game.

i

18. Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama*

Robinson has been a force for Alabama, particularly in the running game, in which the Crimson Tide averaged 260 rushing yards per game in SEC play. He consistently drives defenders off the ball when he's playing with leverage. But I'd like to see more consistency in pass protection, and teams will need to investigate Robinson's character after an arrest in May 2016 for possession of marijuana and illegal possession of a stolen firearm (charges were eventually dropped).

i

19. Teez Tabor, CB, Florida*

Tabor has some of the best ball skills among cornerbacks in this draft class, with four interceptions, five pass breakups and a defensive TD in 11 games. His technique still has some room to grow, but it's hard to ignore Tabor's natural anticipation and elite production, including five interceptions and 22 pass breakups in the two seasons before this one.

i

20. D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas*

Foreman's stock has exploded this season, as he ranked first in the FBS with 184.4 rushing yards per game. At 6-foot-1 and 249 pounds, Foreman is a load to bring down, and he has really good feet for his size. He creates a ton of yards after contact each week, and he doesn't get tackled in the backfield very often. As a bonus, Foreman is excellent in pass protection.

i

21. John Ross, WR, Washington

Ross has always had great speed, but he improved his route running this year and saw immediate dividends with a 17-touchdown season. His stock shot up this season after he showed the ability to handle physical coverage. If he runs as fast as expected at the NFL combine, Ross could very well be a first-rounder.

i

22. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC*

Smith-Schuster had 368 yards and six TDs in a three-game span in October before he battled through injuries and saw his production fall off a bit. He looked explosive -- and healthy -- in USC's Rose Bowl win over Penn State (seven catches, 133 yards and one touchdown). Smith-Schuster shows really good run-after-catch ability, and he has the size (6-foot-2, 220 pounds), ball skills and toughness to be in the first-round mix.

i

23. Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA

McKinley has been one of this season's biggest draft risers. He parlayed his elite speed off the edge into 18.0 tackles for loss and 10.0 sacks in 11 games (both of which are second in the Pac-12). To put that in perspective, McKinley had 11.0 total TFLs and 7.0 sacks in his first two seasons combined. He brings a ton of upside to the table.

i

24. Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin*

Ramczyk transferred to Wisconsin after two seasons at UW-Stevens Points (Division III), and he was absolutely dominant this season. With an ideal frame (6-foot-6, 314 pounds) and long arms, Ramczyk proved to be very consistent as a run-blocker and in pass protection. He recently confirmed that he played through a hip injury and is still weighing whether he needs to undergo surgery.

i

25. O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

At 6-foot-6, 251 pounds, Howard's size-speed combination gives him a lot of upside as a big-play threat in the NFL, but his production has been streaky in Alabama's run-heavy offense. Don't forget: This is the guy who posted 208 receiving yards and two TDs in last year's College Football Playoff National Championship.

i

26. Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida*

I haven't watched as much tape on Wilson as I have on his teammate Tabor, but some scouts I've talked to think Wilson's ceiling is higher. At 6-foot-1, he has a good length/speed combination, and he's experienced, with 39 games played, including 24 starts.

i

27. Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan

Lewis has some size limitations (5-foot-11, 186 pounds), but he's the top man-to-man cover corner I saw in college football this season. He had one of the best interceptions you'll ever see, and in the last six games of the season, he accumulated eight pass breakups and another pick. Lewis has shown the ability to lock down half the field with regularity.

i

28. Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn*

Lawson has shown just how explosive he can be after coming off back-to-back injury-plagued seasons. He has 24 QB hurries this season. He has a great combination of production, upside and intangibles. Also an elite run defender, Lawson has the skill set of a potential first-rounder if his long-term medical prognosis comes up clean.

i

29. Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

McGlinchey is long enough to protect the edge against most speed-rushers when his footwork is sound. That said, he's best suited to initially play on the right side in the NFL. He flashes a nasty disposition and gets under the skin of defenders.

i

30. Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford*

McCaffrey finished the season on a tear against some overmatched defenses (222.4 total yards per game and 12 TDs in his final five contests). From rushing to receiving to returning, McCaffrey was asked to do a ton for the Cardinal, and he delivered with a rare combination of vision, lateral agility and acceleration.

i

31. DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State

A hugely productive senior, Walker ranked second in the FBS this season with 16.0 sacks, and he was second overall on his teams in tackles (67). Walker is quite the film junkie, and he clearly bought into the process this season, with the results speaking for themselves. He lacks an elite size/speed combo, but Walker does a nice job of maximizing his tools.

i

32. Budda Baker, S, Washington*

At 5-foot-10 and 192 pounds, Baker is an undersized safety prospect, but when you watch the film, he's all over the field. A three-year starter, Baker was the only Pac-12 defensive back to finish this season with double-digit tackles for loss. He also added two interceptions and six pass breakups.