The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The duet between Jamal and lucious at the old house was cringe worthy

most of the music on here is cringeworthy PERIOD.

:scusthov:

:sas2:

Black wealth going back to white hands. Bad enough that Andre is light skinned, cause his kids will look like Blake Griffin.

i smell a swerve coming. that kid aint his, like homie said earlier..........might be mines.:jawalrus:

besides, blake griffin pops is dark.:ehh:

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I didn't bring it up in my argument. I'm on your side. You're arguing with so many damn people you're losing track :russ:

yea i want to apologize for that again. i might apologize one more time tommorrow.

man, i lost it last night.:wow:

i also want to apologize to anyone i offended. @7Revo......you still wrong tho. but i apologize if i was harsh.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
yall know what really chits my grits concerning this show?

the lack of authenticity. not just the horrible way that they portray hip-hop. and im not even gonna mention the bait-n-switch where you watch the show and its really an r&b series.

what i cant stand the most is the horrible time-stamps on the flashbacks. when they flashback to different time periods, the settings are all over the place. like when they went back to the early '00s when andre had his 1st breakdown, and it looked like the early '90s instead.

i brought this up to my pops and he kinda brushed it off as just TV. but when he saw that episode the other day where they flashed back to the '90s, and he saw lucious wearing some chit that he rocked in the '70s, he was highly critical.:laugh: then when i called him out on his hypocrisy, he still wouldnt double-back and give me my reparations. SMH.

with that said, i can enjoy this show as a primtime soap opera. its pushing for goat status. BUT this should never ever be mentioned as a great hip-hop series. you can tell this show is the mastermind of a faq and some middle-aged white men.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
most of the music on here is cringeworthy PERIOD.

:scusthov:

i smell a swerve coming. that kid aint his, like homie said earlier..........might be mines.:jawalrus:

besides, blake griffin pops is dark.:ehh:

Yeah, but Andres MBA having ass be bi polar on top of his white wife bodying Vernon on top of everything :laugh:

Now that near white baby gonna be a part of some other shyt.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
yall know what really chits my grits concerning this show?

the lack of authenticity. not just the horrible way that they portray hip-hop. and im not even gonna mention the bait-n-switch where you watch the show and its really an r&b series.
  • well.. if you look at hip hop right now it's mostly an R&B series also... :francis:
what i cant stand the most is the horrible time-stamps on the flashbacks. when they flashback to different time periods, the settings are all over the place. like when they went back to the early '00s when andre had his 1st breakdown, and it looked like the early '90s instead.

• Church ..

i brought this up to my pops and he kinda brushed it off as just TV. but when he saw that episode the other day where they flashed back to the '90s, and he saw lucious wearing some chit that he rocked in the '70s, he was highly critical.:laugh: then when i called him out on his hypocrisy, he still wouldnt double-back and give me my reparations. SMH.

• I agree with your Pops. You're still wrong because at the end of the day you are applying logic to a fukkin reminiscent thought from a fictional character in a theatrical performance. C'mon son. :mjlol:
with that said, i can enjoy this show as a primtime soap opera. its pushing for goat status. BUT this should never ever be mentioned as a great hip-hop series. you can tell this show is the mastermind of a faq and some middle-aged white men.

• Let me ask you this. What is Hip-hop to you. ? Have you ever went outside ..found some thrown away cardboard boxes ..put them together and start break--dancing on them with your friends in front of girls ? Ever DJ'd a party and dropped the Beat at the perfect time? Picked up some wide tops for your spray paint cans so you can hit the corner of a building with a top to bottom piece? Did you live hip hop in the place where it formed or did you come along later in a time where asians and hispanics actively call each other nikka in open public ? :heh: My point is .. times change. I see real hip hop coming out of cultures overseas more than I do here . This show is shining a light on the idea that a show with brown people in the leads can't succeed. [/QUOTE]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just to throw my 2 cents in, it helps that Jamal isn't "That kind of gay :wrist:"

He's just a regular dude that happens to like penis. If he was running around like Cam on Modern Family or one of the Men On Film the show would definitely not be as a popular as it is in the black community. I think most non-bigoted people don't mind gays as long as they're not the flamboyant variety. If anything he's setting a positive example that just because you're gay doesn't mean you have to act like a woman

Yeah, Jamal's definitely not the star.

Cookie and Lucious carry the show, everybody else revolves around them and their relationship.
Steve Urkel wasn't the star of family matters originally @Wacky D , taraj and Terrence are the billed leads sure but things can change . Jamal is the break out character of the show it seems like and just because he's not a household name prior to the show he can become a star .
Edit :quoted wrong dude my bad but your right about Jamal's helped by not being a overly flamboyant gay character