The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i dont like where this is headed.

sure this is gonna open up doors for more black shows on major networks, but i think industry is gonna feel like they now have the green light to have white folks be in charge of the shows.

it works for empire because its just a soap, so the expectations arent set high. we just want f*ckery and they provide it. but its not gonna work for most other types of shows.

:popcorn:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:patrice: So brehs, is the song that the white rapper was recording in the studio gonna be on the soundtrack?

I think I got the song stuck in my head.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
only song i liked was the track that Puma sent. the o.g. version. much better than jamal's boring chit.

yall remember that episode with cuba gooding?

that jawn sounded like a legit new jack era slow jam classic.

then when cookie started dancing? i came.:noah:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
i'm not sure why yoba was surprised his character was killed. i saw that happening a few episodes in.

according to yoba a female is calling all the shots & even writes much of it
ilene-chaiken.jpg

https://twitter.com/ilenechaiken

i think lee daniels is just a mascot

It is her and this guy http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0834960/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

I never watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer (:comeon:) but I am going to assume there was alot of fukkkery that lasted 7 seasons.

He writes a lot of the episodes, he writes Taraji's lines and I bet he wrote that whole black militant speech Lucious said to Andre, "talking about they will never accept you, only your money etc" ( There is levels to this show brehs. :wow:)

ETA: He wrote Recount the movie? :dahell: That was a pretty good movie. :leon:

If you brehs like House of Cards, it is about the 2000 recount between Gore and Bush. Stars Kevin Spacey.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It is her and this guy http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0834960/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

I never watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer (:comeon:) but I am going to assume there was alot of fukkkery that lasted 7 seasons.

He writes a lot of the episodes, he writes Taraji's lines and I bet he wrote that whole black militant speech Lucious said to Andre, "talking about they will never accept you, only your money etc" ( There is levels to this show brehs. :wow:)

ETA: He wrote Recount the movie? :dahell: That was a pretty good movie. :leon:

If you brehs like House of Cards, it is about the 2000 recount between Gore and Bush. Stars Kevin Spacey.

Thats the dude from Justified :ohhh:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
yeah, pretty much "the game" famous, lol. but this ain't cw or BET so they should be bigger. i like how they interact with real life like "the game" and have random celebrities like "the game". Don't act like Kelsey Grammer ain't write the blueprint...

:dwillhuh: As someone who grew up watching a lot of black sitcoms on UPN, I thought having black celebrities guest-starring on Black shows was the norm.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
yea, they had a roundtable special on fox like a month ago.

taraji, terrence & the writers/producers. i think she was the white chick on there. and the rest of the table was 2 middle-aged white men, lee daniels and some older black dude with gray dreads or something.

funny thing is, i hink they lean on lee daniels & the old guy for the "authenticity". that would explain why the settings are so bizarre. lol.
:ohhh:

ETA: Not exactly the scene I was looking for. But its the one where all the writers are white, but in reality Damon Wayans was really writing the show despite what they thought.

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:beli: Of course nikkas got to complain. There is no such thing as too much fukkkery. :ufdup:

:aidisgust:at Hulu snatching those rights.
I will never get to see it repeat on Netflix then. :sadbron3:

The plot lines and the guest stars next season are going to :banderas::blessed:

ETA: Do you brehs think Taraji or Terrence are going to be nominated for an Emmy?:lupe:

I really think Taraji is. I can't think of another show where the character is showing such a range of emotions.

The Best Actor spot seems pretty weak this year. :ld:

She'll probably get a nod. Maybe some supporting actor roles. But it's also the last year of mad men so you know they're going to give it a lot of love and finally give jon Hamm the Emmy

:dwillhuh: Since when do Nighttime soaps get emmy nominations?

• Dap
Reactions: jeh