The Official E-Commerce Tips and Tricks Thread (Shopify, Amazon, EBAY)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
@Grizzly Been a minute, How's everything been going? Is Ebay still your #1 marketplace or have you moved away from them?

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
@Grizzly Been a minute, How's everything been going? Is Ebay still your #1 marketplace or have you moved away from them?
I had to move on, fam. Right now, I have 2 Shopify stores (working on a 3rd) and the only marketplace I'm on right now is Poshmark (Top-rated Seller - 4.9 Rating). I still sell wholesale. Ebay is a good launching pad because it helped me learn the basics of how to run an online business, identify my bestsellers and I definitely made a lot of sales on there but they straight rape you with fees. The built-in traffic is the main draw of being on there but when I factored in how much I was paying my supplier + Ebay fees + Paypal fees + taxes + VAs + Managed Payments being made mandatory. Yeah, it was time to dip. I run Facebook ads + automate my social media posts and get the same traffic as promoted listings with a greater return on my investment. Not to mention, the freedom of being able to set my own rules and operate on my own timeline. The only thing I have to do day-to-day is answer customer emails on G Suite and ship orders.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I had to move on, fam. Right now, I have 2 Shopify stores (working on a 3rd) and the only marketplace I'm on right now is Poshmark (Top-rated Seller - 4.9 Rating). I still sell wholesale. Ebay is a good launching pad because it helped me learn the basics of how to run an online business, identify my bestsellers and I definitely made a lot of sales on there but they straight rape you with fees. The built-in traffic is the main draw of being on there but when I factored in how much I was paying my supplier + Ebay fees + Paypal fees + taxes + VAs + Managed Payments being made mandatory. Yeah, it was time to dip. I run Facebook ads + automate my social media posts and get the same traffic as promoted listings with a greater return on my investment. Not to mention, the freedom of being able to set my own rules and operate on my own timeline. The only thing I have to do day-to-day is answer customer emails on G Suite and ship orders.

I am all new to Shopify breh. Amazon and ebay are my own channels for now and the money is good, but yeah man. I just oaid 5k in ebay fees. It helps that I am now a power seller but man do tgey charge a lot lol

wenndigo

Rookie
Daps
I am all new to Shopify breh. Amazon and ebay are my own channels for now and the money is good, but yeah man. I just oaid 5k in ebay fees. It helps that I am now a power seller but man do tgey charge a lot lol

This ecom game is definitely different strokes for different folks. I was never able to conquer a successful ebay store...

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
This ecom game is definitely different strokes for different folks. I was never able to conquer a successful ebay store...

Because you were never a power seller breh. Once you become one, the sky is the limit. Making my third Shopify store today though.

I feel like SHopify is a game changer. Like you can make milions seling to people worldwide

Silkk

Daps
Got my first consistent sales day on my shopify store. Actually doing more on there than on Amazon today :blessed:

Yesterday I went through and made sure all of my images were named correctly, updated the ones that weren't, and then did the same with the Alt text. Also embedded each product's youtube video into the media/image gallery area. After that I resubmitted my sitemap to google and bing and it looks like that shyt is starting to work :blessed:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Got my first consistent sales day on my shopify store. Actually doing more on there than on Amazon today :blessed:

Yesterday I went through and made sure all of my images were named correctly, updated the ones that weren't, and then did the same with the Alt text. Also embedded each product's youtube video into the media/image gallery area. After that I resubmitted my sitemap to google and bing and it looks like that shyt is starting to work :blessed:

Congrats my brother. Happy for you. Keep hustling breh. Trust me you will get there.

Look back into what helped you.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Congrats my brother. Happy for you. Keep hustling breh. Trust me you will get there.

Look back into what helped you.

I think Amazon Associates is one of the best referral programs out there to promote because of how most people buy everything on Amazon. I like they have links and banners ready made. Do you know of a good site though to promote the links or have the banners placed? I don't wanna waste money on Google and Youtube ads because of the heavy competition

Do you know of a website where its far less competition? Simply having my link in my sig may help slightly but won't give me mind-blowing sales. I know many people say you can get some domains and make your own amazon niche websites on wordpress but you have no idea if your websites are gonna get great SEO.

Any tips on the Amazon Associates referral links breh?

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I think Amazon Associates is one of the best referral programs out there to promote because of how most people buy everything on Amazon. I like they have links and banners ready made. Do you know of a good site though to promote the links or have the banners placed? I don't wanna waste money on Google and Youtube ads because of the heavy competition

Do you know of a website where its far less competition? Simply having my link in my sig may help slightly but won't give me mind-blowing sales. I know many people say you can get some domains and make your own amazon niche websites on wordpress but you have no idea if your websites are gonna get great SEO.

That is noty my domain at all breh. Sorry.

Silkk

Daps

You follow fatkiddeals on twitter? They seem to be doing it the best from what i’ve seen.