The Official E-Commerce Tips and Tricks Thread (Shopify, Amazon, EBAY)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Combined Etsy/Shopify sales.
My first shopify failed and I had to take a seat, but doing better this time.

Annoyingly majority of my sales come from Etsy (higher fees) and people say things like "Oh I found it on Etsy" rather than giving my brand recognition...but been working to combat that putting marketing in the Etsy orders that pushes people to my social media & Shopify.
Goal is to eventually flip it with Shopify being the main driver.
Why did your first shopify site fail?

What are you doing different this time around from the first time around?

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Why did your first shopify site fail?

What are you doing different this time around from the first time around?

First time my shopify failed because I didn't have any traffic coming in and couldn't generate enough with ads/searches.
This time I've been able to generate more traffic by marketing on IG and have built my IG up to 25k followers.

On my IG my highest product post has over 100k reach and all of this is just a numbers game. Get it in front of that enough people, some % of them will go to the site and some % of those will end up buying.

Silkk

Daps
First time my shopify failed because I didn't have any traffic coming in and couldn't generate enough with ads/searches.
This time I've been able to generate more traffic by marketing on IG and have built my IG up to 25k followers.

On my IG my highest product post has over 100k reach and all of this is just a numbers game. Get it in front of that enough people, some % of them will go to the site and some % of those will end up buying.
Right, that’s what I love about Shopify is how integrated it is with Google. Rn i’m working using Youtube, IG, and the rest of my socials to push traffic.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Right, that’s what I love about Shopify is how integrated it is with Google. Rn i’m working using Youtube, IG, and the rest of my socials to push traffic.

I've said this before but if you advertise on Facebook (or on IG through FB ad manager) AND you use IG make sure you do this:
lxKtiPA.png

It will let you create audiences based on anyone who's even liked a post on your IG (makes for easy re-targeting) and can also make lookalike audiences that "should" find people similar to those who visit your IG. Will also allow you to run FB ads to people who visit your IG (i think).

I have a Facebook Pixel connected to my Shopify, another connected to my Etsy and then also can pull my IG audience info into facebook. So I effectively have the ability to retarget anyone who visits either store or IG.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have any of y’all thought of selling ebooks an online? Like on EBay and Amazon Kindle

I’m not talking about random ebooks that you get copyrighted for. There are websites that give you the resell rights such as resellrightsweekly.com that give you access to hundreds

These you can claim as your own and sell. Then the great thing about ebooks that are saved as pdf is that they can be sent over and over. Not like a physical book or another product that you have to keep purchasing

This is digital so it don’t run out obviously. There are people charging 99 cents for Ebooks that have made hundreds from them on EBay

Any update on this? Looks promising

Silkk

Daps
Amazon REALLY don’t be fukking around with that buy box lol.

I raised the price on my own product cause the stock was low and them bytches took it from me :dead:

Silkk

Daps
@Grizzly These ebay fees are damn near robbery:scust:, My focus for 2020 is to try and get my sales pushed to Shopify, Amazon, & Etsy.

You still selling your majority on there? If so, How do you keep up with all their dumbass fees?

Daps
Send anything in?

Sorry, I got Amazon on my mind. :russ::mjlol:

Use the calculator for all the different services to see which gives you the most profit. For Ebay and other auction sites, use the calculator to see if a product is worth listing. Don't forget Facebook's Marketplace.

A girl I know has started her own hustle by sitting in court for evictions and writing down the addresses. If the people don't resolve their issue to the point where the sheriff and the owner's crew shows up to put the stuff out on the street, she's there waiting with her trailer if no one is home. I know that sounds fukked, but she's average about $500 a week listing the stuff on FB.

Last edited:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Grizzly These ebay fees are damn near robbery:scust:, My focus for 2020 is to try and get my sales pushed to Shopify, Amazon, & Etsy.

You still selling your majority on there? If so, How do you keep up with all their dumbass fees?

breh what are you even saying? The fees on Amazon are way higher than on eBay

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
A girl I know has started her own hustle by sitting in court for evictions and writing down the addresses. If the people don't resolve their issue to the point where the sheriff and the owner's crew shows up to put the stuff out on the street, she's there waiting with her trailer if no one is home. I know that sounds fukked, but she's average about $500 a week listing the stuff on FB.
I love this.

People sleep on how much stuff Americans accumulate
There are people that make a full time income grabbing stuff from the garbage and selling it.