The Official E-Commerce Tips and Tricks Thread (Shopify, Amazon, EBAY)

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It doesn't take time or years ... when you focus on revenue generating activities. You can always offload the grunt work.
Sell your product first. I don't give a f*ck what it is... go and see if there is a paying market FIRST

The business doesn't work ? Start another ? That one flops ? Start another and repeat until you drop dead or make it

The alternative playin corporate :mjpls: politics for 30 more years

Bingo. That’s how I feel. I am on my fourth store now. Just closed 2nd store and have someone doing my fourth today. But the thing that motivated me is that my 3rd store which I sell smoke products is booming on ebay. No direct store sales. But ebay is booming. I just fukking hate paypal:beli:

Either way I rather keep going than quit and just be satisfied being miserable in corporate just like you said

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm in need of some clarity in my life and i was wondering if any of you brehs could help me out.

I don't wanna be broke, infact i'm tired of being broke... but i feel like i'm stuck between a hard rock and a stone.

I recently purchased a dropshipping course and started dropshipping.. made my first sale a few days ago. The issue i'm having is that i'm not sure i see dropshipping as a reasonable avenue to become financially free and truthfully i'm not doing it as a passion but more of a way to quickly make some money then invest it into different avenues. But to make the money i want to make.. 10,000 a month.. i'll have to invest a lot of time and hard work into this.

On the other spectrum i have a desire to start my own business (product creation and selling it to the public). I already have the design and idea/vision of what i want to do with this product/where i see it being in the future. I was thinking about it today and felt a sense of excitment... however, like any business this will take time/years to develop and thats if it becomes established.. there's no guarentee.

I guess i'm feeling a sense of fear of what if this business doesn't work out, I'm 30 and not getting younger.

Any wisdom is much appreciated

I’m the exact same age and in same boat. But for motivation I’ll say I’m struggling like a motherfukker with my stores. But a friend of mine just started making $300 profit a day from his store through direct traffic. I get a shyt load of traffic and no conversions so starting my 4th store unfortunately. But I just started bringing in $150 a day profit from eBay . Obviously not there yet. But that’s better than I ever been in. No options but to keep hustling. These crackas put me thru more stress at work than running these stores can ever give me

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Bingo. That’s how I feel. I am on my fourth store now. Just closed 2nd store and have someone doing my fourth today. But the thing that motivated me is that my 3rd store which I sell smoke products is booming on ebay. No direct store sales. But ebay is booming. I just fukking hate paypal:beli:

Either way I rather keep going than quit and just be satisfied being miserable in corporate just like you said
Definitely gonna be one of my next ones. Dopeheads do not mind spending their money on dope shyt lol

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@LeVraiPapi any tips on selling political products(cough Trump) since we are in the middle of the election season?

I know already about the trademarking aspect but it’s such a grey area and confusing because they allow the products are sold on Alibaba, DHGate, Aliexpress anyway so who cares ? :gucci:

I wanna overcharge racist MAGA supporters like crazy though. Thinking of having a couple negative Trump stores and pro trump stores

I hope that’s not c00ning...

but yeah any tips on the political thing? This time around I’m also not gonna be cheap and I’ll pay for a Shopify theme

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Had my best Shopify month last month and am still running Etsy as an additional sales channel.
Reinvested a lot of the September profit into equipment so I don't have to do print on demand anymore. Can now make 2/4 of our products myself and can add an additional product. Eventually want to do everything myself.
Have my IG up to over 23k followers.

Ready for this Holiday season rush. :feedme:

Silkk

Daps
@LeVraiPapi any tips on selling political products(cough Trump) since we are in the middle of the election season?

I know already about the trademarking aspect but it’s such a grey area and confusing because they allow the products are sold on Alibaba, DHGate, Aliexpress anyway so who cares ? :gucci:

I wanna overcharge racist MAGA supporters like crazy though. Thinking of having a couple negative Trump stores and pro trump stores

but yeah any tips on the political thing? This time around I’m also not gonna be cheap and I’ll pay for a Shopify theme
Im coming for the same bag :pachaha:

Wym by trademarking though? You gonna actually use “Make america great again” on your shyt?

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Im coming for the same bag :pachaha:

Wym by trademarking though? You gonna actually use “Make america great again” on your shyt?

sorry if I wasn’t clear. I wasn’t gonna do amazon private label I was talking about Shopify online Dropshipping

as for trademarking I saw a military style hat on one of the Chinese sites that said Trump 2020 and each was selling for less than $4 and in a wholesale delivery obviously that would be cheap as hell

I’m just imagining how much I can upsell certain products like crazy

I’m talking too much now but something else I saw for example was one of those collection of commemorative coins but it was for Trump 2020 :dead:

I would no joke attempt to sell each for $10,000 or something

oh yeah keep America great and make America great again are both trademarked. Presidents usually don’t care about people selling trademarks but this is the same dude that years before he became President went at MAC Miller on Twitter for Naming a song after him

Silkk

Daps
@LeVraiPapi @MMS

After optimizing an Amazon listing how long does it normally take you to see Amazon recognize it and rank you higher/show better in results?

Also, How important is the “more details” section when listing an item. Should I make sure to fill that section out 100%?

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Yeah so I've started supplying other businesses now. I have one person that I do dropshipping for overseas, another dude that purchases from me wholesale in Virginia and I'm talking to a few other people who want me to act as a third party vendor for their Shopify stores. The person who I'm dropshipping for sends me their customers' info and I ship the item and provide them with the tracking number. They pay me through Paypal. Easy process.

I'm getting these leads through straight up cold emailing. I've always wondered how people who sell wholesale go about finding clients and this seems to be the best method (outside of genuine word of mouth of course). I had a software developer on Upwork create a scraper for me and that shyt paid for itself on the second day. Right now, I'm sending out bulk emails through Gmail but I have a Udemy course that's going to teach me how to create my own email server using Amazon SES. That way I won't have to deal with Google's sending limits.

Ebay is great but as I've said before I want to graduate out of being dependant on a marketplace especially after seeing how certain wholesalers I worked/work with run their business. Some of them own warehouses but only have a simple Geocities website that showcases their inventory and an old Yahoo email address that they use to take orders. No middleman. The main supplier that I do business with sells directly to retailers (brick and mortar & e-commerce) and they give me such good pricing that I can do the same and still make it lucrative for those that purchase from me. The margins still make sense. I place orders with my wholesaler through email and text messages. People that purchase from me do the same for me. No middleman. They honestly gave me the blueprint.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Spent $8.13 on Facebook ads and made $70 profit so far today on Shopify. I'm testing two totally new audiences and trying out different ad creatives so I set my budget to $15 total, nothing too wild. I really didn't know what to expect so these are great results.

Gonna use that profit to keep running tests and get another app made. I've been watching Gabriel St. Germain's videos on his method of making a video that showcases his product and creating an LLA from people who watched at least 95% duration. That will probably be the next one I try out.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX

Today I saw that Trump was selling "Get over it" shirts, which comes from a line used in a recent press conference.
There's gonna be a ton of phrases, jokes and memes that come out this 2020 season. I'd keep an eye out for stuff like that and then try to make products around it and beat other people to the market.