The Official E-Commerce Tips and Tricks Thread (Shopify, Amazon, EBAY)

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
however, like any business this will take time/years to develop and thats if it becomes established.. there's no guarentee.

I guess i'm feeling a sense of fear of what if this business doesn't work out, I'm 30 and not getting younger.

It doesn't take time or years ... when you focus on revenue generating activities. You can always offload the grunt work.
Sell your product first. I don't give a f*ck what it is... go and see if there is a paying market FIRST

The business doesn't work ? Start another ? That one flops ? Start another and repeat until you drop dead or make it

The alternative playin corporate :mjpls: politics for 30 more years

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Have y’all thought about buying iPhone replacement screens from Alibaba in bulk and selling them on Amazon?

Remember Iphone parts as our phones all say are assembled outside of America anyway....

Then maybe advertise two replacement screens for each time you list on Amazon. Many people will be searching for them from regular people who cracked their screens to people who want to practice learning how to repair screens to start their own IPhone repair business

So what y’all think?
I'm willing to bet theres competitors there, check out what they do and make estimates on how successful selling them would be

there are tons of products where you can determine if it would sell and make you money, but the best ones are where you can either be first or easily improve on an inferior offering

Daps
Have y’all thought about buying iPhone replacement screens from Alibaba in bulk and selling them on Amazon?

Remember Iphone parts as our phones all say are assembled outside of America anyway....

Then maybe advertise two replacement screens for each time you list on Amazon. Many people will be searching for them from regular people who cracked their screens to people who want to practice learning how to repair screens to start their own IPhone repair business

So what y’all think?

It better not have an Apple logo on it anywhere or Customs will seize it. They'll automatically assume it's counterfeit. One complaint from a buyer on the 'Zon, if you get that far, and you can kiss your account goodbye forever.

=====

If anyone remembers my FBA journey, I sourced another product on an abandoned listing. Great sales for about a month and a half with ROI of 172%. As usual, everybody and their momma jumped on it when the research programs picked it up during the rapid BSR climb. As I stated before, I never commingle. I asked the supplier if they could label all of my inventory, and they did it for free. Turns out that all the other sellers didn't and the 'Zon removed all of their inventory from the listing with the options to discard their inventory or ship it home due to a counterfeit claim.

Combined, these cats (about 18 of them) lost about 50K.

:mjlol:

The only time I'd recommend that you don't have to commingle is when you're legitimately wholesaling major brands with an authorized supplier.

Last edited:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjcry: just couldn't justify it

knew high level managers who played the game and for what :unimpressed:

Job "security" and "benefits" :unimpressed:

You and @Silkk have discord ? There is coli chatroom we can add value to just by discussing business strategies.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm willing to bet theres competitors there, check out what they do and make estimates on how successful selling them would be

there are tons of products where you can determine if it would sell and make you money, but the best ones are where you can either be first or easily improve on an inferior offering

Thanks.

I came across this link after I wrote that post and it gave me a lot of ideas

https://www.ecommerceceo.com/private-label-products/#white

:wow:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
About to open international shipping back up. Gonna have to block mofos out with two or more unpaid items and also turn on immediate pay. I ain’t for the bullshyt :camby:

Should have had that from the start. On my eBay I accept no offers or auction and just do strictly buy it now/immediate pay

I realized people love to play games with either auction listings or offering price

I just found out a scam some of these losers do is if you accept offers, they will send an offer that is more money than your listed price to get you to accept and then file a complaint right after

The overseas customers do that alot

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Should have had that from the start. On my eBay I accept no offers or auction and just do strictly buy it now/immediate pay

I realized people love to play games with either auction listings or offering price

I just found out a scam some of these losers do is if you accept offers, they will send an offer that is more money than your listed price to get you to accept and then file a complaint right after

The overseas customers do that alot
I did, Then I got a lot of bullshyt and turned it off.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thinking about jumping into this and have a few product ideas. A couple of questions, though:
  • How are you guys communicating your specs to manufacturers and making sure they can come through?
  • How long does it take to get samples?
  • What's the typical shipping time from China for products? I'm guessing the Q4 window is already effectively closed
  • How do you protect your items from copycats?
  • Would you recommend starting on FBA?
Then, in terms of ramping or scaling your business:
  • Top 3 books and / or classes to ramp up?
  • How many hours a week did you spend on your biz when you first started? Now?
  • What are you guys pulling in a month in terms of profit?
Thanks in advance.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Thinking about jumping into this and have a few product ideas. A couple of questions, though:
  • How are you guys communicating your specs to manufacturers and making sure they can come through?
  • How long does it take to get samples?
  • What's the typical shipping time from China for products? I'm guessing the Q4 window is already effectively closed
  • How do you protect your items from copycats?
  • Would you recommend starting on FBA?
Then, in terms of ramping or scaling your business:
  • Top 3 books and / or classes to ramp up?
  • How many hours a week did you spend on your biz when you first started? Now?
  • What are you guys pulling in a month in terms of profit?
Thanks in advance.
Window closed? Breh you can get shyt shipped to you in under a week. Unless you’re getting something OEM and even then a few weeks at most.