DJI_0013.jpg

DJI_0034.jpg

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
DJI just released their latest drone and this shyt looks incredible.

Definitely gotta look into getting one. 1299 for the basic combo which doesn't seem too bad. Doesn't include motion controller which is another 200 bucks but I think that's pretty average price for what I've seen on their other products. Will likely wait on a sale and see what bugs they fix if any on the initial product release.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Definitely gotta look into getting one. 1299 for the basic combo which doesn't seem too bad. Doesn't include motion controller which is another 200 bucks but I think that's pretty average price for what I've seen on their other products. Will likely wait on a sale and see what bugs they fix if any on the initial product release.

Yea I see no reason why not. Have my action drone and my cinematic drone. I'm just shook to lose it. I'll be copping that Refresh for sure

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

This is definitely getting bought with the motion controller, I have watched the video too many times. I wonder if the Smart Controller will be compatible eventually.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
This is definitely getting bought with the motion controller, I have watched the video too many times. I wonder if the Smart Controller will be compatible eventually.
Yeah I was thinking about that. When I was looking at one earlier this year it wasn't compatible with smart controller. Think it was the mavic 2 or maybe the air one. Don't think it was compatible with the goggles either that's why I felt it's best to wait. I only have limited experience with the regular controller so might get more practice on that and then go up to motion and smart. Looks like the mini and mavic mini are the cheapest ones they sell but with no fpv or likely smart controller or anything like that and likely a not as high quality camera even tho I'm not as into photography as you and others may be. So I doubt it's as worth it. Were there any specific videos you saw on the motion controller of the ones you mentioned?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Yeah I was thinking about that. When I was looking at one earlier this year it wasn't compatible with smart controller. Think it was the mavic 2 or maybe the air one. Don't think it was compatible with the goggles either that's why I felt it's best to wait. I only have limited experience with the regular controller so might get more practice on that and then go up to motion and smart. Looks like the mini and mavic mini are the cheapest ones they sell but with no fpv or likely smart controller or anything like that and likely a not as high quality camera even tho I'm not as into photography as you and others may be. So I doubt it's as worth it. Were there any specific videos you saw on the motion controller of the ones you mentioned?

Which drone did you end up getting? The motion controller only works with the new FPV.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Which drone did you end up getting? The motion controller only works with the new FPV.

Haven't gotten one yet. Was looking around the holiday season but then heard about this FPV thing so figured I'd wait and get that instead. Better features and even if its a bit more expensive, will be worth it. Might do everything in layers. Get the drone first, then save up and get the extra batteries, and the motion controller. Doubtful I get everything all at once. Build everything up thru the Spring and Summer.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
@shutterguy @The Devil's Advocate

I see y'all mention having the mavic 2 pro. Does that one have the smartphone controller and fpv? Cuz the new fpv drone doesn't have the controller where you can connect your phone. Like if I wanna show it to my friends or kids, feel like it'll be better thru a screen instead of goggles cuz I'd be hesitant to let anyone fly that shyt that can't afford to replace it but I didn't see that option on the fpv drone. The mavic air 2 looked decent also but not sure if that has both features as well. I don't think I even need the smart controller. Just a regular controller with the phone connected to it, and then fpv goggle capabilities so I can eventually upgrade and add that feature. Any recommendations you guys have or know of?