The Official Dragon's Dogma thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I am about to get the remaster for Nintendo switch before the end of the month:wow:

:feedme:Any tips :feedme:

Make Magick Archer your main Vocation. They have an elemental attack of every type, plus decent physical attack.

Vocations are basically like job classes in other RPGs. Wizard, Archer, Warrior, etc.

The game is cool because it rewards you for trying out different Vocations. So if you level up Warrior to a certain level, it lets you use some of it's abilities for other jobs.

Don't go to Bitterblack Isle until around level 60. It's separate from the main game (part of the "Dark Arisen" DLC, which is free with the remaster) and no fukking joke. It's 100x harder than the normal game and full of :merchant: monsters. But you can also get the the best armor and weapons in the game from there.

Let me know if you got any other questions breh.

Fred.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Make Magick Archer your main Vocation. They have an elemental attack of every type, plus decent physical attack.

Vocations are basically like job classes in other RPGs. Wizard, Archer, Warrior, etc.

The game is cool because it rewards you for trying out different Vocations. So if you level up Warrior to a certain level, it lets you use some of it's abilities for other jobs.

Don't go to Bitterblack Isle until around level 60. It's separate from the main game (part of the "Dark Arisen" DLC, which is free with the remaster) and no fukking joke. It's 100x harder than the normal game and full of :merchant: monsters. But you can also get the the best armor and weapons in the game from there.

Let me know if you got any other questions breh.

Fred.
How does it compare to Skyrim and Witcher 3?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How does it compare to Skyrim and Witcher 3?

Quality-wise I'd say it's as good as either of them, but for different reasons.

"The Witcher 3" has much better writing. But the combat in "Dragon's Dogma" is 100x better. It's fun as fukk. Most of the monsters in the game are huge (dragons, giants, etc.) and you can climb on them and stab them in the neck, wing, etc. It's dope as fukk.

It's not as big as "Skyrim" but it is open world and big as fukk. And night/day plays a huge part. I was actually :lupe: while creeping through the woods at night because sometimes you can't see shyt and will walk right into a group of monsters. :whoa:

Over all it's a dope ass game. I put like 250 hours into it over the course of a year or so.

Fred.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
@hex u seem to be the dragon dogma master round here what's the game play loop for bitter black isle. Just go further and further purifying gear? Is there a bottom?

Rell Shyt
There's two runs, the first run that gets you accustomed to the new difficulty level, and then once you beat Daimon the first time shyt gets all the way real and everything can push your shyt in if not careful. Can be tough for even level 200 players if you run Solo or not properly equipped. This second run you keep doing over and over until you decide to ever new game plus.

Relldaproblem

Heart Breaker
Daps
Reppin
Nipple Light Specials
There's two runs, the first run that gets you accustomed to the new difficulty level, and then once you beat Daimon the first time shyt gets all the way real and everything can push your shyt in if not careful. Can be tough for even level 200 players if you run Solo or not properly equipped. This second run you keep doing over and over until you decide to ever new game plus.

Got ya. So is there no point in running it prior to Daimon? Cuz I'm doing it now at lvl 40 and it doesn't seem that bad.

Rell Shyt