The Official Dragon's Dogma thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex u seem to be the dragon dogma master round here what's the game play loop for bitter black isle. Just go further and further purifying gear? Is there a bottom?

Rell Shyt

There's a final boss (Daimon, with two forms) in there but Bitterblack Isle is set up kinda weird. Basically you enter the main part and go until the exit which loops back around to the main entrance. After that a side entrance opens and you do the same thing for both sides (right and left).

Here is a thread on Steam about where the exits lead to because it can get confusing as fukk until you get used to it:

Steam Community :: Guide :: Bitterblack Island Maps

You can do the first part around 40 if you're careful. But farther in 40 is just not worth it. It would be better to go around 50-55 at the earliest.

I've gotten to a bottom I believe. There was a chained up Orge bigger then anything I've seen before and I got a key.

Rell Shyt

There's several of those in there.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Relldaproblem

Also keep in mind there's a gang of doors you can't unlock until you get special keys. So it's not just "go from point A to B". A lot of those areas you won't be able to access for a bit. That's another reason I said it can get confusing. Bitterblack Isle is fukking huge.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Relldaproblem

Something I forgot to mention, try not to go too deep into Bitterblack Isle early in the game because there's another dungeon later in the game (The Everfall) that's really cool and fun but if you do Bitterblack Isle first you'll be waaaaaaaaaaaaay over leveled.

The level cap is 200 and you can easily reach that in Bitterblack Isle. So I'd mess with the main game, maybe do some early Bitterblack Isle, then explore The Everfall when it opens up....then go back to Bitterblack Isle. That's also the best progression of treasure, too.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Took me two days but I final beat the drake feeling like a G now lol.

Rell Shyt

When you start upgrading your weapons and armor killing those drakes upgrades it to another level called Dragonforged. It's not a 100% chance to upgrade though.

Then in Bitterblack Isle you can upgrade it to Silver, then Gold Dragonforged.

Fred.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Dragons_Dogma__Dark_Arisen_5_19_2019_12_45_01_AM.png

Widescreen mod with FOV pushed all the way back

:whew: