The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Some of these responses got me hyped, I gotta wait for tomorrow for a 730 viewing with wifey n my daughter who's just as excited

2 questions. Is the "gore" too much for a almost 9 year old girl?

I'm watching it in imax 2d, is it worth it in 2d format? I wish it was 3d but no theaters near me were providing that

Depends on how big your 9 year olds imagination.

It’s definitely more violent than a lot of past movies….. but a lot of things are heavily implied and you get the gist of what happened….. they walk that edge

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Some of these responses got me hyped, I gotta wait for tomorrow for a 730 viewing with wifey n my daughter who's just as excited

2 questions. Is the "gore" too much for a almost 9 year old girl?

I'm watching it in imax 2d, is it worth it in 2d format? I wish it was 3d but no theaters near me were providing that
There is blood... No gore. But the death are straight gruesome.

Very disturbing deaths.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I really wish we got Superior Iron Man. I liked that world’s version of Illuminati, but it missed him I think. I find it funny that they got their hero’s killed, and are left with one dude on the council.

The Superior Iron Man thirst makes no damn sense to me. It was never teased anywhere and that version of him is from 616, not an alternative universe. It's like being mad at Mephisto never showing up :pachaha:

I wonder if they intro a multiverse magneto and that is who ends up bringing wanda peace

When Chuck was in Wanda's mind I thought he was going to show her that in other universes she's not alone with her children and that she had a whole family in the mutant community. But then I realized Chuck wasn't in 616's Wanda's mind so it made sense he just saw her in a pile or rubble and was trying to break her free.

I think what the REAL issue is some may people was over anticipating this and that hoping or expecting this and that to happen.

And either after they read some spoilers and already got the surprise or didn’t see what they expected to happened…. All of a sudden they mad about that.

And I get it.

People not liking a movie because of their own misguided expecations I'll never get behind.

But don't pretend like this film had big flaws either. The first act is almost as bad as Spidey's Far From Home (which is a fukking atrocious film before Mysterio shows up and rights the ship) and it limps it way to the end by stretching Strange's final arc and making Wanda take her sweet ass time with America after going full throttle the entire movie.

The middle portion is outstanding and it's what makes the move worth it but I can see people not thinking it was able to save the film.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I agree but at the same time….Why did she have to do Xavier like that:mjcry:

Hey man, Chuck is an a$$hole in most of his incarnations in comics. He talks a big game and says he's all kumbaya but he always ended up either hiding some fukked up shyt, making wrong decisions, being jelaous of his students, going crazy and fukking up the world or the current version being an a$$hole pseudo politician.

fukk Chuck, he ain't what the 90's cartoon showed us :bryan:

Daps
Hey man, Chuck is an a$$hole in most of his incarnations in comics. He talks a big game and says he's all kumbaya but he always ended up either hiding some fukked up shyt, making wrong decisions, being jelaous of his students, going crazy and fukking up the world or the current version being an a$$hole pseudo politician.

fukk Chuck, he ain't what the 90's cartoon showed us :bryan:

But that was the 90s cartoon version or a version closely based on the 90s cartoon :dwillhuh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What you mean, breh? :jbhmm:

the entire scene was basically one giant reference with no heft to it. And no further ramifications. It’s there so a bunch of fans can ooh and ahh like Ian Malcolm referenced in the lost world, but none of them were actually “introduced” to the larger narrative.

I say this fully aware that the end tag about an incurrence could change that but one thing marvel did in the past was introduce characters who I knew, as a fan, would have an immediate payoff. Showing me a bunch of people and then killing them off? That’s the ultimate eating your cake and having it too move. It doesn’t actually mean anything. It’s just window dressing

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Single mom Wanda was all :yeshrug: Zero fukks man...

She had legit powers too and was like ... Mehhhhhh. I'm out. Just gonna retire and be a single mom. :russell:

Oh yeah... "You know you got alternative you creepin' on your life and dream walking for probably months."

:beli:

:hubie:

She wakes up in between dimensions after talking to dead professor X in her dream and her only thing was "Muhhhh Kids" :damn:

Lmao.

Last edited:
Daps
the entire scene was basically one giant reference with no heft to it. And no further ramifications. It’s there so a bunch of fans can ooh and ahh like Ian Malcolm referenced in the lost world, but none of them were actually “introduced” to the larger narrative.

I say this fully aware that the end tag about an incurrence could change that but one thing marvel did in the past was introduce characters who I knew, as a fan, would have an immediate payoff. Showing me a bunch of people and then killing them off? That’s the ultimate eating your cake and having it too move. It doesn’t actually mean anything. It’s just window dressing

Bro you're thinking about it too hard. This movie was for us, you and me, who grew up in the 90s and watched the XMEN cartoon, who watched the Xmen movies and every property dropped by Marvel ever since. This was a payoff for us. Sure general public, spend your money too, but this movie means more to you and me than it ever will to people who haven't kept up with Marvel, as it's supposed to. Even playing the Xmen theme was there for US, nobody else would know what it was, not our parents and not our children.

With that being said, it's not over. If you think they just introduced these characters as a one shot, I don't know what to tell you. Krasinski was already tied to the FF4 movie, so as far as the MCU is concerned, that is Reed Richards. Only thing that shocked me was them using Patrick Stewart's Xavier as opposed to the First Class Xavier, as surely Patrick Stewart unfortunately won't be around long enough to play the part in multiple Xmen movies for the MCU.

But I trust @Bryan Danielson. I wanted a reason to believe and he gave it to me.

Bask in the moment, my brother. Think about it like this. For the past 2 years since Marvel got their properties back, we've been clamoring for the appearance of mutants, the appearance of the FF4, something to show us it's coming.

Well we just got it, bro! :blessed:

We got Reed Richards and Charles Xavier in a freakin MCU movie. That alone is blowing my mind, and they even brought over Patrick Stewart to be Xavier.

That alone is mindblowing to me and I believe this is only the beginning. Can't wait to see where they take this.

Obviously something is gonna happen to get the multi-verse back under control. Maybe that's when we'll get the official introduction of those characters and more after Ant Man wraps up next year.

Either way I can't wait.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I could see them keeping Krasinski for the F4 movie, him & Emily Blunt have been peoples dream casting for Reed & Sue for years

Patrick Stewart probably one and done given his age

Not sure about Black Bolt though. I could see Inhumans getting a D+ show down the line