The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I mean yeah, if those were the expectations (like I said, I tune out of comic book movies discourse as much as I can before a film) then no doubt this movie will come up short and people will leave the theater like :ld:

I do think the highs of this movie make it very much worth a watch, it's 60-70 minutes of really good stuff and that's more than I can say from a lot of non-Russo bros MCU movies.

Don't like the fact that the expectations from these films have become "so how do this builds to the next big villain or superhero reveal?". I know the Infinity Saga was all about that but having self contained movies isn't a bad thing either.

how to do the 'self contained' thing when you are leveraging the Multiverse.

Daps
for the most part it sounds like you can't just jump into this one. you have to know everything that happened in wandavision, no way home, and what-if(which I bet not a lot of people watched because it's a cartoon)
as for the style part that's something you have to grade yourself
but I'm seeing fans are disappointed because cameos like nick cage ghost rider doesn't show up like come on:mjlol:

Is that what it is? :ohhh:

Yo @Jmare007 @Grand Conde without spoiling the movie for me, cause if you do... :ufdup:

Did either of yall watch Wandavision, Loki, and What If? If so, do you feel the movie tied into that? If not, is it possible this is why y'all are lost in the sauce?:ld:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
how to do the 'self contained' thing when you are leveraging the Multiverse.

Just like they did it in this movie. I didn't mind it only touched tangentially it's repercussions on the MCU and just teased some shyt we might see in the future and it just focused on the main problem the movie had to solve.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Is that what it is? :ohhh:

Yo @Jmare007 @Grand Conde without spoiling the movie for me, cause if you do... :ufdup:

Did either of yall watch Wandavision, Loki, and What If? If so, do you feel the movie tied into that? If not, is it possible this is why y'all are lost in the sauce?:ld:

I watched Wandavision and Loki, not What If.

You only need to watch Wandavision because if you don't you gonna be like :why: at the driving force of the movie.

The What If connection is only there for the audience to react to certain stuff but it has nothing to do with plot or understanding what it going on.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I might be in the minority here but I kind of wish that they didn’t go ahead and make Wanda the villain of the movie. I actually thought her and strange would team up to fight Nightmare or someone else. Now, they kind of mucked up her character a bit. I wonder if is the last we will see of Wanda.

I don't have reverence for Wanda's character in the comics and even less so in the movies/tv shows, so them letting her go all out as a villain was cool as shyt to me.

I would've loved to see her do more reality manipulation though. Her taking Blackbolt's mouth was the kind of shyt we could've had more of instead of her just using the red glow thingy like she's Freeza.

I felt they explained well enough that it was the Darkhold that fukked her up (just like it did with all those Stranges) and they made her look so powerful that they can "unlock her" when needed instead of having her in the background not doing shyt on the level she needs/can.

Scarlett Witch destroying Xavier, Black Bolt etc was the best part of the movie, hands down.

I feel like Raimi saw "Invincible" and decided to make his own take of Omni Man decimating the Guardians of the Globe. I loved it though, so I'm not complaining.

What's with the uh huh and mmmm?

Mood killer

Bad dialogue but to be honest you barely notice that particular part of that scene during the movie. There way worse instances of that kind of clunky/cringy stuff in the first act.

Daps
I watched Wandavision and Loki, not What If.

You only need to watch Wandavision because if you don't you gonna be like :why: at the driving force of the movie.

The What If connection is only there for the audience to react to certain stuff but it has nothing to do with plot or understanding what it going on.

But do you feel it's right to say this if you haven't seen What If?

And I feel sorry for the people who never plugged in and watched Wandavision.

I'm surprised Feige and @Bryan Danielson didn't take into account the fact that not everybody would tune in to D+.

I honestly thought this next phase of movies would be strong enough story wise to stand on their own because there is no scenario where everybody who watched the movies is watching all of the shows unless they're just die hard fans of marvel.

They should have made the movies independent to the point that if you haven't seen the show, you would be okay. That's a huge oversight imo.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

I'm surprised Feige and @Bryan Danielson didn't take into account the fact that not everybody would tune in to D+.

I honestly thought this next phase of movies would be strong enough story wise to stand on their own because there is no scenario where everybody who watched the movies is watching all of the shows unless they're just die hard fans of marvel.

They should have made the movies independent to the point that if you haven't seen the show, you would be okay. That's a huge oversight imo.

if this is dependent on What IF ( I watched it) and the shows more so than prior movies than they might as well leveraged this as a Disney+ movie especially with the shorter run time lol

Shang Chi set nothing up even though Wong showed up, Black Widow and the Falcon show set up more ground level stuff, Eternals set nothing up relevant to this.

I think it would have made more sense for Spider Man to have come out Last Summer (lets ignore covid) sprinkle in the current stuff, with random Multiverse cameos, and tie it all in to this. I'm speaking out my ass right now, so after I see the flick later I'll refine my thoughts

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

How is that “their” problem and why?

Not just in Marvel movies….. but in this 21st Century and digital era. It’s no longer an excuse and kinda lame when people keep using the “but they don’t know about_____ so since they may be unaware this was a bad decision and they should’ve been kind to the casual”

Like no one has access to all the information they need on anything:mjlol:

It’s not that serious and deep….. but it’s also not that hard to deep dive and get caught up to speed and comprehend things in this era of access and information.:mjlol:

To be unaware and uninformed is a CHOICE now adays:yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Going right after work. Don’t really have any expectations for this one. Only seeing it cuz the (1st) trailer looked cool :pachaha: oh and cuz this is obviously the next movie after NWH

I watched Wanda and what if so I’ll be good on that front.

I got the 6pm tickets….. I shouldn’t got earlier since I decided to work from home today instead of going to my office which is about an hour south of me

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
430 IMAX over here

Yea…. After my meeting at 2…. I’m thinking it running over to my theater to see if they let me swap to a 4:30

Im doing standard for now at this Dine In style theater.

All the IMAX are either sold out or have few seats in locations I don’t like (l ALWAYS take end seats)

But I already know I’m gonna see this a couple of times