The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It seems like Marvel's The Avengers, Avengers: Infinity War & Avengers: Endgame were not only the anchors of the MCU, but it bounded everything in between together and kept audiences and critics alike engaged in everything.

Since the conclusion of the infinity saga, there are no anchors. They haven't been announced. So while everything is still connected, there is no culmination event that everything is leading up to. And it's extremely hard to top the Infinity saga. Plus all of the movies pointed in one direction. Fans up to this point haven't been given a direction so the perception is that everything is all over the place. And to the fact that the MCU's biggest character anchors (Steve Rogers & Tony Stark) are gone. Hawkeye is retired and Natasha is dead. Plus it's been over a decade since the MCU began. The fan base has changed. Some day one fans have moved on, and new fans come in with new expectations. This is truly uncharted territory.

I also think if the same Phase I movies dropped today, they wouldn't be as well received as they did when they first dropped. #marvelset is still strong though. Nobody else has been able to stop their reign... But I think that's also why people are so eager to gravity towards DC properties despite the mediocre product they put out. As long as it's no MCU related, they will at least try to consume it.

I mentioned before and you touch on it in a sense but right now we are in a state of limbo. Marvel conditioned us with the business model of all roads lead to some final bad guy. Its been what 2-3yrs now since the Infinity Saga yas ended, we have gotten all this content and none of it seems to he leading us anywhere other than fan theory confusion. Now two things can happen

1.Marvel isnt doing the all roads lead to a big bad guy anymore

or
2. The current state of confusion is by design and creating the path for Kang which will restore order when his event ends.

when Fiege mentioned the Loki events did set the stage for foolery since the man who kept timelines in check died, then cool sounds like #2. But now when something doesnt have clear evidence of its place in the puzzle we finish watching it feeling our time was wasted or “why should i care”

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I mentioned before and you touch on it in a sense but right now we are in a state of limbo. Marvel conditioned us with the business model of all roads lead to some final bad guy. Its been what 2-3yrs now since the Infinity Saga yas ended, we have gotten all this content and none of it seems to he leading us anywhere other than fan theory confusion. Now two things can happen

1.Marvel isnt doing the all roads lead to a big bad guy anymore

or
2. The current state of confusion is by design and creating the path for Kang which will restore order when his event ends.

when Fiege mentioned the Loki events did set the stage for foolery since the man who kept timelines in check died, then cool sounds like #2. But now when something doesnt have clear evidence of its place in the puzzle we finish watching it feeling our time was wasted or “why should i care”

But there wasn't any direct in Phase 1 leading up to the first Avengers. Imagine if there was never a Thanos or infinity stone reveal.

But I think losing Iron Man and Captain America has caused more problems than anticipated, because at least if they were here's there would be more stability. No one has stepped up yet. it was T'Challa was supposed to be one of them. For all we know, Wakanda would've taking more of a lead (I hope that still happens), but I think the anchor characters won't be established until the X-Men/Fantastic 4 start to emerge.

It will also only get crazier, because unlike the Infinity Saga, the have more characters to work with. So it's going to be hard to have equal story arcs for everyone. Which is also why I don't think Marvel needs Spider-Man. It's why the GOTG arc will be completed. I think by the time the X-Men and Fantastic 4 are established, most of the current roster will be regulated to supporting cameo rolls.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
But there wasn't any direct in Phase 1 leading up to the first Avengers. Imagine if there was never a Thanos or infinity stone reveal.

But I think losing Iron Man and Captain America has caused more problems than anticipated, because at least if they were here's there would be more stability. No one has stepped up yet. it was T'Challa was supposed to be one of them. For all we know, Wakanda would've taking more of a lead (I hope that still happens), but I think the anchor characters won't be established until the X-Men/Fantastic 4 start to emerge.

It will also only get crazier, because unlike the Infinity Saga, the have more characters to work with. So it's going to be hard to have equal story arcs for everyone. Which is also why I don't think Marvel needs Spider-Man. It's why the GOTG arc will be completed. I think by the time the X-Men and Fantastic 4 are established, most of the current roster will be regulated to supporting cameo rolls.

phase 1 was establishing the characters, so the question is are we in the phase of establishing the new players or all roads leading to a big bad.

The established Some folks but i dont think anyone cares about any of them of we are being real.

Thor and GoG seem to be in their own world and nobody cares about Captain Marvel, so with with the roadmap of Black Panther unknown they been leaning on Dr.Strange. I havent seen the movie yet but it woulda made more sense to make this a 3 way dance with Strange Loki and Wanda, intro America Chavez and have Kang in the cut.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
phase 1 was establishing the characters, so the question is are we in the phase of establishing the new players or all roads leading to a big bad.

The established Some folks but i dont think anyone cares about any of them of we are being real.

Thor and GoG seem to be in their own world and nobody cares about Captain Marvel, so with with the roadmap of Black Panther unknown they been leaning on Dr.Strange. I havent seen the movie yet but it woulda made more sense to make this a 3 way dance with Strange Loki and Wanda, intro America Chavez and have Kang in the cut.

The key is picking the right villain. All roads are seemingly leading to Kang but I’m expecting someone to come in and be a bigger threat.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
@Bryan Danielson @humminbird

:russ::mjlol:

These reviews :mjgrin:

These reviews :mjcry:
for the most part it sounds like you can't just jump into this one. you have to know everything that happened in wandavision, no way home, and what-if(which I bet not a lot of people watched because it's a cartoon)
as for the style part that's something you have to grade yourself
but I'm seeing fans are disappointed because cameos like nick cage ghost rider doesn't show up like come on:mjlol:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Also, it's very much an MCU Movie featuring Doctor Strange, Wanda and guests, rather than what everyone wanted - Doctor Strange horror movie directed by Sam Raimi with repercussions for the MCU. It would have been way more coherent if it was the latter.

I mean yeah, if those were the expectations (like I said, I tune out of comic book movies discourse as much as I can before a film) then no doubt this movie will come up short and people will leave the theater like :ld:

I do think the highs of this movie make it very much worth a watch, it's 60-70 minutes of really good stuff and that's more than I can say from a lot of non-Russo bros MCU movies.

Don't like the fact that the expectations from these films have become "so how do this builds to the next big villain or superhero reveal?". I know the Infinity Saga was all about that but having self contained movies isn't a bad thing either.