The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Supa cat

Catset Don Dada
Daps
Just coming back from watching it.

I've gotten used to just watching the first teaser for comic book movies and staying the fukk away from spoilers and major speculations so I didn't think they were going to go with the direction they went...and I liked it :ehh:

I'd say the first act (whatever it lasts, 15-25 minutes?) is kinda hard to get through. Weird camera shots, bad comedy, clunky exposition and a stupid high pace so they can get the actual plot going. After that it settles and I fukking loved what I saw :wow: so much so that once they have to move forward to wrap shyt up it takes step down, to the point the movie became a little tedious in the sense that you knew were they were going and after such a high pace, it took it's sweet ass time to get to the obvious ending.

I didn't expect for the film to be so self contained.

Really liked the "surprises" and there's a couple of scenes were Raimi reminds you he's a dope filmmaker (there are other scenes that make you go :patrice: though) and some unique sequences I really appreciated.

Overall a good movie that I enjoyed. I'm not sure everyone will feel this way though because I feel there's a group of people whose expectations wont be met and they are gonna be really pissed about it :heh:
How was the horror

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In Regards to the 1st post credit scene

Last chance to turn back :mjgrin:

Since Clea has entered the fray i feel like the people who have been wanting Mephisto to show up might be getting that wish soon. Also Umar (No johnson :russ:) & the other hell gods like Satannish will appear

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I might be in the minority here but I kind of wish that they didn’t go ahead and make Wanda the villain of the movie. I actually thought her and strange would team up to fight Nightmare or someone else. Now, they kind of mucked up her character a bit. I wonder if is the last we will see of Wanda.

Daps
Warning....

Due to the servers being updated my mod powers are fukked up. So Houston is the only person that can moderate this thread.

Houston can also permanently ban people so he'll most likely be far less lenient than I am. So tread lightly.

Fred.

Houston about to lay that hammer down on nikkas, I can't wait :ufdup:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie is a mess unfortunately. Some parts are highly entertaining - Raimi's direction, the horror aspects, the performances, the cameos and Wanda/Scarlett Witch - but the first half hour is atrocious, the writing is pedestrian and the plotting is all over the place. It does get better as it goes on and definitely has a new feel in terms of the well-executed horror stuff but they really handicapped it with the shyte first half.

Also, it's very much an MCU Movie featuring Doctor Strange, Wanda and guests, rather than what everyone wanted - Doctor Strange horror movie directed by Sam Raimi with repercussions for the MCU. It would have been way more coherent if it was the latter.

I'd still go see it in the cinema for some of the stand-out moments in the second half though. 5/10 movie.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Movie is a mess unfortunately. Some parts are highly entertaining - Raimi's direction, the horror aspects, the performances, the cameos and Wanda/Scarlett Witch - but the first half hour is atrocious, the writing is pedestrian and the plotting is all over the place. It does get better as it goes on and definitely has a new feel in terms of the well-executed horror stuff but they really handicapped it with the shyte first half.

Also, it's very much an MCU Movie featuring Doctor Strange, Wanda and guests, rather than what everyone wanted - Doctor Strange horror movie directed by Sam Raimi with repercussions for the MCU. It would have been way more coherent if it was the latter.

I'd still go see it in the cinema for some of the stand-out moments in the second half though. 5/10 movie.

Ouch! But I see where you’re coming from. I felt like the movie just didn’t have enough time to “breathe”. Just so much going on that you weren’t truly able to marinate on the events that are unfolding. To be honest, I thought initially it was going to be a team up movie which I thought would’ve been cool.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

It seems like Marvel's The Avengers, Avengers: Infinity War & Avengers: Endgame were not only the anchors of the MCU, but it bounded everything in between together and kept audiences and critics alike engaged in everything.

Since the conclusion of the infinity saga, there are no anchors. They haven't been announced. So while everything is still connected, there is no culmination event that everything is leading up to. And it's extremely hard to top the Infinity saga. Plus all of the movies pointed in one direction. Fans up to this point haven't been given a direction so the perception is that everything is all over the place. And to the fact that the MCU's biggest character anchors (Steve Rogers & Tony Stark) are gone. Hawkeye is retired and Natasha is dead. Plus it's been over a decade since the MCU began. The fan base has changed. Some day one fans have moved on, and new fans come in with new expectations. This is truly uncharted territory.

I also think if the same Phase I movies dropped today, they wouldn't be as well received as they did when they first dropped. #marvelset is still strong though. Nobody else has been able to stop their reign... But I think that's also why people are so eager to gravity towards DC properties despite the mediocre product they put out. As long as it's no MCU related, they will at least try to consume it.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I might be in the minority here but I kind of wish that they didn’t go ahead and make Wanda the villain of the movie. I actually thought her and strange would team up to fight Nightmare or someone else. Now, they kind of mucked up her character a bit. I wonder if is the last we will see of Wanda.
Gargantos as an Eldritch abomination would have been cool