The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Like I mentioned in the other thread, this would’ve been better suited in TV format. This had a lot of potential but wasn’t given enough time to truly expand the story. That to me is a hard downfall of the movie although I still enjoyed it

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Man what the actual fukk? So how do you throw in a mutant that reads minds as a cameo and no mention of mutants, lmao

Yeah…I honestly think that was possibly the initial plan but something changed along the lines.

What really surprised me was Vision wasn’t a factor in this. He got one tiny mention but that is about it. I was trying to understand why as I watched the movie

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Yeah…I honestly think that was possibly the initial plan but something changed along the lines.

What really surprised me was Vision wasn’t a factor in this. He got one tiny mention but that is about it. I was trying to understand why as I watched the movie
Like.... I'm trying to figure out when they're gonna fix these gaps or in which movie.

Next up is Thor, BP: black feminists forever and Guardians of the Galaxy. They must be trying to ditch the core fans and go in a different direction.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Like.... I'm trying to figure out when they're gonna fix these gaps or in which movie.

Next up is Thor, BP: black feminists forever and Guardians of the Galaxy. They must be trying to ditch the core fans and go in a different direction.

My guess is no time soon. The next big event that I can see coming is Secret Wars perhaps due to Secret Invasion happening on the small screen.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Warning....

Due to the servers being updated my mod powers are fukked up. So Houston is the only person that can moderate this thread.

Houston can also permanently ban people so he'll most likely be far less lenient than I am. So tread lightly.

Fred.

Good thing me and @Houston911 are cool :whoo:

I never gave him no problems

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Just coming back from watching it.

I've gotten used to just watching the first teaser for comic book movies and staying the fukk away from spoilers and major speculations so I didn't think they were going to go with the direction they went...and I liked it :ehh:

I'd say the first act (whatever it lasts, 15-25 minutes?) is kinda hard to get through. Weird camera shots, bad comedy, clunky exposition and a stupid high pace so they can get the actual plot going. After that it settles and I fukking loved what I saw :wow: so much so that once they have to move forward to wrap shyt up it takes step down, to the point the movie became a little tedious in the sense that you knew were they were going and after such a high pace, it took it's sweet ass time to get to the obvious ending.

I didn't expect for the film to be so self contained.

Really liked the "surprises" and there's a couple of scenes were Raimi reminds you he's a dope filmmaker (there are other scenes that make you go :patrice: though) and some unique sequences I really appreciated.

Overall a good movie that I enjoyed. I'm not sure everyone will feel this way though because I feel there's a group of people whose expectations wont be met and they are gonna be really pissed about it :heh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I gotta say I DID NOT expect them explaining Incursions this fukking early in the MCU :whoo:

They are gonna fukk it up and do Secret Wars 2015 without establishing Dr. Doom, probably not even gonna use the Beyonders nor Battleworld. They are gonna miss a home run saga like the Thanos/Infinity one. Hickman basically wrote a damn TV show with "Times Runs Out", they just had to follow the blueprint :francis:

I had no issue with Wanda destroying everyone, except they didn't explain why 616 Wanda was so much more dangerous than what the Illuminati expected. They seemed very confident and got washed by someone they already knew was insanely powerful and had the Darkhold.

The Xavier "fight" was very unique, I liked it. Though there was a missed chance of showing 616 Wanda how broken she was, which would've made her ending less abrupt (I mean, she just sees the kids, realizes she's a monster, then she goes the fukk away) and the viewer more empathetic towards her.

fukking LOVED Raimi making Wanda look like Carrie and just a demonic witch fukking everyone up, loved how that whole sequence was shot.

Also no Shuma Gorath? Iron man bots but no superior iron man, not even with Kang?

Shuma shows up in the first act but nobody knows who it is, it's just a monster that's chasing America Chavez.

There are no Iron Man robots with the Illuminati, those robots are Ultrons.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Very much agree with this. Vision was a driving force for Wanda on the TV show and it didn't feel like she was "over him" once the show was done.

Them pivoting to her just caring about her children was probably a sign of some backstage fukkery happening.

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
Just coming back from watching it.

I've gotten used to just watching the first teaser for comic book movies and staying the fukk away from spoilers and major speculations so I didn't think they were going to go with the direction they went...and I liked it :ehh:

I'd say the first act (whatever it lasts, 15-25 minutes?) is kinda hard to get through. Weird camera shots, bad comedy, clunky exposition and a stupid high pace so they can get the actual plot going. After that it settles and I fukking loved what I saw :wow: so much so that once they have to move forward to wrap shyt up it takes step down, to the point the movie became a little tedious in the sense that you knew were they were going and after such a high pace, it took it's sweet ass time to get to the obvious ending.

I didn't expect for the film to be so self contained.

Really liked the "surprises" and there's a couple of scenes were Raimi reminds you he's a dope filmmaker (there are other scenes that make you go :patrice: though) and some unique sequences I really appreciated.

Overall a good movie that I enjoyed. I'm not sure everyone will feel this way though because I feel there's a group of people whose expectations wont be met and they are gonna be really pissed about it :heh:
Every review I've seen has been saying the same thing everyone seems to praise the second act of the film while saying the first 30-45 minutes is typical mcu