The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Whoever posted before about Wanda/Scarlet Witch and Phoenix (couldn't quote). I think they're somewhat equal but, in different ways. If you go by general comic book consensus, its Jean/Phoenix. She's an Omega level mutant. In a straight up fight, she would be so fast and so destructive that she could kill Wanda before she knew what hit her. But after watching this movie and reading up on Scarlet Witch, I don't see how Wanda doesn't win (if she puts her mind to it). Jean can manipulate matter at its base level as a telekinetic but, Wanda can warp reality. Chaos magic is in its own tier just like the Phoenix. Wanda can travel to different universes. Phoenix can't do that...she can only travel around this one. Wanda doesn't have to fight Jean using her body. And lastly, the "No More Mutants" thing. I know Jean Grey was dead (conveniently) when this happened in the comics but, Wanda deaded 98% of mutants with just a thought, and if she wasn't distracted, she could have deaded 100%. So while yes, I think in a straight up fight Jean could kill her but, Wanda wouldn't face her straight up. She would probably send all sorts of body doubles and monsters at her. Then she'd try to trap her somehow. Then she'd try to send her to another dimension. Then if they ever went with the comics, she could do her just like she did all the other mutants. There's no way you can read Wanda took everyone's powers away by altering reality as we know it then say she loses.

That was me.

Ok let me ask this since you did just bring up an interesting point.

Like I’m not sure how much stronger as a telepath as Jean is to X. Or how far the gap is.

But what’s to say Wanda wouldn’t fight back the brain control similar to how she did Jean and can’t she technically do the same thing back to her?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Eggers is 3 for 3 :wow:

I would say give him whatever budget he wants but apparently this flopped :francis:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Whoever posted before about Wanda/Scarlet Witch and Phoenix (couldn't quote). I think they're somewhat equal but, in different ways. If you go by general comic book consensus, its Jean/Phoenix. She's an Omega level mutant. In a straight up fight, she would be so fast and so destructive that she could kill Wanda before she knew what hit her. But after watching this movie and reading up on Scarlet Witch, I don't see how Wanda doesn't win (if she puts her mind to it). Jean can manipulate matter at its base level as a telekinetic but, Wanda can warp reality. Chaos magic is in its own tier just like the Phoenix. Wanda can travel to different universes. Phoenix can't do that...she can only travel around this one. Wanda doesn't have to fight Jean using her body. And lastly, the "No More Mutants" thing. I know Jean Grey was dead (conveniently) when this happened in the comics but, Wanda deaded 98% of mutants with just a thought, and if she wasn't distracted, she could have deaded 100%. So while yes, I think in a straight up fight Jean could kill her but, Wanda wouldn't face her straight up. She would probably send all sorts of body doubles and monsters at her. Then she'd try to trap her somehow. Then she'd try to send her to another dimension. Then if they ever went with the comics, she could do her just like she did all the other mutants. There's no way you can read Wanda took everyone's powers away by altering reality as we know it then say she loses.

Wanda = Chaos
Pheonix = Order

I say Wanda washes her tf up just based on self awareness.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
I’m just not seeing how Wanda is winning a fight against Jean at their most powerful. Wanda can reshape reality on a limited basis (maybe just planetary like shown in House of M) but Jean as Phoenix can destroy planets.

Also Phoenix is a multiversal entity that’s considered part of the cycle of existence that is acknowledged by gods on a cosmic scale. I don’t think Wanda’s powers have ever been considered cosmic-level or that she’s reached that same status. Franklin Richards is the only cosmic level reality warper that I can think of.

As Phoenix Jean can control herself on a molecular level with her telekinesis so I’m not even seeing how Wanda can warp Jean’s reality in any meaningful way when she has such an inherent defense. Wanda gets washed 10/10 imo.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was me.

Ok let me ask this since you did just bring up an interesting point.

Like I’m not sure how much stronger as a telepath as Jean is to X. Or how far the gap is.

But what’s to say Wanda wouldn’t fight back the brain control similar to how she did Jean and can’t she technically do the same thing back to her?

Jean is stronger than Professor X, I believe. She can evade his telepathy and is a Omega level telekinetic. She's basically a combination of X and Magneto (if Magneto could manipulate everything and not just metal). But like we saw, Wanda killed X off like he was a bug along with several others. That's them telling us how strong she is. I don't think Jean would try telepathy because Wanda would fight back. Jean would just try to destroy her with brute strength.

People grew up on Jean Grey/Phoenix via X-Men so they're biased IMO. I've read people online act like Jean Grey and The Phoenix are interchangeable, as if Jean's powers are more valid while saying Wanda's powers aren't really hers lol....there's no difference between the two. Jean Grey is a mutant using an external power source (The Phoenix Force) and Wanda is a witch using an external power source (Chthon's Chaos Magic). I think in a straight up fight Jean Grey would win because she's probably faster and more destructive strength wise. But Wanda is a witch, she's not gonna fight like that. The same way Dr. Strange doesn't fight in conventional methods. The fact that Jean can only exist in this universe while Wanda can travel to different dimensions and different universes within the multiverse makes Jean start to look small imo. At her highest strength, Wanda could rewrite reality. I don't see how an unbiased comic book writer would have Wanda lose unless they purposely made Wanda act dumb. Wanda can't kill the Phoenix Force since it has to exist but, who says Wanda can't wish for the Phoenix to separate from Jean or any other fukked up thought she has. She can do anything with that power. That's why I don't get people trying to brush that off.

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m just not seeing how Wanda is winning a fight against Jean at their most powerful. Wanda can reshape reality on a limited basis (maybe just planetary like shown in House of M) but Jean as Phoenix can destroy planets.

Also Phoenix is a multiversal entity that’s considered part of the cycle of existence that is acknowledged by gods on a cosmic scale. I don’t think Wanda’s powers have ever been considered cosmic-level or that she’s reached that same status. Franklin Richards is the only cosmic level reality warper that I can think of.

As Phoenix Jean can control herself on a molecular level with her telekinesis so I’m not even seeing how Wanda can warp Jean’s reality in any meaningful way when she has such an inherent defense. Wanda gets washed 10/10 imo.

To me that sounds like conflating Jean with Phoenix as if they're the same person. Which alot of people tend to do.

That's like me saying Wanda is Chthon. Wanda is just channeling the magic the same way Jean is.

And yea....Wanda's Chaos Wave reshaped reality on a multiversal scale breh. She literally almost broke all of creation.

The Chaos Wave (Concept) - Comic Vine

I don't see how an unbiased writer can say she nearly broke creation itself but, then say she couldn't alter reality to find a way to deal with Jean.