Reppin
Flint, Michigan
280184298_382614570452563_6624237180130299394_n.jpg

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I don't even think it's a "people who put too much stock in the comics" thing because I been reading comics since I was kid and while I'm about 4 years behind (catching up right now TBH) I have no problem with the Multiverse because nothing was ever set in stone with the Multiverse to begin with.

Every universe is different, some are similar, eerily similar, and some are completely different.

That has always been the case and nothing in DS2 has diverted away from that truth, it just so happens that they used the fact that America is young and untrained in her powers so they always ended up "Where they were supposed to be". That's just writing. Some might call it bad writing, but this shyt is all based on comics, so why are cats so upset.

The multiverse in the MCU is a convenient way to bring everything all together, things that were missing (FF, X-Men) at the time of the MCU's inception.

It's convenient, AND it tracks, because even stranger shyt has happend in the comics and we all simply accept it, because IT'S COMICS
Except they haven’t done that. They’ve done the exact opposite.

They just randomly folded Netflix Daredevil in despite it making little sense to the Infinity Saga narrative. And they cast out Agents of Shield despite it originally being 100% continuity until it wasn’t.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whoever posted before about Wanda/Scarlet Witch and Phoenix (couldn't quote). I think they're somewhat equal but, in different ways. If you go by general comic book consensus, its Jean/Phoenix. She's an Omega level mutant. In a straight up fight, she would be so fast and so destructive that she could kill Wanda before she knew what hit her. But after watching this movie and reading up on Scarlet Witch, I don't see how Wanda doesn't win (if she puts her mind to it). Jean can manipulate matter at its base level as a telekinetic but, Wanda can warp reality. Chaos magic is in its own tier just like the Phoenix. Wanda can travel to different universes. Phoenix can't do that...she can only travel around this one. Wanda doesn't have to fight Jean using her body. And lastly, the "No More Mutants" thing. I know Jean Grey was dead (conveniently) when this happened in the comics but, Wanda deaded 98% of mutants with just a thought, and if she wasn't distracted, she could have deaded 100%. So while yes, I think in a straight up fight Jean could kill her but, Wanda wouldn't face her straight up. She would probably send all sorts of body doubles and monsters at her. Then she'd try to trap her somehow. Then she'd try to send her to another dimension. Then if they ever went with the comics, she could do her just like she did all the other mutants. There's no way you can read Wanda took everyone's powers away by altering reality as we know it then say she loses.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Whoever posted before about Wanda/Scarlet Witch and Phoenix (couldn't quote). I think they're somewhat equal but, in different ways. If you go by general comic book consensus, its Jean/Phoenix. She's an Omega level mutant. In a straight up fight, she would be so fast and so destructive that she could kill Wanda before she knew what hit her. But after watching this movie and reading up on Scarlet Witch, I don't see how Wanda doesn't win (if she puts her mind to it). Jean can manipulate matter at its base level as a telekinetic but, Wanda can warp reality. Chaos magic is in its own tier just like the Phoenix. Wanda can travel to different universes. Phoenix can't do that...she can only travel around this one. Wanda doesn't have to fight Jean using her body. And lastly, the "No More Mutants" thing. I know Jean Grey was dead (conveniently) when this happened in the comics but, Wanda deaded 98% of mutants with just a thought, and if she wasn't distracted, she could have deaded 100%. So while yes, I think in a straight up fight Jean could kill her but, Wanda wouldn't face her straight up. She would probably send all sorts of body doubles and monsters at her. Then she'd try to trap her somehow. Then she'd try to send her to another dimension. Then if they ever went with the comics, she could do her just like she did all the other mutants. There's no way you can read Wanda took everyone's powers away by altering reality as we know it then say she loses.

dunno about that.

pheonix was eating stars for lunch.

rachel (as pheonix) travelled through time.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Yep that’s why I wasn’t too let down about the movie. Continue the story on the next mcu film
only "issue" with that is, they dont do that. Thor aint gonna have shyt to do with this. prolly some end scene mention. wakanada is gonna be more related to eternals. maybe one of these boring tv shows will have more multiverse fukkey. next movie that deals directly with this multiverse stuff might be ant-mane

Aquarius Snake

All Star
Supporter
Daps
All Im seeing is people bytching because they got sucked in to the internet fake leaks and rumors and the hype elevated their expectations.

They expected No Way Home on steroids infested with cameos. But instead got an actual movie with character arcs and character development.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Cool movie. At least now we don’t have to deal with marvel set bozos missing that Wanda been a villain from the first scene of WandaVision.