The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I think they are getting sloppy. Multiverses rarely share the same exact backstory. When the bad Strange said that he recognized all of the other Stranges by the passing of his little sister *the exact same way*, they lost the plot.

Also, if Wanda is so powerful, why didn't she create shoes or at least some shields for her feet, instead of hobbling after them on glass-cut feet? :D So many little moments like that just didn't make any sense.
People with fond memories of the comics put too much stock in the multiverse concept.
It was really just a fix when they hit a wall with all their characters, and thats what it is now.
Which is fine, by the way - the fact that they kept the MCU coherent for most of the Infinity Saga is why the MCU was so unique and special. To expect them to maintain that level of consistency forever isnt reasonable. But, to say the multiverse was ever some meticulously crafted plot element with scientific foundations is laughable.
Just like the force in Star Wars, its nonsense bullshyt so they can do all sorts of crazy shyt that makes no sense and just say "the force"...or "the multiverse".
In short, dont think too deeply about any of this. The writers certainly havent.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
People with fond memories of the comics put too much stock in the multiverse concept.
It was really just a fix when they hit a wall with all their characters, and thats what it is now.
Which is fine, by the way - the fact that they kept the MCU coherent for most of the Infinity Saga is why the MCU was so unique and special. To expect them to maintain that level of consistency forever isnt reasonable. But, to say the multiverse was ever some meticulously crafted plot element with scientific foundations is laughable.
Just like the force in Star Wars, its nonsense bullshyt so they can do all sorts of crazy shyt that makes no sense and just say "the force"...or "the multiverse".
In short, dont think too deeply about any of this. The writers certainly havent.
I don't even think it's a "people who put too much stock in the comics" thing because I been reading comics since I was kid and while I'm about 4 years behind (catching up right now TBH) I have no problem with the Multiverse because nothing was ever set in stone with the Multiverse to begin with.

Every universe is different, some are similar, eerily similar, and some are completely different.

That has always been the case and nothing in DS2 has diverted away from that truth, it just so happens that they used the fact that America is young and untrained in her powers so they always ended up "Where they were supposed to be". That's just writing. Some might call it bad writing, but this shyt is all based on comics, so why are cats so upset.

The multiverse in the MCU is a convenient way to bring everything all together, things that were missing (FF, X-Men) at the time of the MCU's inception.

It's convenient, AND it tracks, because even stranger shyt has happend in the comics and we all simply accept it, because IT'S COMICS

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
They can do house of m in the 838 universe; it's set up better than 616

Exactly what I was thinking.

This is our in-roads to one-offs. We know that Superior Ironman was written into the script as an option, some say maybe they'll save it for Secret Wars years down the line but if that's really a thing, don't wait. If there's an Ironman Varient in SW bring back RDJ.

But in the meantime, there is clearly an Ironman varient in 838 who's had more time to work on his selfish ambitions with Reed around pushing things toward a utopia (that's why everything looked so glossy in comparison to 616). A suit of armor around the world vs. solve everything....

:mjlit:

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I keep seeing people going where's Vision, how come he ain't show up ect.

Vision for all intents and purposes is back to being a machine. He may have his MEMORIES back but that's just data. His personality and emotional capability came from the mind-stone and the input from Tony, Jarvis, Bruce. That is who Wanda fell in love with and all of that, the equivelent of his soul is GONE.

I would pitch a VisionQuest limited series as sort of a sequal to Wandavision. In the comics when Vis get's his mind wiped and finds out the truth about Wanda and his 'kids' they don't stay together. He has to do some 'soul' searching and will probably need another mind-model to ever be somewhat human again.

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I keep seeing people going where's Vision, how come he ain't show up ect.

Vision for all intents and purposes is back to being a machine. He may have his MEMORIES back but that's just data. His personality and emotional capability came from the mind-stone and the input from Tony, Jarvis, Bruce. That is who Wanda fell in love with and all of that, the equivelent of his soul is GONE.

I would pitch a VisionQuest limited series as sort of a sequal to Wandavision. In the comics when Vis get's his mind wiped and finds out the truth about Wanda and his 'kids' they don't stay together. He has to do some 'soul' searching and will probably need another mind-model to ever be somewhat human again.
Scarlet Witch solo is everything but confirmed though so Vision will show up then

Also, there is going to be a 4th iteration of the Avengers

- Sam Wilson Cap
- Jane Foster Thor
- Grey Vision
- Riri Williams Ironheart
- Pete or Miles
- Hercules or Hulk
- Strange
- Kate Hawkeye
- Yelena Widow

We have a ways to go before we figure this all out...they just met to figure out the next 10 years

We're going to get the FF and X-Men done properly, Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Phoenix

We're getting everything if everyone simply accepts that Covid fukked up the play, they had to call audibles, but this is still the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Krasinski got a pop in this theater. I really hope they keep him. He looked good in the suit, pause.

Jon Watts dropped out as the director F4 it's rumors that Krazinski or Bryce Dallas Howard (Ron Howards daughter) might star and direct the film together as Reed and Sue. She's got episodes of black mirror, mandalorian, bobba fett and upcoming Flight Of the Navigator remake under her belt.

:leon:

If they like her for that project F4 shouldn't be out of her wheelhouse.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I saw a video explaining what the incursion is and also how it ties into the introduction of Clea. The incursion will bring the mutants to this universe when the 2 world collide. They'll probably jump right into a secret wars movie introducing the X Men organically as rivals to the avengers with new faces from the other planet then soft reboot everything with a younger cast. This is happening no time soon. They're definitely only focusing on the fantastic 4 for the next phase.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Watched today, movie was solid

saw the “twist” coming from the start