The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Also, I'm pretty sure Scarlet Witch is an omega level mutant. If not, she's still a very powerful character. Those not familiar need to read up on House of M. MCU Marks need to step back and research before bytching about her power level. :ufdup:
word...she's definitely omega.

I hope ICEMAN's powers are fully shown on day on film.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the reasoning and rational behind the infinity stones.

got damn. they retrospectively call it "infinity saga" and brehs start seeing things that weren't there in the first place.

Marvel's Biggest MCU Retcons

"The six Infinity Stones were the McGuffins of MCU's Infinity Saga. While some of them emerged late, like the Soul Stone, others had existed in the universe as early as Phase 1, only in different forms. The First Avenger featured the first Infinity Stone via the Space Stone, which was then only known as the Tesseract - however, this wasn't always the case. In fact, it was merely a Cosmic Cube and was treated as such even in The Avengers. It was only in Thor: The Dark World where it was explicitly called an Infinity Stone, which stuck until Endgame.

Another big retcon that had something to do with an Infinity Stone was the reveal that Loki was being mind-controlled via the Mind Stone-fitted scepter that Thanos (Josh Brolin) gave him. Marvel Studios confirmed this via a slight change in the God of Mischief's official bio. This effectively established that Loki is more of an anti-hero than a pure villain."

"The Infinity Gauntlet was a focal point of Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame, as it allowed its wearer to wield all power of the Infinity Stones at the same time. However, the metal glove has had a tumultuous history in the MCU that involved retconning. We first see it inside Odin's vault on Asgard from 2011's Thor. So people were understandably confused when the post-credit scene in Avengers: Age of Ultron saw the Mad Titan donning what apparently was the real Infinity Gauntlet.

Marvel Studios addressed this continuity error by saying that one of gauntlets was fake - a detail that even crept up in Thor: Ragnarok where Hela (Cate Blanchett) explicitly said that the Infinity Gauntlet inside Odin's vault was only a replica. Subsequently, Infinity War clarified the origins of the genuine Infinity Gauntlet. As it turned out, Thanos and his minions went to Nidavellir, sought the help of legendary blacksmith Eitri (Peter Dinklage) and forced him to create the metal glove."

Kevin Feige Explains Thor 3 Infinity Gauntlet Retcon

"Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige explains how they solved the Marvel Cinematic Universe's big Infinity Gauntlet issue in Thor: Ragnarok. In Kenneth Branagh's first Thor film from 2011 - back when the shared universe was just getting off the ground - the studio added several easter eggs to tease what was to come in the future, including placing the Infinity Gauntlet inside Odin's vault on Asgard. However, they unwittingly cornered themselves by doing so."

"The scepter was retconned to contain the Mind Stone in 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron. This move introduced another Infinity Stone in a recognizable MCU artifact and explained the scepter's powers of mind control in the first two Avengers films."

Why Did Thanos Give Loki An Infinity Stone in the First Place?

endless links about this ...

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Marvel definitely has a plan but the execution just isnt the same this time around because of different circumstances. This time the binding theme is the multiverse which is harder to conceptualize and work with than cosmic stones. Also people are expecting Avengers level team ups and cross-overs out the gate when technically there isn’t even an Avengers team anymore, few characters have legit reasons to cross over, and the MCU as a whole has become for niche. Street-level characters are way more street level and the cosmic ones are way more cosmic now.

With that said this new phase isn’t hitting the same. Some reasons for it are outta Marvel’s control to variou degrees (Chad passing, Spider-Man ownership fukkery, Capt. Marvel flopping) and led to the absence of a core group of New Avengers. Really Strange is the only one holding it down right now.

Im gonna need them to tighten up the whole multiverse concept because shyt confuses me. They keep using different universes and timelines interchangeably when those things aren’t the same. Beaching timelines should still be the same universe like all beaches of a tree still having the same trunk but different universes should be like an entirely different tree even though it’s all in the same forest. Makes my head hurt.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
X-Men works better as a streaming series if you want to do the property justice.

Ideally X-Men has a main line of movies and then you do the other X series as individual shows like X-Factor, Hellions, X-Force, Marauders, New Mutants, etc.

The big movies are where you'd do the crossovers and big villains and you'd do the smaller villains in the smaller shows.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
There's "mutants" and then there are the X-men. Mutants (like Namor) already exist in the MCU. X-men 97 being the only official project Marvel Studios working on HAS to tie into the MCU at some point. In this movie, America dragged Strange through several different realities, which included an animated one so their continued storyline from the animated series will somehow bleed into/collide with the sacred timeline.
Yea but they couldn't even call them mutants for legal reasons.. Which is why Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver aren't mutants. Since they've gotten the rights back, they haven't introduced the story of the mutant gene and how many of them are out there. X-Men had a whole universe themselves, full of mutants, with their own stories too. That's not a small feat to just merge them into the timeline.

I'm not saying they won't pull it off. I'm just curious as to which way they will go with it.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i never thought cap was boring b/c hes written well. he's almost got the same boy scout ways superman does but w/o being boring. winter solider still arguably the goat marvel film. i just dunno how u can make a cool reed richards fight scene.
Because you, like myself, don't know his powers.. But after reading this:

Reed Richards (Earth-616) | Marvel Database | Fandom

He damn sure could have elite scenes with all that shyt he can do.. The judo alone will make for some ill scenes if they want to ground him a little first. He can hypnotize people.. And he's a super genius so he probably comes with gadgets and shyt too..

And this is coming from a Fantastic Four hater. I never liked any of them. But I'm alive to witness the GOAT comic book movies.. I saw a fire Wonder Woman and Captain America movies... I saw the composition of every live Spider-Man in one movie. They can damn sure make a good fight scene of out anything, I believe

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
what now? is that generally accepted now?
Should’ve been clearer. Didn’t mean flop financially. It made money. But the character still flopped when looked at in light of the fact that she was supposed to be part of Marvel’s new Big 3 going into next phases of MCU. You could make a solid argument for the financial performance being most related to riding the Infinity wave vs. interest in the character.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i never thought cap was boring b/c hes written well. he's almost got the same boy scout ways superman does but w/o being boring. winter solider still arguably the goat marvel film. i just dunno how u can make a cool reed richards fight scene.
You're right about Cap not being boring despite being a boyscout. I think he works because he's usually the underdog, whereas superman is a boyscout and the most powerful being in the world.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Yea but they couldn't even call them mutants for legal reasons.. Which is why Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver aren't mutants. Since they've gotten the rights back, they haven't introduced the story of the mutant gene and how many of them are out there. X-Men had a whole universe themselves, full of mutants, with their own stories too. That's not a small feat to just merge them into the timeline.

I'm not saying they won't pull it off. I'm just curious as to which way they will go with it.

Calling them 'miracles' before they got the rights back implied that their powers didn't come from tech or science. They aren't called mutants within the MCU lore because nobody has discovered the gene just yet.

What HAS happened in The Eternals is that we the audience at least know that the celestials created devients, beings that left unchecked naturally evolve and dominate the planets they're on. Whatever it is in the human genome that allows for mutation (like Hulk, Monica ect) can be traced back to devient genetics seeded by celestials, in this timeline or any for that matter.

X-men the animated series will serve as the origin for the X-men group specifically which is going to continue on Disney+ from the series finale. How they make it into the live action MCU is of course a mystery but as I said, there is is a comic right now featuring The Eternals, X-men and the Avengers called judgement day that lists Hickman's X-men runs as tie-ins. To me it seems obvious that they'll find a way within what has already been presented to us to do a version of Power of X in X-men 97 that ends with those mutants in the sacred timeline, probably running/hiding for their lives.

In Wandavision Agent Hayward and S.W.O.R.D. were essentially trying to re-tool Vision into being something like an sentinal...what happens when humans find out that there are people BORN with abilities, they're going to react to them way differently than the Avengers. The X-men know exactly where that leads.

:francis:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
shyt was dope!!!!!!
UKVu0t8.gif