The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I meant they haven't followed dogmatic path, they've made "plans" but alot of those have been adjusted ..Edgar Wright's initial version of Ant-Man wasn't even part of the MCU. Disney Plus too changes things for them since they have to make more content for them, much of which they never really planned for in 2005 or even 2015.

Gotcha…. I agree to a degree.

I definitely believe they always have like an overall OUTLINE of what they are trying to do or where they are trying to go.

Then as they get closer they continue ideate down to clearer pictures and make the proper adjustments as need. Like I remember they mentioned Eternals back in like 2012 or so.

Fiegie 3 years ago said they had planned out to like 2024 and now recently they announced they bout to plan out for the next 10-12 years

As far as EWrights Antman…. You kinda both right and wrong.

You right from the standpoint that he was in talks to do Antman back in 2003 before Marvel Studies even existed.

But by the time things started to come together with the MCU…. He was on board and it was part of it.

That panel I showed of Comicon 2006, he was up there too a few seats from Fiegie

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Where do you get that from?

the reasoning and rational behind the infinity stones.

got damn. they retrospectively call it "infinity saga" and brehs start seeing things that weren't there in the first place.

Marvel's Biggest MCU Retcons

"The six Infinity Stones were the McGuffins of MCU's Infinity Saga. While some of them emerged late, like the Soul Stone, others had existed in the universe as early as Phase 1, only in different forms. The First Avenger featured the first Infinity Stone via the Space Stone, which was then only known as the Tesseract - however, this wasn't always the case. In fact, it was merely a Cosmic Cube and was treated as such even in The Avengers. It was only in Thor: The Dark World where it was explicitly called an Infinity Stone, which stuck until Endgame.

Another big retcon that had something to do with an Infinity Stone was the reveal that Loki was being mind-controlled via the Mind Stone-fitted scepter that Thanos (Josh Brolin) gave him. Marvel Studios confirmed this via a slight change in the God of Mischief's official bio. This effectively established that Loki is more of an anti-hero than a pure villain."

"The Infinity Gauntlet was a focal point of Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame, as it allowed its wearer to wield all power of the Infinity Stones at the same time. However, the metal glove has had a tumultuous history in the MCU that involved retconning. We first see it inside Odin's vault on Asgard from 2011's Thor. So people were understandably confused when the post-credit scene in Avengers: Age of Ultron saw the Mad Titan donning what apparently was the real Infinity Gauntlet.

Marvel Studios addressed this continuity error by saying that one of gauntlets was fake - a detail that even crept up in Thor: Ragnarok where Hela (Cate Blanchett) explicitly said that the Infinity Gauntlet inside Odin's vault was only a replica. Subsequently, Infinity War clarified the origins of the genuine Infinity Gauntlet. As it turned out, Thanos and his minions went to Nidavellir, sought the help of legendary blacksmith Eitri (Peter Dinklage) and forced him to create the metal glove."

Kevin Feige Explains Thor 3 Infinity Gauntlet Retcon

"Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige explains how they solved the Marvel Cinematic Universe's big Infinity Gauntlet issue in Thor: Ragnarok. In Kenneth Branagh's first Thor film from 2011 - back when the shared universe was just getting off the ground - the studio added several easter eggs to tease what was to come in the future, including placing the Infinity Gauntlet inside Odin's vault on Asgard. However, they unwittingly cornered themselves by doing so."

"The scepter was retconned to contain the Mind Stone in 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron. This move introduced another Infinity Stone in a recognizable MCU artifact and explained the scepter's powers of mind control in the first two Avengers films."

Why Did Thanos Give Loki An Infinity Stone in the First Place?

endless links about this ...

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
the reasoning and rational behind the infinity stones.

got damn. they retrospectively call it "infinity saga" and brehs start seeing things that weren't there in the first place.

Marvel's Biggest MCU Retcons

"The six Infinity Stones were the McGuffins of MCU's Infinity Saga. While some of them emerged late, like the Soul Stone, others had existed in the universe as early as Phase 1, only in different forms. The First Avenger featured the first Infinity Stone via the Space Stone, which was then only known as the Tesseract - however, this wasn't always the case. In fact, it was merely a Cosmic Cube and was treated as such even in The Avengers. It was only in Thor: The Dark World where it was explicitly called an Infinity Stone, which stuck until Endgame.

Another big retcon that had something to do with an Infinity Stone was the reveal that Loki was being mind-controlled via the Mind Stone-fitted scepter that Thanos (Josh Brolin) gave him. Marvel Studios confirmed this via a slight change in the God of Mischief's official bio. This effectively established that Loki is more of an anti-hero than a pure villain."

"The Infinity Gauntlet was a focal point of Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame, as it allowed its wearer to wield all power of the Infinity Stones at the same time. However, the metal glove has had a tumultuous history in the MCU that involved retconning. We first see it inside Odin's vault on Asgard from 2011's Thor. So people were understandably confused when the post-credit scene in Avengers: Age of Ultron saw the Mad Titan donning what apparently was the real Infinity Gauntlet.

Marvel Studios addressed this continuity error by saying that one of gauntlets was fake - a detail that even crept up in Thor: Ragnarok where Hela (Cate Blanchett) explicitly said that the Infinity Gauntlet inside Odin's vault was only a replica. Subsequently, Infinity War clarified the origins of the genuine Infinity Gauntlet. As it turned out, Thanos and his minions went to Nidavellir, sought the help of legendary blacksmith Eitri (Peter Dinklage) and forced him to create the metal glove."

Kevin Feige Explains Thor 3 Infinity Gauntlet Retcon

"Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige explains how they solved the Marvel Cinematic Universe's big Infinity Gauntlet issue in Thor: Ragnarok. In Kenneth Branagh's first Thor film from 2011 - back when the shared universe was just getting off the ground - the studio added several easter eggs to tease what was to come in the future, including placing the Infinity Gauntlet inside Odin's vault on Asgard. However, they unwittingly cornered themselves by doing so."

"The scepter was retconned to contain the Mind Stone in 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron. This move introduced another Infinity Stone in a recognizable MCU artifact and explained the scepter's powers of mind control in the first two Avengers films."

Why Did Thanos Give Loki An Infinity Stone in the First Place?

endless links about this ...

Gotcha…. And I think that goes back to what I was saying where they make their adjustments here and there… and will constantly always continue to do so.

But that’s not full blown “we’re winging it” or “we don’t know what we are doing or where we are going”

Making the adjustments is what they are supposed to do and if they have and idea today…. But tomorrow have another idea that’s better or something presents itself to them. And they haven’t started production or can correct something minor from a predecessor.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Like not even about to take this convo to knock DC and hopefully this doesn’t open up that door.

But that’s one thing I wish they would do better, like I still think they should did a GL 2 and just tweak it better. I didn’t think the first was bad and feels it gets a TERRIBLE rap. They should’ve just made the adjustments and gave it another fair shot… like if one complaint was “they suit was CGI” then why not just make the suit real in the sequel? I honestly think if they would’ve went back to the drawing to make the adjustments maybe retcon a thing or 2. The sequel would’ve been AMAZING.

Cuz I wanted to see what they was gonna do with Yellow Lantern Sinestro

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Actually…… respectfully none of the bold is true.

So coincidentally speaking of YouTube :mjlol:

I like been watching this series “It Was A shyt Show” documenting the history of several franchises. And I’m now on the Ironman/MCU one.

Fiegie and co when they started brainstorming up the MCU back in like 04-05 they been decided they wanted to do a universe type thing. The thing that just surprised me is they really wanted Cap to be the first, but Ironman was decided overall.

April of 2006 at Comicon they announced Cap, Thor, Ironman, and at the time Nick Fury. And also at the time Antman to be directed by Edger Wright

Ironman didn’t drop until 2008.

So no, there was always a plan and there are too many records on file about them planning deep into their phases. They may pivot from time to time…. But everything is planned so far out they always made or make the adjustments accordingly. Also for the most part everything they announced has dropped one way or another

So someone must be lying because it was said Whedon decided to throw in the Thanos tease on his own. It wasnt pushed to him as part of the narrative. He said he put Thanos in there just because he liked him as a villain but had no plans on using him or even what to do with the character, he just did it.

So how can said thing be planned down to a science when it was a director who put Thanos in on a whim and had no intention of using him? Also the Tesseract being the space stone is 100% a retcon.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
So someone must be lying because it was said Whedon decided to throw in the Thanos tease on his own. It wasnt pushed to him as part of the narrative. He said he put Thanos in there just because he liked him as a villain but had no plans on using him or even what to do with the character, he just did it.

So how can said thing be planned down to a science when it was a director who put Thanos in on a whim and had no intention of using him? Also the Tesseract being the space stone is 100% a retcon.

I wonder about that then…. You got a point.

In that vid though Fiegie…. In 2006 Fiegie clearly hinted and named dropped The Avengers. Which came out like 2012. So maybe they didn’t have the full scale of plans complete in the first phase.

But I’m sure by the middle of it or end (The Release of A1), things started to come together and get clearer for them

This vid hints they typically do these big brain storming retreats as they’re gearing up to do their first one in the last 3 years due to the pandemic.

They have like 42 projects in production… many that were hinted or announced 3-6 years ago

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
That's the only thing I don't get with the multiverses... When they eventually bring the mutants over, will they be the same characters as their MCU versions... Will we get a whole other mutant universe and they cross over... Or will they will give us MCU versions...

Cause he was definitely Reed

There's "mutants" and then there are the X-men. Mutants (like Namor) already exist in the MCU. X-men 97 being the only official project Marvel Studios working on HAS to tie into the MCU at some point. In this movie, America dragged Strange through several different realities, which included an animated one so their continued storyline from the animated series will somehow bleed into/collide with the sacred timeline.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Gotcha…. And I think that goes back to what I was saying where they make their adjustments here and there… and will constantly always continue to do so.

and you would be wrong ...

But that’s not full blown “we’re winging it” or “we don’t know what we are doing or where we are going”

Making the adjustments is what they are supposed to do and if they have and idea today…. But tomorrow have another idea that’s better or something presents itself to them. And they haven’t started production or can correct something minor from a predecessor.

It means than there was no narrative throughline from the early days of Phase 1.

At the start of Phase 1 all they knew was "there will be a team up" and "the universe is shared".

Likewise at the start of Phase 4 all they have indicated is that "there will be a team up" and "the universe is shared".

It is incorrect to suggest that they knew or showed more in Phase 1 early films.

They changed that up in Phase 2 and had to retcon several things to make it make sense.

Those are not adjustments. They DIDNT KNOW that the infinity stones were Thanos' aim in those early days. Even the name "infinity saga" came much later.

Thanos chasing stones and the artifacts in Phase 1 being stones became a thing in Phase 2.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Also, I'm pretty sure Scarlet Witch is an omega level mutant. If not, she's still a very powerful character. Those not familiar need to read up on House of M. MCU Marks need to step back and research before bytching about her power level. :ufdup:

Wanda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And it's BEEN like that for the better part of her existance, she is OP as fukk, this isn't some mary sue shyt lol

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like they will go with the 2015 comic version of secret wars instead of the OG for inspiration. Instead of God Emperor Doom its Kang but still leave in Dr Strange being the sheriff of Battleworld :russ: & etc.

X-men could honestly be its own entire phase of movies they still have not done X-cutioners Song, Fatal attractions, Onslaught saga etc in any film or tv show.
X-Men works better as a streaming series if you want to do the property justice.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I loved it.

I felt the scene where black bolt and Reed Richards getting killed within 5 seconds of each other was rushed. Like she just washed Mr fantastic in a few seconds and we just had a thread about how overrated the fantastic four was :hhh:

Not rushed at all. Wanda isn't a house cat, she ain't come in there to play around with her victims, she's driven.

Reed got himself and Black Bolt washed by being arrogant.

Him being the smartest person in the room means he feels the need to state the obvious and talk down to anybody who he knows for sure he's smarter than. Him telling Wanda that Black Bolt could kill her with a whisper from his mouth was an ill timed flex that's very in line with how he should be portrayed.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
and you would be wrong ...

It means than there was no narrative throughline from the early days of Phase 1.

At the start of Phase 1 all they knew was "there will be a team up" and "the universe is shared".

Likewise at the start of Phase 4 all they have indicated is that "there will be a team up" and "the universe is shared".

It is incorrect to suggest that they knew or showed more in Phase 1 early films.

They changed that up in Phase 2 and had to retcon several things to make it make sense.

Those are not adjustments. They DIDNT KNOW that the infinity stones were Thanos' aim in those early days. Even the name "infinity saga" came much later.

Thanos chasing stones and the artifacts in Phase 1 being stones became a thing in Phase 2.

Ok I gotcha… we kinda saying the same thing and kinda not. I’m talking more in specific chunks with my timelines. (2004/5-2011) (2011-2018)

You right…. In Phase one… the Infinity War thing indeed wasn’t fully scaled out. You right about that

From 2005… it was only l planned out to about 2012 with the Avengers and yes, it wasnt called the Infinity War Saga because during that time they was trying to get all of the Phase 1 shyt launched and trying not to flop.

Once Thanos debuted in Avengers 1, that’s kinda when they started to kick the tires for what was to come.

By the time the Russo’s finished Winter Soldier and then Civil War…. They had decided to let them do A3 & A4 so by then. They already had an idea of the direction so from at minimum 2013-2019

Remember there was 11 movies between WS and IW so from that moment there was clearly a plan

In this vid Fiegie himself said in Guardians 1 they knew where they were going with IW and that’s why the looked for and hired Josh Brolin. This was at minimum 2015-2016.

So it fair to say around the production of Guardians 1 they pretty much had their foot on the ground and it’s documented that when Russo was planning IW and EG, they were in constant conversations with all the other directors on their properties too so everyone was on the same page