The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This was MAYBE the best sequel Marvel has done and that's including Winter Soldier. I don't think Wanda carried the movie I just think she was an amazing antagonist that stole every scene she was in. Cumberbatch is so great as Dr.Strange man. I loved America Chavez. I like that she had the kinda relationship with Strange that Peter had with Stark. Sam Raimi's fingerprints were all over this shyt. When Wanda bodied the council :banderas:

Her and Captain Marvel going at it was flames. Finally made me interested in the character. Can't wait for Fantastic 4 now either.

9/10 easily. I wanna go see that shyt again.:wow:

not better than TWS. Still the best MCU movie.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Mom mom mom mom mom mommy mommy mommy mom mom look mom mom mom look look come look come look mom

I was ready for Wanda to be like actually I'm good on this :hubie:

Black Wanda goes back to her own universe.

Black Wanda: "My Bad Steven...fukk was I thinkin" :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The whole time she was ranting about wanting her children back I was thinking: Why doesn't she want her entire family back? Why isn't she trying to snatch up multiverse versions of Vision and Pietro too since she's going all scorched earth right now?

Good point

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So, Reed Richard's mentioned his 2 kids

Just imagine what lil' Franklin Richard's would do when he found out what happened to his dad. Scarlett witch thinks her reality warping powers are strong....shiiiiit

Mcu would never go that route though. Might make a good "what if" episode tho

They wouldn't know what to do with Frankie.

Maybe we get Onslaught one day.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Just watched it a second time, this is easily in the top 5-10 comic book movies ever. Straight up Thrill ride start to finish. Question for the people that hate this movie, what do you find so confusing about the plot? Let's talk about this because I found everything pretty straightforward

Top 10 comic book movies of all time for me IMO. Sorry but nothing beats endgame and the theater experience i had. That was a perfect wrap up to 10 years of storytelling

1. Avengers Endgame
2. Avengers Infinity War
3. Spider Man No Way Home
4. The Dark Knight
5. Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
6. Cap America: The Winter Soldier
7. Spider Man 2
8. Avengers
9. Thor Ragnarok
10. Guardians of the Galaxy

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Just watched it a second time, this is easily in the top 5-10 comic book movies ever. Straight up Thrill ride start to finish. Question for the people that hate this movie, what do you find so confusing about the plot? Let's talk about this because I found everything pretty straightforward

Top 10 comic book movies of all time for me IMO. Sorry but nothing beats endgame and the theater experience i had. That was a perfect wrap up to 10 years of storytelling

1. Avengers Endgame
2. Avengers Infinity War
3. Spider Man No Way Home
4. The Dark Knight
5. Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
6. Cap America: The Winter Soldier
7. Spider Man 2
8. Avengers
9. Thor Ragnarok
10. Guardians of the Galaxy
I'm surprised you put NWH so high, lol.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ideally X-Men has a main line of movies and then you do the other X series as individual shows like X-Factor, Hellions, X-Force, Marauders, New Mutants, etc.

The big movies are where you'd do the crossovers and big villains and you'd do the smaller villains in the smaller shows.
agreed. i've been saying for a while that a X-men movies should be on the level of an Avengers film. and they should do solo projects or lesser squads in between X-men events.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
So, this was an interesting experience. Visually, it was a feast for the eyes. I can definitely see why hard-core comic book fans would love this. It really was like a comic book come to life. That was cool....but CGI can only take you so far. The humor was especially bad and badly timed and the ideas and story never dug deep enough to mean anything. There was no substance or heart. I blame this on character development or lack of it. Wanda's struggle felt overdone. We've been there and done that, and she's back there again? I think I actually rolled my eyes at one point. There's also something really tired and cringe about making the most powerful woman in the MCU so emotionally frail that she has not one but several mental breakdowns lol Like are they trying to say something? As a woman, this definitely turned me off. Then there's Strange. They don't show him pining over Christine in most of the other MCU movies, so we have to remember that yeah, he had a bae from the first Strange movie that he may have cared about. Over 8 movies or so, we don't ever see him thinking or talking about her, so this romantic longing of his just feels forced. I did like how the movie explored his arrogance flaw. That was interesting. But America Chavez was a splash of cold water in almost ever scene she was in. This was some of the worst acting in the MCU to date. I felt second-hand embarrassment for the actress. I know she was trying, but all of her lines came across so green and stiff, that it was distracting. So for me, none of the characters' struggles and triumphs felt true or earned. The only thing that kept me engaged was the visuals and intrigue about how Raimi would work his horror magic. I think his skill was wasted here but it was nice to look at. 4/10 for me.