The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
That's not answering what I said. Captain Carter would be a new character to them. This movie leans too much into the streaming shows. If you want to do a wink and a nod here and there, fine but you cannot have the foundation of your plot be based on something that you had to consume six hours of to understand.

I disagree. This is what gets the fanboys hype and makes the other people feel they can’t miss the D+ shows due to fomo. Otherwise all the D+ shows would flop

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously COVID stopped DS2 from coming out first like it was supposed to because of delays/pushbacks

but after seeing the end of this with America training it makes so much more sense for her to bring in the other peters during No Way Home like the NWH concept art showed rather than it being ned who is just somehow able to use portals just because plot..

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I disagree. This is what gets the fanboys hype and makes the other people feel they can’t miss the D+ shows due to fomo. Otherwise all the D+ shows would flop
marvel has made it clear since Thor: dark world. They done explaining sheet, you with it or you ain't.

But most of the D+ shows been mid or worse

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Obviously COVID stopped it from happening the way it was supposed to because of delays/pushbacks

but after seeing the end of this with America training it makes so much more sense for her to bring in the other peters during No away Home like the NWH concept art showed rather than it being ned who is just somehow able to use portals just because plot..

NWH set it up decently for Ned. I don't think that movie had room for a whole arc to get to know America, it was full of enough other shyt

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
As large as Thanos history is in Marvel comics, even if he was the villain in Avengers 2- that doesnt mean he wouldnt be the big bad- nikka isnt the moleman

its called common sense

Ultron has bigger history and is the arch-nemesis of The Avengers yet was rendered to one movie.

Nobody had any idea what Marvel were doing with Thanos until Kevin Feige said so and literally showed everyone the plan.

Imma ask you again where is this theory coming from that Kang is going to be this big villain? where has Kevin Feige said or indicated to that? especially when they already have an actor cast.

This is one again y'all just making stuff up and then when it doesn't happen it suddenly becomes "the movie/phase was bad" like we're seeing with Doctor Strange and the imaginary cameos that the filmakers and producers never once said would happen :mjlol:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NWH set it up decently for Ned. I don't think that movie had room for a whole arc to get to know America, it was full of enough other shyt
It wouldn’t have been a whole arc, we woulda met her and learnt her story in DS2 the same way we just did, just before No Way Home as intended

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It just dawned on me like how some of the same few folks complaining about how Wanda washed the Illuminati and how much stronger they should’ve been.

Reminds of earlier MCU movies where some were complaining (and some are the same folks now) that the VILLAINS were too weak and the hero’s easily washed them.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: Damn man what do y’all really want?:russ:

I don't get why people still don't realize that the IIluminati here was just another name for Alternate universe Avengers :snoop:

They were not meant to be or function like the actual comic team.

It's like when Justice League had The Justice Lords. The Justice Lords were still The Justice League but just had a different name in their universe.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Facts. That’s why I stopped watching trailers and all the speculation vids. I came into this movie with a blank slate and no expectations

Yeah that's one thing I learned from watching Lost when it was out, I don't watch previews i don't watch trailers. I watch it when it comes out and call it a day. No need in having my imagination ruin some shyt that would normally be fun.

But I do notice the speculation is more fun than the movies to some fans but leads to disappointment

fade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dirty Mitten
Facts. That’s why I stopped watching trailers and all the speculation vids. I came into this movie with a blank slate and no expectations

Honestly that's the best way to go into any movie. So many people over analyze trailers and come up with wild theories to the point where they sat themselves up for failure.

I went in mostly blind and enjoyed the movie

hjnm

All Star
Daps
That's not answering what I said. Captain Carter would be a new character to them. This movie leans too much into the streaming shows. If you want to do a wink and a nod here and there, fine but you cannot have the foundation of your plot be based on something that you had to consume six hours of to understand.

It's just a variant version, the only new character for most people would be Black Bolt and he's properly explained in the movie.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
You can tell that this movie had to change the script because the dates got shifted and all.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
I think a lot of people are forgetting that the whole "plan" aspect back in the beginning of the MCU was just easter eggs. Shield, Thanos, etc....those things were thrown in as extras by the director because they thought it would be cool. Hell there wasnt even an MCU to begin with, they just decided to make an Iron Man movie to see how it did since they didnt have access to the X-Men, F4, or Spiderman.

There were so many retcons done that people now just take as a supreme plan. For example the tesseract was not always an infinity stone and Loki's scepter wasnt planned to have the mind stone. It was forced in there after they realized this thing was taking off and they could do the Infinity Stone story.

I dont understand how its so hard to just watch a movie for what it is. If the most enjoyable part of a movie is the 15 second post credit scene to allude to something else then you aer better off spending your money elsewhere. You can youtube that shyt. :heh:

Yeah people act like the MCU had some supreme plan from the jump when they've been always been winging it and adjusting. Hulk was supposed to be a TV show on ABC and Inhumans a movie. They tried to make Agents of Shield and the Netflix shows canon, then pretended like that was never the plan.